Sunny Day Tee Work

deKilla

Coach
Your all upper body rotation and I see no power coming from your lower body. You have to generate power in that swing like your trying to KO an elephant. Vicious swing! lol Your tee looks a bit high?

Last edited:

train

Addicted to Softballfans
Drive through the ball staying inside. looks like you are setting you're left field hits for something that should be driven middle. If you want to go that way with that ball you need to turn on it with you're hips while staying inside and through the ball. Looks like you have a long loopy swing(which will cause all kinds of problems) trying to get it over there. It also looks like you maybe starting you're swing before you're plant foot is down in some of those causing loss of power.

slink35

Addicted to Softballfans
Your all upper body rotation and I see no power coming from your lower body. You have to generate power in that swing like your trying to KO an elephant. Vicious swing! lol Your tee looks a bit high?

Exactly what I saw as well. No leg drive and the tee is too high.

silverbullet01

I'm a ginger!!!
At 1:27 was a laser cuz.....haha.

Some guys have already touched on it. You're setting up like you're going to hit the ball towards the building and you're pulling the ball to the left side of it. You are jamming up your hips and you cannot get any power that way. My suggestion would be this.

First, start w/ a slightly open stance. Have your weight distributed evenly on both feet. Secondly, your stance should be no wider than shoulder width. Stand tall when you're at the plate w/ a slight knee bend. Stride aggressively at the ball. When you start w/ a slightly open stance, you can put the ball anywhere on the field. I hit the ball where its pitched and have done it pretty well over the years. Also, put the tee around chest high. Good luck.