Swing feedback

dunkky

Something tells me, you are not hitting the same pitch in games. Plus i think you can use the hip a little more with better weight shift movement. That will get u more distance. Watch ken's video from youtube. That will help. Good luck, all it takes is 1st one.

Yunker

It looks to me like your swing is mostly upper body. I found for me starting with my hands back further and keeping them there as long as possible added a ton of bat speed. Let your hips start the swing after your front foot plants and don’t start your hands to the ball until after your hips start to rotate keeping your hands and elbows close to your body

Beauner

Starting Player
Yeah you're getting virtually zero drive from your lower half, and that's going to generate a huge chunk of your power.
As your front leg lands in the stride, your back hip should begin firing through the zone, leading your hands into the swing. You want your back hip to basically end up pointing at the pitcher (or rotated even more if you can). The other noticeable thing is that your hands are just kinda flicking out. You're keeping them so close to your head and wagging the bat back and forth when the ball is apparently on it's way still, which is causing you to have an inconsistent launch position and creating an inconsistent swing path and saps your power. Get your hands set earlier so you're able to read the pitch height/location/velocity without having to worry about where your hands are. This will help you create a more consistent swing path and be less "reactive" and more attacking to the ball.

Think of it like trying to throw a knockout punch. You aren't going to just throw a little jab. You are going to rear back with your hand and load up on your back leg and drive through it. Get your hands set before the pitch is released in your launch position (aka get loaded) with a good chunk of your weight on your back leg (70-80%). When you stride, you'll automatically generate a more explosive fire into your front leg because of the weight transfer. When your front leg lands, use it as a brace to rotate around. Explode your back side into the ball. Fire the legs and the hands follow.
You'll get much more consistent power and much more consistent contact.

Aziatik

Awesome! Thank you all... This is gold

Yeah you're getting virtually zero drive from your lower half, and that's going to generate a huge chunk of your power.
As your front leg lands in the stride, your back hip should begin firing through the zone, leading your hands into the swing. You want your back hip to basically end up pointing at the pitcher (or rotated even more if you can). The other noticeable thing is that your hands are just kinda flicking out. You're keeping them so close to your head and wagging the bat back and forth when the ball is apparently on it's way still, which is causing you to have an inconsistent launch position and creating an inconsistent swing path and saps your power. Get your hands set earlier so you're able to read the pitch height/location/velocity without having to worry about where your hands are. This will help you create a more consistent swing path and be less "reactive" and more attacking to the ball.

Think of it like trying to throw a knockout punch. You aren't going to just throw a little jab. You are going to rear back with your hand and load up on your back leg and drive through it. Get your hands set before the pitch is released in your launch position (aka get loaded) with a good chunk of your weight on your back leg (70-80%). When you stride, you'll automatically generate a more explosive fire into your front leg because of the weight transfer. When your front leg lands, use it as a brace to rotate around. Explode your back side into the ball. Fire the legs and the hands follow.
You'll get much more consistent power and much more consistent contact.

amace04

Hard to tell from the angle (a side view is best), but it looks like your wrists are not snapping either. Everything seems to be chest, arms and shoulders.

You also look to be losing alot of power from how you start your swing. Hands are not back, they're more in the middle of your stance, so you don't reach maximum swing speed by the time you hit the ball.

Probably most importantly, you need to drive more off your back foot. If you're going for power, by the time your hips come around, you back foot should have little, if any weight on it.

Watch a few videos of Jeff Hall swinging, I find he has the most pronounced drive. His back foot actually pops up in the air.
Still of Griffy below, who has a similar sort of weight transfer. Watch some swing videos on Youtube from ken Van bogaert. There are a ton of things where he shows people how to work on getting the hips involved better, and timing your wrist snap.
d3zz2cnm2rnv0hafdn5t.jpg