Superskin skeptic

MaverickAH

Wilson has been using Superskin since 1997. I fail to understand why the validity of the material is still in question. It has proven its worth on all levels of the game. If you don't like it for whatever reason, that's fine. We're all entitled to like what we like. I do find it slightly amusing that opinions are so strong on a material that's not used on the business end of a glove & seems to have no negative effects.

CatchersSB#31

Addicted to Softballfans
Wilson has been using Superskin since 1997. I fail to understand why the validity of the material is still in question. It has proven its worth on all levels of the game. If you don't like it for whatever reason, that's fine. We're all entitled to like what we like. I do find it slightly amusing that opinions are so strong on a material that's not used on the business end of a glove & seems to have no negative effects.

Those people are ignorant and scared of what they don't know, and so they choose to hate on it...happens a lot in life unfortunately.

Reactions: NYC

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
I just don't like the look. Seems fine enough from the guys I've seen using it, and as Mav said, 22 years of Wilson using it and still going....just not my kind of look. I am tempted to get one for use in less than desireable conditions. Plus with all the pitching gear required in today's game, I sweat alot, and even the back of the glove gets wet from touching any part of my body.

milesej05

The Rookie
I ended up starting the process of breaking in my 13.5 A2000 superskin last night and I must say that I am impressed. I have never owned a quality glove before (Mizuno $60 dollar glove and the Dudley's that SBF had on clearance 2 years ago). I used some hot water and a "mallet" that I made as well as a weighted ball to form the pocket. After about 2 hours off and on during commercials of shows I was catching up on, I would say it is about 60% broke in.

mvfjet

Part Time Player
I ended up starting the process of breaking in my 13.5 A2000 superskin last night and I must say that I am impressed. I have never owned a quality glove before (Mizuno $60 dollar glove and the Dudley's that SBF had on clearance 2 years ago). I used some hot water and a "mallet" that I made as well as a weighted ball to form the pocket. After about 2 hours off and on during commercials of shows I was catching up on, I would say it is about 60% broke in.

Did you get the stock sp135 A2000 SS that SBF carries?

I just got my first real glove also from SBF after years of just buying $80-$100 gloves that just become loose and whooped after a year (I do play 80+ games a year). I gotta say I am thoroughly impressed with my new SS A2000 SP13. I've done about 8+ hours of ball mallet work and took some grounders yesterday with it and forming that pocket really made a difference on making the ball stick. The SS doesn't bother me but I'll probably order a SP125 from Chad once they get them back in stock.

Attachments

• IMG_20191018_173914-1382x1843.jpg
    IMG_20191018_173914-1382x1843.jpg
    514.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20191018_173918-1382x1843.jpg
    IMG_20191018_173918-1382x1843.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 31