That was quick

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
a 40/375 would be a serious bat breaker. never heard of it existing either

ASA had them. Back in the day the 40 was the grey dot. They were restricted flight and were horrible. We used them when I was in college for intramurals with singlewalls. Barf.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most places didn't use them. Even places with limited size would normally just use an SB12. I picked some up a few years back for a league that just said any 40 cor thinking that the Classic M was all that was still made. They are hell on bats. If I could find a dozen for around 30 I'd pick them up to help break in bats.

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
Dudley made a 375-40 thunder heat...... a league i play in used these before the 52's came out. They are rocks in the cold and would not advise using them against the newer asa bats

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
Most places didn't use them. Even places with limited size would normally just use an SB12. I picked some up a few years back for a league that just said any 40 cor thinking that the Classic M was all that was still made. They are hell on bats. If I could find a dozen for around 30 I'd pick them up to help break in bats.

I have some still and 30 bucks they are yours:thumb:

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Dudley made a 375-40 thunder heat...... a league i play in used these before the 52's came out. They are rocks in the cold and would not advise using them against the newer asa bats

Dudley also made the thunder sy...
I happen to have several dozen dudley thunder sy 40/375 in excellent shape.. if anyone would like to purchase some lmk..

Joker

yea the one park we had that was small used sb12s

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
Dudley also made the thunder sy...
I happen to have several dozen dudley thunder sy 40/375 in excellent shape.. if anyone would like to purchase some lmk..

Yep they also had the sy 375- 40 cores... I just looked and I also have some worth and baden 375 - 40 core so not that rare really

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Yep they also had the sy 375- 40 cores... I just looked and I also have some worth and baden 375 - 40 core so not that rare really
Imo the worth grey dot (i think was 40/375) performed slightly better, definately held up better than the dudley but all in all the dudley was not all that bad

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Local fields that use the 40/375 is 250', they use the ball cause it's restricted flight..... Crappy SY's turn to rocks in the 70's and below it's real difficult keeping them in the park. The LD is a joke all the way around.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
We used them around here for the same reason (restricted flight) 300' fields, during middle of summer 80's90's°+ they somewhat stayed in the park but hitters had no problems putting them out no matter what temps, yes during fall ball 70° and below even not so good hitters would go home with the big fish stories.. lol

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Yeah, they definitely go with the BP rocks instead of the BP 52 pile.

Anybody looking to get rid of their 40/375's for cheap, pm me. Good for old school bat break in and throwing in when we lose one.

Brackett

Getting to old for this
might help if you stop hitting outside when its blow 50 ;) ive yet to see demarini or anyone make a "good " bat that last in bp during cold weather

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
From the pics it's obvious this bat wasn't abused, likely just a defect. Not like some people in the past you could tell they put it over a pole. Give the guy some space or you likely won't see/know about stuff in the future.

jjjsf

Addicted to Softballfans
looks like someone didn't use the rotation index

shame on you :rolleyes:

Hahaha, am I the only one in this thread that appreciated this? good stuff. and good luck with the replacement OP. Im sure Demar will make sure you are taken care of.