that 18 border battle, tho...

chile

Bad Ape
Did you ask about the weighting? Player optimized but comes in .5 oz weights

Nah...I was just surprised to see one considering 97.2% of the bats around here are miken/worth and demarini...the rest are older model Eastons...I've seen maybe 3 new line asa Eastons used.

Hagen49

I love my border battle. The paint cracking issue is still there. I'm gonna swing mine a little longer and then talk to Easton about getting a replacement because I'm sure it will get thrown out of a game at some point.

Hagen49

I love mine. Everyone who has swung my 26.5 has raved about it as well. I haven't hit 52s with it at all (local league hits ASA 44s) but I'd imagine it will be insane on those too.

Hagen49

How does it compare to the ASA Blueline? same bat different color?
Yeah essentially. Both are 12 inch barrels, Easton has the border battle listed as "player optimized weighting" whereas on the Blueline I think they flat list it as a half ounce. Also for whatever reason they have the border battle in half ounce weights, but really they feel exactly the same. Some good deals out there on the BB and the Blueline right now.

Party mafia

Yeah essentially. Both are 12 inch barrels, Easton has the border battle listed as "player optimized weighting" whereas on the Blueline I think they flat list it as a half ounce. Also for whatever reason they have the border battle in half ounce weights, but really they feel exactly the same. Some good deals out there on the BB and the Blueline right now.
Does the bb and asa blue swing the same? I swing my teammate blue line and the 1 oz el is too much. The bb is onsale for $140 right now.

Hagen49

The BB they use the "player optimized loading" concept, which doesnt give an actual end load number, but they feel pretty similar when swinging them for real.

_brudy

Gonnad revive an old thread here, but did we ever sort out the weighting situation? I’m sort of looking at either the blue line or the BB in 26.5.

I kinda recall reading somewhere that player optimized weighting meant that 26oz had .5oz, 27 and 28 I think would be 1 oz. kinda making sure the bat “swings” the same regardless of weight.

UncleMosk

Haven't swung the blue line but have the Border Battle and for the price seen online, it's a steal.

Strictly 52's and is hitting rockets. Just did some indoor BP and teammates were like WTF when hearing the sound the ball makes off this bat. I bought 2 due to that price and a review I posted here as well a while back. Titled:
2018 Easton Helmer Border Battle 28.5 oz

Hagen49

Does that smashy place still have the BB available? I haven't looked lately, but maybe when I send back my cracked one they can get me a direct replacement...

ShortYellowBus

750psi....I’m surprised if these last half a season with ASA leagues hitting 44’s.

It also says the double design is different in which the inner barrel is from conneXion piece to the end cap, which definitely a deviation from the normal non-linear designs.

@Hagen49
These are still available in all weights except 25.5, and they’re a bargain for sure. However, you’ll probably get a Ronin if you send in your bat right now.

Keep swinging it and wait until the new 2019 Helmer ASA stuff comes out.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Gonnad revive an old thread here, but did we ever sort out the weighting situation? I’m sort of looking at either the blue line or the BB in 26.5.

I kinda recall reading somewhere that player optimized weighting meant that 26oz had .5oz, 27 and 28 I think would be 1 oz. kinda making sure the bat “swings” the same regardless of weight.

I think its all advertising to be honest, it felt the same between the Blueline and the BB, get whatever is cheaper or whatever paint you prefer