Swing analysis assistance

Knollie

Hi all, brand new here but thought I'd throw it out there and see if anybody wanted to look at my swing and pick it apart LOL. The link is of a swing from earlier today, probably among the better end of average for me. The big things I'm looking at are timing between hands and hips, as well as arms, I seem to have a habit of bending my arms pulling my hands closer to my chest causing me to hit the ball on the last 4" of barrel.

Also I'm in Michigan so no making fun of my hillbilly tee setup(or my dirty barn), it's still pretty cold outside

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Knollie

If you're hitting out towards the end regularly, you might try a bat with a 12" barrel
Thanks for the input, that's actually what I swing.
I just picked up a new bat a couple weeks ago and started hitting off the tee to break it in. That's how I noticed everything was towards the end, lots of ball marks in basically the last 4" and the rest of the bat was staying clean. Even when I stepped closer.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Too much head movement and you seem to lean back before you start your swing. You might center your weight a little more before you swing. I'd almost guarantee all that movement and big stride gives you timing and lunging issues.

The swing itself looks a little halfhearted/lazy.

dunno

your follow through might develop more power if you finished your swing in a level batted circle and let go your right hand.
1 style point, ymmv lol

yohann_chadenat

Hi all, brand new here but thought I'd throw it out there and see if anybody wanted to look at my swing and pick it apart LOL. The link is of a swing from earlier today, probably among the better end of average for me. The big things I'm looking at are timing between hands and hips, as well as arms, I seem to have a habit of bending my arms pulling my hands closer to my chest causing me to hit the ball on the last 4" of barrel.

Also I'm in Michigan so no making fun of my hillbilly tee setup(or my dirty barn), it's still pretty cold outside

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Looking at the video at the normal speed, it looks like you start your swing once your front foot has been planted to the ground. With a slight delay it would make the swing more explosive.
I honestly have the same issue.
There are a couple of videos on the swing makeover channel which describe this.

Or if you have 50 bucks to spend, if you send a video of your swing you will get a full analysis.

Knollie

Looking at the video at the normal speed, it looks like you start your swing once your front foot has been planted to the ground. With a slight delay it would make the swing more explosive.
I honestly have the same issue.
There are a couple of videos on the swing makeover channel which describe this.

Or if you have 50 bucks to spend, if you send a video of your swing you will get a full analysis.
Thanks for the info, I was kind of thinking the same thing

yohann_chadenat

Thanks for the info, I was kind of thinking the same thing
You may also consider to try without the leg kick. It can help with the timing.
And i do not really recommend to finish the swing with 2 hands.
Both can be indeed factors for more power, but if you struggle with your swing, going back to a more simple & straight forward move is not a bad thing. And then you can start to evolve with more advanced stuff.