STL Thread/ Off Season/ Wanna talk about Playoffs?

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
It won't belong before he can't buy that ball....so what he is saying is, I have left overs and we aint buying anything new until they are all used up.

We've been hitting these Champro's for years. He said he was going to start getting Dudley as that is what his "sales guy" recommended. No idea who that guy is. Nothing wrong with Dudley, but whey not just get the Thunder SY's and call it a day.

Woody54

Coach
Personally only thing that matters to me is composite covers hard as heck for me to dig in to throw those nasty league knuckles if goes to the slick synthetic balls my fingernails arent long enough to dig into lol

Woody54

Coach
Or I could retire from pitching league and go back to outfield to showcase the hose still have somewhat range just a noodle arm nowadays lol

Hoodrats84

HRO Hero
Seems that a lot of the League directors are old guys that quit actually playing the game back in the 80s-90's when metal bats were used and still get hung up on the high cor of the balls making them a hotter ball. :rolleyes:

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Seems that a lot of the League directors are old guys that quit actually playing the game back in the 80s-90's when metal bats were used and still get hung up on the high cor of the balls making them a hotter ball. :rolleyes:

I think you hit the nail on the head right there.

Or I could retire from pitching league and go back to outfield to showcase the hose still have somewhat range just a noodle arm nowadays lol

Your snap skills need work, that first one on Al was pathetic.

Agreed, why listen to someone that actually knows what he's talking about when you can just do it like you've always done!

Hoodrats84

HRO Hero
I had a discussion the other day with someone who insisted that a shazor would hit a .52/275 even better than a .44/400. I question the effectiveness of a thinner wall when you would hit a ball that flexes like a .52 does.

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
I had a discussion the other day with someone who insisted that a shazor would hit a .52/275 even better than a .44/400. I question the effectiveness of a thinner wall when you would hit a ball that flexes like a .52 does.

Who was this mystery person?

Woody54

Coach
Didnt want the ball to pop out my new a2k lol and be real I showed you guys the big dog can roam in a 3 man outfield.. I've seen a couple shazers kill the 52's too.. Main thing is exit speed off a bat your still gonna get thoses shazers..

T Ripp

<font color="gray">GDC SILVER STATUS MEMBER</font>
A shazor is still gonna hit a 52 decent but I don't think the performance is gonna be as noticeable as it is with the harder balls which gives you the trampoline effect off the bat...

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
I find that when I shave my face before a tournament my left to right movement in my swing is smoother and more aerodynamic. Umps may frown upon this but hey.. I'm trying to win right?

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Until everybody switches to 52s you almost need two different bats per association if you play all over and want a great performer with the 52s. The stuff that hits the 52s the best doesn't seem to be holding up well against 44s and especially 40s.

T Ripp

<font color="gray">GDC SILVER STATUS MEMBER</font>
Until everybody switches to 52s you almost need two different bats per association if you play all over and want a great performer with the 52s. The stuff that hits the 52s the best doesn't seem to be holding up well against 44s and especially 40s.

Not sure my DC41 and my Utrip AM hit all balls well and kill the 52's also.. Prob is the newer bats are coming out the wrapper pretty much almost ready to go that you aren't gonna be able to BP them to much before busting.. So if you BP a lot then Easton or old Stamp bat is a good way to go or just get 52's for BP balls

Woody54

Coach
I'm trying to find a Easton xl2 S1 or S2 just for a multi stamp bat and actually they all 3 hit both balls very well however the durability on them with the 44's not so much spiral easy but get nice and price point on them used is dirt cheap although there going up now because everyone realizes that they swing like the sy98 98h

Woody54

Coach
Now if my teammate would sell me his 26 xl2 I wouldn't be looking since I need a asa bat and want that xl2 lol if not may use teammates the one last years model till I find 1..

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Not sure my DC41 and my Utrip AM hit all balls well and kill the 52's also.. Prob is the newer bats are coming out the wrapper pretty much almost ready to go that you aren't gonna be able to BP them to much before busting.. So if you BP a lot then Easton or old Stamp bat is a good way to go or just get 52's for BP balls

Yeah they hit them well, but they probably aren't going to last long with those balls.

joker47

Addicted to Softballfans

my Z's seem to hit both balls the same, but then again when you have bat speed this slow you wouldn't be able to tell anyway. Lol!! It was fun though last night hitting classic M's in 50 degree weather! The bad thing is that I get a false sense of having a little power.. :eek:

Woody54

Coach
You guys are gonna laugh at this but the VTS dual stamp combat survivor I believe from last year silver and blue? Anyway it hits the 44 375 and 52 300 very well once broke in seen some bombs hit with that bat by a team that used it in league last year may give it a shot ESP since seen they were on close out for $99 niw lol but also the guy using it mainly played legion ball for Oakville and played D1 baseball at SEMO but was still impressed by the bat performance

t0mmyb0y

Addicted to Softballfans
Roger gave me 13 non-association 44-375 sy's for my work league team. I was just excited he didn't try to give me a box of those champros. The game balls become my bp balls after.

I'm trying to find a Easton xl2 S1 or S2 just for a multi stamp bat and actually they all 3 hit both balls very well however the durability on them with the 44's not so much spiral easy but get nice and price point on them used is dirt cheap although there going up now because everyone realizes that they swing like the sy98 98h

Woody and I hit some bp last night, he got a couple in the drink with my B1. She's starting to open up some.

Roger gave me 13 non-association 44-375 sy's for my work league team. I was just excited he didn't try to give me a box of those champros. The game balls become my bp balls after.

Yeah, my bp bag is mostly old league balls. I guess the SY is a half step up. at least. Going to suck in 100 degree heat. :p