The 2011 Philadelphia Phillies Thread.....

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
red-squirrel.jpg

Lucky34

Putting on the foil
The bats better wake up.

If it wasn't for that unexpected pinch hit HR in game 3, this series would be over.

Bullets#57

Game 5 is going to be a battle. Great baseball if you are a true fan of the game. Obviously I hope my Cardinals win, but if not, the Phillies will have certainly earned it... And I will be cheering for them the rest of the way.

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
motte throws ****ing heat!!!!!!

So did Johnathan Broxton. We'll see how it turns out ;).

In hindsight though, I think Charlie should have maybe thought of going w/ Halladay tonight on short rest and if by some chance they lost, he'd still have Lee on full rest.

Red Forman

Starting Player
The bats better wake up.

If it wasn't for that unexpected pinch hit HR in game 3, this series would be over.

I'm having flashbacks to the 2010 post season. It's pretty bad when they are showing the pitching spot in the lineup more respect than Howard.

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
dammit, I'm not gonna be able to watch the game Friday cause I have a wedding rehearsal to go to....FML :mad::(

Edit: actually game is at 8:30 so I'll be able to catch the latter innings hopefully.

Last edited:

MickLite7

Phiten Phanatic
When Motte tried to throw other than heat he got rocked all the time, this year they finally said just do what you want lol

obiwan

11 Bravo
So did Johnathan Broxton. We'll see how it turns out ;).

In hindsight though, I think Charlie should have maybe thought of going w/ Halladay tonight on short rest and if by some chance they lost, he'd still have Lee on full rest.

Fans in Milwaukee are thinking the same thing after last night's debacle. Start Gallardo on short rest last night and have Greinke for game 5 on full rest if necessary.

halter91

Iam91
I will say if the Phil's lose....Howard will be run out of town. How do you walk the 3 hitter to get to the 4. Time and time again he has bad at bats in clutch situations. 2-15. ****ing pathetic 20 million dollar man.

MickLite7

Phiten Phanatic
I will say if the Phil's lose....Howard will be run out of town. How do you walk the 3 hitter to get to the 4. Time and time again he has bad at bats in clutch situations. 2-15. ****ing pathetic 20 million dollar man.

Maybe we can work out a trade when Pujols signs with the Cubs lol

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen

The thing is, if he needs to stop taking the first ****ing pitch every at bat. Teams are just grooving meatballs down the middle of the plate to get strike one and he still refuses to swing at them. Next pitch is a curve that he will swing over the top of cause he's swinging fastball again. So ****ing predictable. And stop standing to far away from the damn plate if you want to try to pull outside pitches. :mad: He was hitting the ball hard first game and it looked promising. Now it looks like he doesn't know what he wants to do anymore so he's just trying to pull everything instead of staying on the ball and hitting it where it's pitched.