Tee thread?

BruceinGa

always online
I'm looking for opinions on starting
a tee thread. What I would like to see discussed is results after experimenting with your grip, tee heigth, tee position and any other change that would affect the distance the ball would travel.
I would like to discuss bats, either balanced vs endloaded light vs heavy vs different manufacturers vs different models of same manufacturer.
I have six or eight senior bats with various number of swings, all endloaded, with various amounts of loads.
Do you think there would be any interest?

BruceinGa

always online
Even though the responses have been underwhelming I'll post a few things.
About myself, I just turned 74 last month. I play for a 75 major plus team, Venom. I've played major and major plus since I was 52.
I'm 5'11" and weigh 209. I don't have any physical restrictions ( except I'm slow and don't have much of an arm).
I play first base and pitch in leagues that utilize a screen.
The park where I hit is artificial turff and I hit between two diamonds. The distance between the plate and other foul fence is 296'.
The balls are AD Star Sinners and a mixture of 44/375 and 52/300's.
I'll post later about some results.

dunno

I like to tee when breaking in new bats or for distance and fun.
Set chest high, feet back outside box pinky over knob.
65 in a basket round em up and hit back from the outfield. Balls are assorted and worn.
Figure if they fly 260 thats about 300 with a game ball or evil bp rockets.
A few Dudleys, Mikens, an Enough Said and a Reebok almost game ready.

BruceinGa

always online
Now for the bats. I've narrowed it down to 3. All are AD Star Nightmares., a 26oz, 27oz and 28oz. I've had the 27 for years while the 26 and 28 have less than 500 swings. I'll add actual weights as well as swing weights.
Weather here has changed to cool, mid 40s-60s in the morning. These bats are tanks, I won't have to worry about breaking any.

BruceinGa

always online
I like to tee when breaking in new bats or for distance and fun.
Set chest high, feet back outside box pinky over knob.
65 in a basket round em up and hit back from the outfield. Balls are assorted and worn.
Figure if they fly 260 thats about 300 with a game ball or evil bp rockets.
A few Dudleys, Mikens, an Enough Said and a Reebok almost game ready.
I'm there for pretty much the same reasons.
The top of the tee is 48" and out front inside direct line to imaginary pitcher. I usually hang 2 fingers off and now have changed from a modified overlap to full overlap.
What I've found interesting is that on average distance with 52/300's, 44/375's and spinners were the same. (52/300 must be spun)

Last edited:

dunno

Now for the bats. I've narrowed it down to 3. All are AD Star Nightmares., a 26oz, 27oz and 28oz. I've had the 27 for years while the 26 and 28 have less than 500 swings. I'll add actual weights as well as swing weights.
Weather here has changed to cool, mid 40s-60s in the morning. These bats are tanks, I won't have to worry about breaking any.
Would like to know if these senior bats are Dudley lightning og or 2.0?
And your go to of the 3 or does it depend on the situation..
Opinion of 12" barrel vs 13" vs balanced?

Last edited:

BruceinGa

always online
Would like to know if these senior bats are Dudley lightning og or 2.0?
And your go to of the 3 or does it depend on the situation..
Opinion of 12" barrel vs 13" vs balanced?
How did you get Dudley Lightning out of AD Star?
Number 1 choice is the bat that hits it farthest. Of the three Nightmares it's the 28oz. This is for tee work. Number one for a game is a 28.5oz Suncoast Reload.
As for opinion on different Lightnings, (I've used all three) 12" first, then 13" endload then balanced. All 29oz! Each has 5-10' more distance over the others.

dunno

thought you were referencing the spinner balls from AD Star. Your Dudley bats are listed on every post lol.
Asked because recently acquired used OG Dudley lightning 13" balanced, 2.0 13" EL, 2.0 12" El. all 26's and beginning to open up.

BruceinGa

always online
Moving right along.
Today I hit with my Helmer44 27.5oz and 28.5.
I have found more distance ( just a little) with a full overlap vs a modified overlap.
The best change I've found is slowing my upper arms and really concentrating on more wrist **** and then snap.
It's 296 to the fence. I normally feel that a ball that one hops the fence is struck well. With these changes the balls either hit the 8' fence or clear the fence. I would say some travel as far as 316. The type of ball make little difference, if any. I fell the 28.5 has a small advantage over the 27.5.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
You are hitting the #1 Worst senior bat made in the past 10 years. But I know you dont need any extra distance in your BP sessions. If you were using a real bat you would be chasing too many balls so I guess that bat has found it usefulness.

BruceinGa

always online
Lol Bobby!
I look at it this way if I can increase my distance with these bats just imagine how far I could hit my Suncoast Reloads! I'm guessing additional 30 feet.
That may be my next experiment, seeing how much further are my Suncoasts.
That will have to wait. I'm leaving in the morning to play in Sanford Wed, Thurs and Fri; Sat and Sun in Lakeland and then the following Tue, Wed and Thurs in Ft Myers.
The prediction is freezing temperatures here in Georgia.

Also remember, each swing in bp is one less off the life of the bat. I swing better bats in games. 😁

blakcherry329

I never do any tee work, never did. It was always baseball in the cages since I have always played both fast pitch and slow pitch.
I'm just here for the exchange of info.
I can post cage sessions or do I need to start another thread? :cool::D;)

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Bruce Im in Naples most of the next few months. When is that Ft Myers event. While I dont usually go and watch games I might come up to meet the legend after 20 years.
I think 30 feet is accurate and perhaps a bit short. I await the actual result:cool:

BruceinGa

always online
Bruce Im in Naples most of the next few months. When is that Ft Myers event. While I dont usually go and watch games I might come up to meet the legend after 20 years.
I think 30 feet is accurate and perhaps a bit short. I await the actual result:cool:
Bobby, this is what my coach sent to us:
The Winter Ntls schedule is on the website, we play at North Collier Regional Park, 15000 Livingston Rd. Naples,34109.
Tuesday, November 7th we have 3 seeding games against 70 AAA teams, starting at 10am, 11:30 and 2pm.
Wednesday we play Hollis/Ted Todd in a 2/3 playoff at 11am, 12:30 and if necessary 3:30pm. The tournament is over for us on Wednesday.
Hope to see you there!

BruceinGa

always online
Bobby, this is what my coach sent to us:
The Winter Ntls schedule is on the website, we play at North Collier Regional Park, 15000 Livingston Rd. Naples,34109.
Tuesday, November 7th we have 3 seeding games against 70 AAA teams, starting at 10am, 11:30 and 2pm.
Wednesday we play Hollis/Ted Todd in a 2/3 playoff at 11am, 12:30 and if necessary 3:30pm. The tournament is over for us on Wednesday.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Well that is close to home. I know that Ted Todd guy and those fields is where I played league. Im headed there now for testing on a new Evil senior ball. Looks like Ill be able to see your games.

BruceinGa

always online
BB, nice to see you and put a face with a name! It's hard to believe it has been 18 years since we posted here!
We ended up beating Hollis/Ted Todd in our third game. We were happy winning 2 of 3 games!
Hope to see you again soon.