Sunglasses?

g_lightning

Addicted to Softballfans
It's that time again to get a new pair of sunglasses for ball. My question to you all is this. What sunglasses do you wear? I usually use native sunglasses but I'm considering switching up. I'd like some glasses that don't bounce when I run.
Thanks again for your help.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have Oakley Flak Jackets and I will say get real Oakleys. They're well worth it. I wear mine under a helmet most days and they still don't move at all. I have persimmon lenses and I pick up the ball better with them than my naked eye under any circumstances as well.

kgarrison3

Manager
I use to wear Oakley M frames only, My wife got me a pair of the new Oakley XL Radars for my birthday and I like them even better than the M frames. For playing ball in Oakley can't be beat.

jpjedi27

Too Old to Play
I agree with oakley as I have half jackets. I would get the prism lenses. They have different types of prisms , I would go with the trails or baseball.

Luda1468

Addicted to Softballfans
I use the Oakley flak jackets xlj and I like them. Wear them under my mask sometimes when I pitch and they don't move or bother me at all.

Ron T

W.O.M.D.
Oakley Radar paths,polarized vented Iridium lens
Best sports sunglasses bar none
Will not move even while running

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
6784512833.jpg

Tifosi Fototec Sunglasses...............Get lighter and darker depending on the light conditions...............

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
I've got some in the Other Equipment section. They're safety glasses that are GREAT for softball. Very lightweight and no frame to obstruct your view .

I've had a few SBF members buy some and have bought more

sjury

The Old Man
I get Coleman Polarized sunglasses at Menards for $9.99 on special. They work great and when I leave them hanging on a fence, I don't feel so bad losing them. I leave one or two pair a year hanging somewhere on a fence, I can't afford to do that with $100 shades.

Although this year they made it through the the whole year without being lost.

g_lightning

Addicted to Softballfans
I tried the radar locks but they were a bit large on my face. Went with under armour core sunglasses. Nice, lightweight , and stay in place.
Thanks everyone for the help.

TRaj2327

To expand on my post from before....

I have a pair of Radars and was playing second base a couple years back when the RF threw behind the runner that rounded first. Our first-baseman threw the ball to me waiting at second and it deflected off the runner's shoulder and straight into my eye. Yes, small gash in the eyebrow, but it completely saved my face otherwise. No black eye, nothing. Not to mention that the glasses were 100% intact.

Doug

Old and Grumpy
I like Oakley flak jacket or half jacket, with the persimmon lenses during foggy murky conditions, VR 28 in partly cloudy conditions not looking directly into the sun, and VR28 black iridium if it's really bright. I play outfield, and I did not like the Oakley prism baseball lenses. The Oakley Prizm Road lens is quite excellent for driving though.

jakd77

Addicted to Softballfans
I use mframes with g45 lens. I believe they are a golf lens and they are great no matter the conditions. Blocks the sun great and lightens things up when it's not that bright.

ELSoftballClub

Addicted to Softballfans
Oakleys are always a fine choice, and cheap ones are great if you tend to leave them in your bat bag or on a fence. But if you want the best and are willing to spend the money, take a look at the baseball models that Kaenon offer. I have 2 pairs and will never wear anything else, including oakleys or costas.