the heat got to me

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i will start this out by saying it was about 93 degrees and muggy out. my second at bat, i strick out swinging for the first time in my 10 year softball hobby. it was humbling. i think the pitcher was cheating tho. he said he had sandpaper in his back pocket. and he was a lefty.

during a game break, i heard a loud motor noise and i look over toward the road leading to the parking lot and i see a dude doing a wheeling on a crotch rocket, then he wobbles and eats ****. i see its a baller cause i saw #5 on his back. i was all dang! bout 1/2 hr later i see it's a local guy. he was all skinned up on his shoulders and armpit area and had some holes in the ass of his pants. he still played ball. got lucky, it could have been a lot worse.

i also lost my favorite folding/camp chair. while loading my car with gear, i think i left it on the outside of my car and drove off. i blame that on the heat too.

oh ya, i met and played against a board bro, guitarmike. he was cool. when i first met him, i flipped my bat around and played it like an air guitar. i think he was impressed.

thank you

Last edited:

TXOutlaws

Coach
busey_clapping.gif

oppo

Coach
93? That would be nice. Condolences on the K. Sandpaper is gtg but pitching left handed was definitely cheating.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
im kind of glad i struck out. it was bittersweet. the pitcher that struck me out is my former roomate. funny thing, he struck out looking the same game.

it was a fun weekend. saturdays heat sucked and we played 4 games it in.

guitarmike was a cool guy. swings the old 585 maniacs. that was the first comp bat i ever bought. we beat his team. im glad cause i wanted to come on here and brag post about it. nah, his team seemed like a good bunch of guys and we had a great time playing them.

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
i did have my yellow vm. i cant even use that as an excuse.

i been wanting to get a motorcycle, but now im scared to.

Damn, did your girl see this happen? :eek:

You should buy that guy's motorcycle. He's probably ready to let it go cheap after that ****.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Damn, did your girl see this happen? :eek:

You should buy that guy's motorcycle. He's probably ready to let it go cheap after that ****.

nah, she came to my 2nd game. dude said he bent the triple tree. i think thats bad but im not certain. i think it was a ninja 650 if i recall him saying...i want a cruiser type bike, not a crotch rocket. i want to join a motorcycle gang and grow a big mustache.

midnight89

Bat Huer
Awesome story. Three great points that come from the various sub-stories:

1. The K -- It sucks but sometimes s*it happens.
2. Motorcycle crash -- Reminds us how fragile life is and there's no guarantee for tomorrow. Guess that guy was pretty happy about only being a little cut up.
3. Air guitar softball bat -- At the end of the day, it's all about having fun. I've NEVER seen a person play air guitar without a smile on their face!

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
i will start this out by saying it was about 93 degrees and muggy out. my second at bat, i strick out swinging for the first time in my 10 year softball hobby. it was humbling. i think the pitcher was cheating tho. he said he had sandpaper in his back pocket. and he was a lefty.

during a game break, i heard a loud motor noise and i look over toward the road leading to the parking lot and i see a dude doing a wheeling on a crotch rocket, then he wobbles and eats ****. i see its a baller cause i saw #5 on his back. i was all dang! bout 1/2 hr later i see it's a local guy. he was all skinned up on his shoulders and armpit area and had some holes in the ass of his pants. he still played ball. got lucky, it could have been a lot worse.

i also lost my favorite folding/camp chair. while loading my car with gear, i think i left it on the outside of my car and drove off. i blame that on the heat too.

oh ya, i met and played against a board bro, guitarmike. he was cool. when i first met him, i flipped my bat around and played it like an air guitar. i think he was impressed.

thank you

This was good till this part (in RED) ......... :rolleyes:

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
This was good till this part (in RED) ......... :rolleyes:

it was tho. after i swung and the ball dropped into the catchers mitt. it was like the world stood still. there was complete silence and i had a moment of clarity. an epiphany. it was at that very moment that i realized that i am a grown man, who plays softball.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Awesome story. Three great points that come from the various sub-stories:

1. The K -- It sucks but sometimes s*it happens.
2. Motorcycle crash -- Reminds us how fragile life is and there's no guarantee for tomorrow. Guess that guy was pretty happy about only being a little cut up.
3. Air guitar softball bat -- At the end of the day, it's all about having fun. I've NEVER seen a person play air guitar without a smile on their face!

it was a pretty exciting time. im really sore today tho. we ended up playing 7 games and took 3rd.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
it was tho. after i swung and the ball dropped into the catchers mitt. it was like the world stood still. there was complete silence and i had a moment of clarity. an epiphany. it was at that very moment that i realized that i am a grown man, who plays softball.

This is the goodz ......

SOFTBALLISKING

Beast from the Northeast
Wait... if you're holding a bat in the act of attempting an "air guitar" maneuver... wouldn't that negate the "air" part?

niteshadow

Addicted to Softballfans
Dude... dont try doing wheelies on a 650r... not meant for it. You want a straight 600rr or 750. Those are where its at.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Wait... if you're holding a bat in the act of attempting an "air guitar" maneuver... wouldn't that negate the "air" part?

whoa, i never thought it it that way. saying i did the bat guitar sounds pretty cool too i suppose.

Dude... dont try doing wheelies on a 650r... not meant for it. You want a straight 600rr or 750. Those are where its at.

i dont even know how to do wheelies. it was pretty scary when it happened. i thought he was seriously hurt, i was gonna run out there. but then bout 20 seconds, he got up and was walking. was wearing his helmet too.

guitarmike

Addicted to Softballfans

thank you

I too saw the motorcycle crash. Good to hear the guy didn't get too messed up.

Lou's team smoked us but were very cool. Also, the bat guitar solo was the best I have seen in many years. Keep jammin Lou.