the hotness

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
it is here. i have a tourney this weekend. supposed to be 102 degrees farenheit or something like that. do you guys do anything special to prepare?

i am going to gold bond my balls and buttock area real good. i am also going to drill holes in my cup to promote a cross breeze. i think it might void the warranty, and possibly effect the integrity/structure of the cup, but oh well.

i am also going to wear some spf creams and oils to help with ultra violent sun rays.

on friday night, i am going to try to drink 3 gallons of gatorade to get my hydration and electrolytes up to par.

you guys got any other suggestions or any gadgets that you would recommend to keep you cool in the hotness? :confused:

tnbowhunter

Addicted to Softballfans
I didn't think it got that hot in your neck of the woods lou.

go to home depot and rent some messicans for the day to spritz ice waters on you.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
tbow, it gets real hot in central WA. once you cross the mountains you get that cooler weather you were used to. we also get way more snow than the other side of the mountains during winter.

i never had coconut water. i might try it. 3 gallons might be expensive tho.

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
I am going to be playing in this same tournament in Lou's homeland. I am going to be playing RF in a 3 man OF as well. :( I am worried I might die but hopefully lou will give me CPR before I leave this world.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i seen those neckerchiefs on tv where you add water to it and it grows and keeps you cool. ive always been curious about those.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
brewz, ur girl gave you the ok? nice. hopefully we see you guys in the championship. the heat is going to suck tho. especially with your black jerseys. i hope your whole team gets heat stroke but all make a 100% recovery

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
days? i suppose vodka doesnt count. i'll give it a try tho.

i feel sorry for the dudes in the south. that humidity is a killer. at least we got nice dry heat up here.

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
i seen those neckerchiefs on tv where you add water to it and it grows and keeps you cool. ive always been curious about those.

http://www.****ssportinggoods.com/p...cs&recid=Product_PageElement_product_rr_1_809

I'm buying this thing for this weekend. Thanks Joker

brewz, ur girl gave you the ok? nice. hopefully we see you guys in the championship. the heat is going to suck tho. especially with your black jerseys. i hope your whole team gets heat stroke but all make a 100% recovery

Yup, I'm G2G! It would be pretty cool if we see you in the championship. Let's make sure it happens. The weather is going to be stupid and the jerseys are going to make it that much worse. I will persevere with my Dwayne Wade cooling towel!!

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Drink sqwincher.

i've seen those packets but wasnt sure if it was any good. you drink it? i'll see if i can find some.

Id say get Monkey Butt over Gold Bond. Helps sweat and swamp ass.

i have heard this but i got a big ole thing of gold bond and dont want it to go to waste.

100 is 100. it's ****ing hot.

you're playing 1/4 mile from the river. go swimming.

true. 1/4 mile is a ways tho

whogotz

dilligaf?
100 with 99.9% humidity is worse than 100 with 10% humidity.

Hydrate hydrate hyrdate. If you aint pissin, you aint drinkin enough

remember to eat. bring a pickle. couldnt hurt to eat a banana for breakfast too

trip

stfu
perfect. damn. i wish it was a three day weekend.. i'd come up.

bring a pair of shorts. there's a swimming area like 500 feet from the fields.

sleepy hollow is awesome. like 20-25 feet into a slow moving river. many summer days were spent there coercing girls into jumping topless.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
yeh, walla walla park. there is pretty much no shade at that park. i should buy one of those sun shades and costco and then return it after the tourney. trip, isnt sleepy hollow bridge way way down by rock island?

yeh brewz, bring your rig.

trip

stfu
nah it's up there five minutes from ww point in sunnyslope. like on your way to cashmere there's that road that goes across the highway at between snatch and monitor.. that hill.. turn left by that crappy motel as you're headed towards cashmere. it's like 500 feet off the highway. there's about 40 signs that say don't jump, but everyone does. i prolly jumped off that thing 200 times and never got busted

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
yeh, walla walla park. there is pretty much no shade at that park. i should buy one of those sun shades and costco and then return it after the tourney. trip, isnt sleepy hollow bridge way way down by rock island?

yeh brewz, bring your rig.

Is Cedars Inn G2G? I guess that's where we are staying. We aren't coming up until Saturday morning though.

I will bring the rig, no problem. I have a nice case for it. I will bring some flowers too. Are there any shops open in Wenatchee now?

I hope that swimming hole is close

trip

stfu
we used to go tubing from cashmere to that bridge all the time then spend the rest the evening jumping off. many good times were had there. drove by it last time i was there and it wasn't as tall as i remember it being.

brewz you can swim like two feet away from the outfield fences from where you're playing, but there are always a billion kids over there. if you had a couple hours to kill though, i'd head up to sleepy hollow bridge. just google sleepy hollow road. don't **** up and jump where you can see the bottom though

NoNameJames

Star Player
it is here. i have a tourney this weekend. supposed to be 102 degrees farenheit or something like that. do you guys do anything special to prepare?

i am going to gold bond my balls and buttock area real good. i am also going to drill holes in my cup to promote a cross breeze. i think it might void the warranty, and possibly effect the integrity/structure of the cup, but oh well.

i am also going to wear some spf creams and oils to help with ultra violent sun rays.

on friday night, i am going to try to drink 3 gallons of gatorade to get my hydration and electrolytes up to par.

you guys got any other suggestions or any gadgets that you would recommend to keep you cool in the hotness? :confused:

Sounds like you have never seen the sun before! Its in the 90's daily here and gets in the 100's on occasion. Gold bold=YES, Water=Yes, sunblock=YES, these are standard out here. Good luck man.