Testing a new ver. of Pop Toss and BP.

dunkky

Weather was beautiful, so went out bp and testing this new ver. of pop toss. Those of you who has seen my customized poptoss, you wouldn't need to customize with this new ver. It allows you to change any desired angle you want with this latest ver.

To me, this has been a game changer, My swing looks much smoother and I have been performing much better in pickup games. In this video, i messed up with the camera angle... but whatever.. Bat felt a little too heavy for me...

If interested, you can get $9 off using the promo code: 0923

bigcam406

Addicted to Softballfans
Nice job. What made you get the new version, as you did a good job modifying the old one. What was the distance from you to the machine? I'm kicking myself for not getting one this year as we didn't have a season and the weather was perfect all summer.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
that would drive me nuts having to walk out after every pitch. wheeler dealer is a better option imo.

The pop toss really doesn't bother me. After a while you get used to it. I find that walking out there to put another ball on gives me a little time to think and reset if I need to change something about the prior swing.

The pop toss isn't the best BP I've ever seen, but I still much prefer it to tee work.

dunkky

Nice job. What made you get the new version, as you did a good job modifying the old one. What was the distance from you to the machine? I'm kicking myself for not getting one this year as we didn't have a season and the weather was perfect all summer.

Pat sent me a new one to test it out as the old one had some timer issue after well over 2500 hits. I asked for a new timer knob, but he sent me a new ver. instead to test it out. I am one of his favorite customers and vendor now. LOL Nobody put more effort and time than I do using this great device. Their support is top-notch. This one allows you to set that sharp angle you need to mimic the real pitch as possible without falling over after launch, therefore don't need my modification. The only difference would be a releasing point. But based on my experience, the significance is very small. Either one will work fine, but mine is much heavier and bulkier. don't know the exact distance, but well over 20ft for sure. Enough to do your loading/unloading/launch. you can get an idea from my swing in the video.

Pull the trigger bro, and stop buying next shiny bats, it won't fix your swing. ONLY live bp and repetition. I regret i didn't get it sooner.
USE the promo code: 0923 to save you $9 bucks. LOL.

dunkky

The pop toss really doesn't bother me. After a while you get used to it. I find that walking out there to put another ball on gives me a little time to think and reset if I need to change something about the prior swing.

The pop toss isn't the best BP I've ever seen, but I still much prefer it to tee work.

That's exactly my thought. but people wouldn't get it unless they experience it. I had the same thought before, seem too much of a hassle walking back and forth and all.. but it's actually an advantage for me. In my opinion, it's the best device for that price range and what it can do. Tee got me no where.. My live swing looked nothing like when i was swinging with a Tee. That had to be fixed, only way to do it doing more live bp and monitor it.

by the way, I wanted to gain more weight by adding more muscle but as of now, i keep losing more weight.. lol.. can't say that's actually a good thing at this point.. Maybe i should stop drinking lemon/olive juice..

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
My Pop Toss is almost 2 years old. I have no idea how many swings. I'd say several thousand. The thing still works great. I take it apart and clean/oil it every few hundred swings. The timer will randomly go funky at times, but I've never had any significant problems with it. I love the low tech nature of the Pop Toss, and that I can do BP by myself and without electricity.

I feel like I've more than gotten my money's worth out of it. It doesn't perfectly duplicate a live pitch, but I find I can still go from Pop Toss BP straight into games seamlessly without timing issues.

dunkky

no question about it. this has been a game-changer for me. if i would have used this over my tee earlier days, I might have been a rock star in our church league by now. LOL I also have no timing issue, it's the opposite. Two biggest advantage it offers is to work on your timing and ability to hit live balls over a Tee

In my opinion when it comes to good mechanic, "Timing is the most important of all"
if your timing is perfect, you still can have a relatively good cut no matter how messed up your mechanic is. But if your timing is off, forget it, don't matter if your mechanic is solid. you will not have good swing at all. short arming.. lunging.. jamming... etc etc...

bigcam406

Addicted to Softballfans
Pat sent me a new one to test it out as the old one had some timer issue after well over 2500 hits. I asked for a new timer knob, but he sent me a new ver. instead to test it out. I am one of his favorite customers and vendor now. LOL Nobody put more effort and time than I do using this great device. Their support is top-notch. This one allows you to set that sharp angle you need to mimic the real pitch as possible without falling over after launch, therefore don't need my modification. The only difference would be a releasing point. But based on my experience, the significance is very small. Either one will work fine, but mine is much heavier and bulkier. don't know the exact distance, but well over 20ft for sure. Enough to do your loading/unloading/launch. you can get an idea from my swing in the video.

Pull the trigger bro, and stop buying next shiny bats, it won't fix your swing. ONLY live bp and repetition. I regret i didn't get it sooner.
USE the promo code: 0923 to save you $9 bucks. LOL.
You should be doing commercials LOL. I will probably get one over the winter months as im north of the border and wont be able to use it until maybe next spring. Glad you are enjoying it.

dunkky

I use this during the time when everything was shut down and i wasn't playing for a while. Perfect time to improve my swing in offseason.

Don't know about commercial, but i made this to take me whenever I go to little league fields for bp going forward. I had several moms and dads approached me, "wow that is cool! what is that? how does it work" i am planning to demo this whenever i participate upcoming tourneys as well.

upload_2020-11-12_10-57-33.png

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I've had a few people inquire about my Pop Toss as well. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in CO who has one.

I find that I get way more out of solo BP than trying to mess around with other people. I can go at my own pace and do whatever I want.

dunkky

I find that I get way more out of solo BP than trying to mess around with other people. I can go at my own pace and do whatever I want.

you nailed it TW. Now my friend wants to do BP. I say, sorry bro, I got other things to do.. LOL Then that same day, i go out and do my solo bp at night.. lol. nothing against my friend, but i would rather be more efficient in my own pace. gives me time to analyze my own swing, what i am doing or not doing, etc. etc.. take some break, drink gatorade.. then go again.

I can hit 100 and be done in an hour. Good workout + Improve my swing + enjoy it while doing it. can't beat that. Most of all, I am seeing the result in the league or tourney.