That didn't take long

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
Got picked up on a coed team and we played a scrimmage game last night. League is USSSA, so I was swinging a Resmondo Titan.

Hit 2 HRs, and after the second HR heard a few guys on the other team said something like "check the bat" or some other such nonsense. My wife and kids were there and my wife heard it---actually pissed her off pretty good. Me, I just shake my head at stuff like that.

Yeah, 6'2, 220 lb guys should be slap hitters I guess? :rolleyes:

Just because you play with girls doesn't mean you gotta act like one.

DOM713

Addicted to Softballfans
That's better than getting picked up on a new team and having your new team yell "check that bat!" After a couple bombs.

Lord7

Banned User
If my wife got upset for everytime someone accused me of swinging a shaved bat, she'd need to get on medication bc it's a nightly thing.

krakrt

Addicted to Softballfans
This is when you pull out an old school aluminum and hit a bomb anyways. But then I'm sure they still will say its loaded with racket balls or some other nonsense.

cyoung187

Coach
I just laugh about it when the other team says it. I use the stadium and if someone really wants to cut open my bat, I just got $300 and can buy 2 new stadiums for the price. Go ahead, check the bat, b****

dgambill85

Banned User
If my wife got upset for everytime someone accused me of swinging a shaved bat, she'd need to get on medication bc it's a nightly thing.

She doesn't get upset because she knows your swinging shaved therefore no need to be mad at the truth.

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
Shoot a missile by their pitchers ear and ask if they would like to check it now

Funny you mention their pitcher. My 2nd AB he threw the first pitch about a foot short. Then he threw two in a row that were so deep the C caught them without a bounce. I guess he didn't like me not swinging at balls so he says "Well where do you want it batter." Me, I don't get into softball pissing contests. Next pitch was a strike that got deposited over the fence. The 1B, a chick, said to him "I guess he liked it right there."

I just kinda smiled at that.

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
This is when you pull out an old school aluminum and hit a bomb anyways. But then I'm sure they still will say its loaded with racket balls or some other nonsense.

Man I got rid of so much softball stuff about 3 years ago. Haven't played since then. Only bats I have are a 2010 Titan that I picked up at a PIAS NIW and a Demarini Cartel. The Cartel is so frigging hot I just use it in the men's league I play in. The Titan I have is OK but not nearly as hot as the Cartel, so I swing it in co-ed.

I used to have one of those blue & red CU31 TPS's--got it way back in like 1992 I think, mighta even been 1991. Thing prolly had over 5000 swings on it and was still round when I sold it a few years back.

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
horrible brag thread

Thats cuz its not a brag thread. Its a thread pointing out that 3 ABs into a pre-season SCRIMMAGE game I'm getting accused of swinging juice--hence the title.

Guess I coulda titled it "The more things change..." since looking at some of the threads now they're really no different that when I joined in 2003. Guys b*tching about juice and other dudes who hit better so they must juice, guys posting pics of their 1000-bat collections, etc.

Joker

no its a brag thread. also you can type *****, as in this is a ***** of a brag thread

jaj23

Eye Baller
I get accused of swinging a shaved bat when I swing my ESTL in Utrip D tourneys...that's a brag post...oh...and I'm 5'9".

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
pay no mind to joker...he lives to get a rise out of board members.

Well I'm glad I can add to his dreary life---sitting at his computer waiting to see when I post again in this thread must get kinda lonesome. Glad to help out--I take care of my bitches!!! :D

On a curious note when I was in the military I lived in Colorado for a couple years. Coincidentally of all the places I lived, Colorado by far had the most, uh, p*ssified ***** men of any place I've ever served. Beautiful state--sissy, girly men.

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
I get accused of swinging a shaved bat when I swing my ESTL in Utrip D tourneys...that's a brag post...oh...and I'm 5'9".

Like I said man it seems like nothing's changed with some people. Back in 04 I swung an OG Demarini 375 when they first came out. Those things were awesome with the ASA 44/375 softballs. It was always funny to hear every now and then that I was swinging "juice."

A shaved 375? Really? :confused:

Joker

Well I'm glad I can add to his dreary life---sitting at his computer waiting to see when I post again in this thread must get kinda lonesome. Glad to help out--I take care of my bitches!!! :D

On a curious note when I was in the military I lived in Colorado for a couple years. Coincidentally of all the places I lived, Colorado by far had the most, uh, p*ssified ***** men of any place I've ever served. Beautiful state--sissy, girly men.

awesome, i'm not from CO though. care you keep running your mouth with things you know nothing about?

Joker

i remember when you thought everyone was reading your PMs. it made you look like the ****ing moron you are

Swilldog

Everyone loves bombs!
i remember when you thought everyone was reading your PMs. it made you look like the ****ing moron you are

Ah the joys of an internet troll... too bad you cant post on any homers eh?

this is money!

Last edited by a moderator: