Tech question: Lighter bats vs heavier bats

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I don't know if I understand all the maths. So, would the '15 Juggy mistake be a positive or negative result? Which wins out, the decrease in weight or the increased endload due to lack of handle weight?
my guess would be extra endload. more speed at contact = distance :)

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
^^^exactly. I would be curious to know if anyone actually had the real math.

Problem is, they didn't ADD endload to the '15, they forgot the counterweight in the knob. While the result is still a slightly different feel and swing weight, removing weight from the handle is not the same as adding weight to the endcap.

Last edited:

sleepin4matty

Management Material
^^^exactly. I would be curious to know if anyone actually had the real math.

Problem is, they didn't ADD endload to the '15, they forgot the counterweight in the knob. While the result is still a slightly different feel and swing weight, removing weight from the handle is not the same as adding weight to the endcap.
I think it would depend on how the swing speed differed between swinging the two bats

The science and math make sense (I think). But I do wonder if they've accounted for the lower swing speed that goes along with the heavier weight?

There was another physics article out there that basically said weight is fairly negligible until you hit, around, 24 oz. At that point, mass is an issue and bat speed has to increase greatly. The inverse was true around 32 oz. I think.

(I honestly don't know what the MonsTard is thinking making only super light bats. I don't get it. I could see making 1 or 2 light bats for a niche market, but all of them?)

They just won't pass.......