The Provrbial "what would you do" question

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
Got to the field a little early to watch the game before us and noticed one of the teams had a Syn 2 that a few guys were using (this is an ASA league). No one on the team they were playing said anything since they probably didn't know it's a banned bat. Anyways, it just so happens we play the team that was using the Syn2 this weekend (I know some of the guys on the team but not the guy who brought the Syn 2 so I don't know if he was a fill-in or will be there Saturday). If they happen to use the Syn 2 Saturday, should I just have the banned list printed out and ready to go to call out the bat... or should I just make sure I have my Lady Virus with me to use? :D

MaverickAH

So most people think that the right answer is to also make yourself personally liable if your opponent does so?:confused: That's a sucker play if you ask me!

I've got too much to lose to use an illegal bat & risk making myself personally liable if it causes an injury to someone. I'd much rather have the other bat removed from the game.

But I guess if you have nothing to lose.........:rolleyes:

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
use common sense here.....

combat an illegal stick with another illegal stick....so say you bring the LV and somebody does realize that it's on the banned list and they call you out, now you just look like a complete doosh for using it, so then say you call out the syn2, makes you look like a crybaby (well if they can do it so can i kinda crap)

what if you get called out by one of your own teammates....then you look like the biggest doosh possible....eye for an eye isn't always the best answer...call out the syn2 or just outplay the other team, i find it hard to believe that a single bat will win the game for the other team

it's not going to help a ****ty hitter all of a sudden start hitting hrs left and right, it doesn't help the other team play defense...you get the point, call it out or just shut up and play

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Talk to them before the game and remind them that it's no longer ASA approved, and mention to the ump that they have a Syn2 in their dugout, and would he please make sure that they didn't pull it out. If the ump lets it go, inform him that you're playing under protest, contact the state UIC, and let him know that he's got a moron working under him.

BIGPAPA33

ULTRA MEGA
I wouldn't give a crap if they swung it. It's just a syn2...if you lose the game it won't be because of it.

SmokeDK42

Addicted to Softballfans
Just call the bat out. Not that big of a deal, if they make it one, HIT MIDDLE and yell OOOOOOPS

Fishstick5

Addicted to Softballfans
See if they win first and then call out the bat using that as your cause to protest.

If you win then come on here and brag about it.

deuce0419

The Veteran
I dont understand how people can say that it doesnt make a difference to let the other team use an illegal bat. It is definitely an advantage, and there is a reason why it was banned. The second the first batter tries to use it, call time, privately speak to the umpire and the other teams "coach" and let them know that the bat is illegal and you'd appreciate them not using it. It doesnt have to be a pissing match, just a simple request for both teams to abide by the rules.

gotigersgo

Addicted to Softballfans
Scenario: They hit with illegal bat. You say nothing. You hit with illegal bat, they call you out. You are out and get ejected. They no longer use illegal bat.

You lose, b*t*h

hinzy

}}i{{
Last week a team in our ASA league was using a utrip recoil... we actually said something to the team they were playing.
Last night the same team was using an MV1 against someone else... didn't say anything this time. Just laughed about it.

eyerolleddapiec

Loves Balls
if your pitchr is on board, id wait until they use it to hit a 3 run jack...then call it out. Batter is out, runners go back to their base...even better if there are 2 outs.