Swing critique

mattya420

Manager

This is my second round of BP since October so be gentle.
NOTE * I don't choose the music playing in the background.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dupe19

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like your lower half wants to help but like halfway through your rotation it stops and your swing becomes all arms. I'd work on a full hip rotation and focus on your right hip making it all the way around. Your back leg might come forward a little as you rotate but that's fine, you want that rotation to create some more power.

figuringitout

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like your lower half wants to help but like halfway through your rotation it stops and your swing becomes all arms. I'd work on a full hip rotation and focus on your right hip making it all the way around. Your back leg might come forward a little as you rotate but that's fine, you want that rotation to create some more power.

agreed. Also, flatten out that swing some. You have an uppercut going on. I fixed mine by dry swinging in my office (short ceiling heights) Follow through is tough in cages, I often have to end mine early or else I get the bat wrapped up in the netting.

Also +1 for the Wu Tang shirt :thumb:

Wunbagga

Addicted to Softballfans
Im just in shock that someone in Canada is rocking a Wu Tang Clan shirt!!!
R.I,P. to ODB

mattya420

Manager

Thanks for the advice. Was a little tight last night. I struggle with using all of my lower half and let my arms take over too much. I worked on it a lot last year...have to get the tee out and really drive my hips through.

mattya420

Manager
Played against a team when I lived in Alberta called the ShaoLine Drive Warriors. They wore Wu shirts for jerseys and each batter had his own Wu tang walk up song.
The team was ****....but creative.