Tennessee Roll Call #6

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
I will be in Smyrna this weekend with the wife. They are playing ISA state this weekend. Our division didn't make so I'll be a base coach. Give me a shout if u have a chance.

There is some guys on here we can hook u up with. I'm sure there're some people in your area. Adam know s everybody down there

Jack, what team?

Mwallace5

The Veteran
they're gonna be there with Line2Line but I won't be with them since they have their full team. After Ram split up I never got picked up by anyone so I've just been playing when those guys are off or when I can find a team to play with

c.mathews23

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like a player has caused quite a stir on the wire Jack, lol. It's been entertaining to say the least

c.mathews23

Addicted to Softballfans
Our youth team was suppose to play this weekend but that tourney isn't going to make. So looks like I may have a free weekend.

jack#8

Back to Easton
Yall playing this weekend Jack ?

Maybe. We talked about putting a pickup team together and going to Morganton NC. They are still trying to play NSA state too. We just want to play somewhere. What about u guys?

Last edited:

c.mathews23

Addicted to Softballfans
Well, looks like I'm done for the year. Went to the ball field last night to get some BP in and was fielding a ball when it took a bad hop and hit me right in the eye. Busted blood vessel and lot of swelling/bruising under my eye. Doctor at the hospital said it would take 4-6 weeks to heal and I was very lucky that nothing was broken. They thought at first I had a broken eye socket and would possibly need surgery but as long as it heals like its suppose too, then no surgery will be needed. Keep me in your prayers guys

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Well, looks like I'm done for the year. Went to the ball field last night to get some BP in and was fielding a ball when it took a bad hop and hit me right in the eye. Busted blood vessel and lot of swelling/bruising under my eye. Doctor at the hospital said it would take 4-6 weeks to heal and I was very lucky that nothing was broken. They thought at first I had a broken eye socket and would possibly need surgery but as long as it heals like its suppose too, then no surgery will be needed. Keep me in your prayers guys

Take it easy C. Thought and prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

nextlevel

Be careful man I took one in the face 16 years ago went to have a cat scan and ended up married to the tech......

nextlevel

Speaking of done......

This was my last year after 25 years I am finished. I have some issues with a nerve bundle in my arm/shoulder and couldn't finish out the season I couldn't swing a bat because of the pain.

So good luck to everyone and Jack keep the kids straight.

jack#8

Back to Easton
Speaking of done......

This was my last year after 25 years I am finished. I have some issues with a nerve bundle in my arm/shoulder and couldn't finish out the season I couldn't swing a bat because of the pain.

So good luck to everyone and Jack keep the kids straight.

Man I hate to hear it buddy!! Hope everything works out with the arm/shoulder.

Thanks and I'll try. As far as the kids, I just don't try as much anymore :D

jack#8

Back to Easton

Man to be unlucky sounds like you got lucky. Glad nothing was broken. We will keep you in our prayers

c.mathews23

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks guys. Doing a little better today. Swelling is going down but the bruising has gotten worse. Still a ways to go before being healed.

c.mathews23

Addicted to Softballfans
Went back yesterday for my follow up and nothing is broken and the swelling is almost gone. Bruising and blood in my eye will be there for another 6-8 weeks and I've even been cleared to play ball as long as I wear a mask. So looks like I'll be playing ball this weekend.

jack#8

Back to Easton
Went back yesterday for my follow up and nothing is broken and the swelling is almost gone. Bruising and blood in my eye will be there for another 6-8 weeks and I've even been cleared to play ball as long as I wear a mask. So looks like I'll be playing ball this weekend.

Man that's great news!!!!

c.mathews23

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks Jack! Yea my wife isn't too happy with my choosing of playing this weekend, but hopefully, I'll have all my guys there and I can play one or two and take it easy.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans

good news

stickem

Thanks Jack! Yea my wife isn't too happy with my choosing of playing this weekend, but hopefully, I'll have all my guys there and I can play one or two and take it easy.

At that kool breeze a few weeks ago, a buddy of mine from ignite was catching and collided with the pitcher on a pop up no one called. Got a concussion, broke nose, and top 4 front teeth broke. Nasty, blood everywhere. 8 grand in dental and 2 weeks later played in the nsa state lol.