Tennessee Roll Call #6

c.mathews23

Addicted to Softballfans
At that kool breeze a few weeks ago, a buddy of mine from ignite was catching and collided with the pitcher on a pop up no one called. Got a concussion, broke nose, and top 4 front teeth broke. Nasty, blood everywhere. 8 grand in dental and 2 weeks later played in the nsa state lol.

I think I heard about that. That sucks. You playing in church state this weekend?

Mwallace5

The Veteran
Yeah it is! Anybody playing in Chatt this weekend?? I saw you guys were in the wood bat world Jack. That seems like it would be an awesome tournament

jack#8

Back to Easton
Yeah it is! Anybody playing in Chatt this weekend?? I saw you guys were in the wood bat world Jack. That seems like it would be an awesome tournament

The wood bat is a great/fun tourney!!! One of the best times to play defense. Pitcher is not scared to death and can defend himself

c.mathews23

Addicted to Softballfans
nope. i'm sure half aren't really "church" teams. usually the good ones call themselves "outreach" lol.

After this weekend, I wander if even half of the teams are actually "church" teams. First team we played, half of them had Tim Leeper Roofing hats on and the second team we played were up 17 on us and blasting the middle. Sad that we can't even have a legitimate church tourney anymore. I'm pretty sure I could get a bunch of C class players, spend $15 each on shirts and put a church name on it just as easy as they could. We played like crap all day so regardless, it probably wouldn't or didn't matter but I doubt any of my guys even want to attempt to play in Church Worlds in a couple weeks cause it'll be pretty much the same thing.

stickem

After this weekend, I wander if even half of the teams are actually "church" teams. First team we played, half of them had Tim Leeper Roofing hats on and the second team we played were up 17 on us and blasting the middle. Sad that we can't even have a legitimate church tourney anymore. I'm pretty sure I could get a bunch of C class players, spend $15 each on shirts and put a church name on it just as easy as they could. We played like crap all day so regardless, it probably wouldn't or didn't matter but I doubt any of my guys even want to attempt to play in Church Worlds in a couple weeks cause it'll be pretty much the same thing.

Yeah that figures. I believe woc cut new vision 16-2 in the ship.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah that figures. I believe woc cut new vision 16-2 in the ship.

The ol' pastor signed off on the roster thing huh?

Those are rarely regulated. Makes it not fun for true church teams and is one reason why softball is dying. Figures that TLR would gang up and go to play in a church tournament. Going 0-2 every weekend can't be that fun for them

Debo03

Addicted to Softballfans

Yea we will be in Chatt this weekend. Also, Jack are yall going to PCB for worlds this year?? If so, are they allowing yall to go without playing state? Just curious..

c.mathews23

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm having a 4gg men's and coed tourney in Clarksville on Sept 12 so mark your calender's and come on up. $175 entry fee. Was just put on the wire this morning

jack#8

Back to Easton
Yea we will be in Chatt this weekend. Also, Jack are yall going to PCB for worlds this year?? If so, are they allowing yall to go without playing state? Just curious..

We have talked to Jason Kendrick and will be at WSL worlds. The wood bat worlds has been the same weekend every year and WSL changes there state to the same weekend.

Debo03

Addicted to Softballfans
We have talked to Jason Kendrick and will be at WSL worlds. The wood bat worlds has been the same weekend every year and WSL changes there state to the same weekend.

Ok good deal. I'm glad they are allowing an exception for you guys because the rule is really only in place to make it harder for unknown pickup teams to play down at worlds, in this case it does not matter because you guys are as legitimate as it gets. The game is better because of teams like Solway!

jack#8

Back to Easton
Ok good deal. I'm glad they are allowing an exception for you guys because the rule is really only in place to make it harder for unknown pickup teams to play down at worlds, in this case it does not matter because you guys are as legitimate as it gets. The game is better because of teams like Solway!

Jason understood our side. We have been in the wood bat for a couple months. In our area, 2 tourneys make all year in C WSL. Plus a all you can hit tourney. You can't hold it against us for not thinking C wouldn't make. WSL hasn't Done the D+/C and you do it a state time? Doesn't make sence to me but what do I know??? If your going to do it at the states , do it all year.

Thanks for the compliments. Solway has there faults just like any other team but we always want to play and play good competition. Just like you guys. Good luck this weekend

Last edited:

loaded weapon

Laying Wood
Good team. Played them in the Jim Beam at Cane Ridge earlier this year. Don't think I've ever seen their lead off guy get out lol.

Who was leading off...Northcutt? He is a good friend of mine and a damn good ball player. We played together last year on signmasters and started out together this year on a team we put together but didnt stick due to people not being able to commit.