The official Two Weeks of shenks and Bliss being insufferable thread

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
They don't have to prove he cheated or knew, he's the coach so the buck stops with him.

3XC

Big Truss
They don't have to prove he cheated or knew, he's the coach so the buck stops with him.

Exactly.

Pats fans hoping to "escape on a technicality" are at least providing me with free entertainment.

I sincerely hope, not just as a Ravens fan/Pats hater but as a sports fan in general and a fan of fair outcomes and just desserts in all facets of life, that the Pats organization and Belichick in particular are punished mightily. I relish seeing karma in action. Few things are as satisfying.

Joker

punish them next year, severely. **** letting the seahawks walk through another superbowl unopposed

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Even their win over the ravens was a bit shady.

If you are not cheating you are not trying. -belichick

3XC

Big Truss
This is the team that drafted a serial killer.

Is there are more loathsome team in North America? There can't be.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeah? Is that why head coaches get fined and suspended along with players who use drugs, PEDs, get DUIs and beat their significant others?

It's why they get fined or suspended when their staff offers bounties on opposing players or videotapes outside the guidelines of the league.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is the team that drafted a serial killer.

Is there are more loathsome team in North America? There can't be.

The same ********** that recruited that killer and made him the man he is today just won a national championship.

It's why they get fined or suspended when their staff offers bounties on opposing players or videotapes outside the guidelines of the league.

You mean spygate, where they did an investigation that proved there was wrongdoing? You said they don't have to prove anything, please elaborate.

Bountygate is exactly why they have to investigate and prove him of wrongdoing. They're not gonna suspend him like Payton to come back and have to apologize again.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
They have already proven the balls were under inflated.

Payton does not run the defense but got time out for it.

They have already proven the balls were under inflated.

Payton does not run the defense but got time out for it.

you're really on top of it, thanks for your insight

I guess they'll just assume Belichek was the lone gunman, case closed suspend him for next season like Payton

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
10565271_10152516819221825_6386561494876352932_n.jpg

3XC

Big Truss
I guess we already forgot about the Patriots messing with the radio headsets for visiting teams. That was a long time ago, before Spygate.

Again, nobody else is doing this ****. Throw the book at them. Enough is enough.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Either way, as a long time Pats fan it just flat out sucks. I was hoping IF they found the balls under that it was only a couple and they were within 1/4lb of the numbers. This totally SUCKS.
Hard to be proud wearing this
ImgDyn.cfm

Yeah, I don't wear Nike stuff either.

I guess we already forgot about the Patriots messing with the radio headsets for visiting teams. That was a long time ago, before Spygate.

Again, nobody else is doing this ****. Throw the book at them. Enough is enough.

I agree, but as I stated before, Kraft is the puppet master

FatBoy28

SBF is a cruel Mistress
Penalties for cheating in a conference championship game has to involve pain in the super bowl or its meaningless. Any team would happily take some offseason penalties if it meant their cheating got them into the Super Bowl. Trade my #31/32 overall pick next for a trip to the Super Bowl this year (insert Wimpy meme here) ... Hell yeah, in a heart beat!

3XC

Big Truss
Penalties for cheating in a conference championship game has to involve pain in the super bowl or its meaningless. Any team would happily take some offseason penalties if it meant their cheating got them into the Super Bowl. Trade my #31/32 overall pick next for a trip to the Super Bowl this year (insert Wimpy meme here) ... Hell yeah, in a heart beat!

This is a good point, a 32nd pick barely even qualifies as a first round selection.

Three consecutive years of no first round draft picks and a 10 million dollar fine to the owner. There you go.

FatBoy28

SBF is a cruel Mistress
Three consecutive years of no first round draft picks and a 10 million dollar fine to the owner. There you go.
Plenty of teams would still take that and be happy.

Maybe reduce the number of eligible players for the SB.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
You mean spygate, where they did an investigation that proved there was wrongdoing? You said they don't have to prove anything, please elaborate.

Bountygate is exactly why they have to investigate and prove him of wrongdoing. They're not gonna suspend him like Payton to come back and have to apologize again.
Keep your arguments straight. You said Belichick couldn't be punished until they proved he had knowledge of the wrongdoing. Now you're saying wrongdoing. The balls didn't have the air, they have that proof. If you're trying to split hairs and say Bill can't be punished without showing he knew of the wrongdoing, Coach Payton proves that the coach is punished whether they prove he knew or not.

Your second part makes no sense. The NFL won't do this because they just did it? Doesn't that prove they have a history of doing something stupid and apologizing later? Is your assertion that they learned their lesson? No way I'm buying that. Gooddell never seems to learn ****.

You really cant say that, you have no Idea what kinda **** is done until it gets outed

Okay, they're the only ones doing enough that they get caught, or they're the only ones stupid enough to get caught, or they're the only ones surrounded by enough haters to have finally been caught.

Beer_Leaguer

Not Drunk.
That interception has to be the worst of Brady's career at this point. He doesn't make that horrible throw and we are still talking about the Packers epic collapse.

Morris 14

Which is still fishy as hell. Clinton dix gets ready to jump and break up the play but remembers he isn't supposed to and doesn't. It was horrible. I don't care who is in it, but something about that doesn't sit right with me.

3XC

Big Truss
Okay, they're the only ones doing enough that they get caught, or they're the only ones stupid enough to get caught, or they're the only ones surrounded by enough haters to have finally been caught.

Occam's Razor. What scenario has the fewest assumptions?

A. The Patriots get caught cheating because they are cheating. Other teams do not get caught cheating because they aren't cheating.

B. The Patriots are unlucky in that they are the only one of the 32 teams to get caught cheating, and it has happened no fewer than three times in the last 11 years.

Americans seem to have a very unusual sense of "guilt" based on TV courtroom/police dramas. Whether or not the Patriots are punished or not, and whether or not Bill Belichick is the architect of all this, and whether or not an impartial jury of 12 hears the facts, the New England Patriots are cheating. Period. Its not something that remains to be decided. Its a fact based on empirical evidence. Teams that cheat should be punished. Teams that cheat repeatedly should be punished severely. Obviously the Patriots organization didn't feel the sting from a 500,000 dollar fine in 2007, and really, what billion dollar organization would? If the "penalty" for murder was a 3 dollar fine, bodies would line the streets.

The punishment must be sufficient to dissuade future rule breaking. The integrity of the NFL has taken a beating lately. We don't need a team of proud cheaters hoisting the championship trophy and sending an example to the rest of the NFL - it pays to pull this ****.

Bizarro 3XC conspiracy rant starts here: The NFL, leader in global sports entertainment and fixed for years, is creating a "bad guy team" to be the NFL's heel. Eh, too farfetched.