The Turds of 2014

philphan89

Addicted to Softballfans
Haven't swung the monsta 14 yet in a game but now hearing all this im def getting my ASA True ONE stamped for the upcoming season

I swung the Z3000, LV1, BHose and Stadium and I gotta say the CL22 was the hottest in terms of feel and exit speed. CL22 got me wanting to go back to Demarini.

Joker

in Omaha earlier this year after eating nothing but beef jerky, Denny's, and beer I had to pull over and destroy a Walgreens bathroom. Top 3 2014 turd

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
in Omaha earlier this year after eating nothing but beef jerky, Denny's, and beer I had to pull over and destroy a Walgreens bathroom. Top 3 2014 turd

So you are saying it was a monsta turd?

Heyoo!

TRaj2327

It was all on facebook and has since been deleted. Basically, the Monsta minions are strong on this one though and another dude (we will call him Guy B) that used to be on here and seemingly became an overnight Facebook softball superstar (also was banned last year and he still doesn't know why :rolleyes:) is backing him because he has another agenda. The guy (guy A) that got into it with Monsta also got into it with guy B a week before about how big of an ass he is and how he runs his facebook page, told him off, successfully discredited his knowledge and showed how hypocritical and arrogant he is. On top of that, you guys should see all the terrible things guy B has already said in PM to me about Monsta but hasn't done so publicly. Hilarious.

My personal review of Monsta bats is that they are lacking in performance. They don't touch anything DeMarini has put out for ASA in the past 2-3 years. Just lackluster performance from what I've seen. and experienced.

jhsfive

Outstanding Mutha****er
Off topic in terms of chrometips standards; nothing ASA can really hang with Demarini. Ive swung pretty much everything and it runs asa. I repped combat pretty tough last yr but they just could not match the performance of a am, mercy or juggy) Everything else(with exception to a triad or legit cause they're the same) sucks for asa.. Imho, ast good asa eastons were the sy/st series(sy98, sy98h, st98).

Everything else is turds.

Been outta the loop on utrip.

1badtrain

Addicted to Softballfans
It was all on facebook and has since been deleted. Basically, the Monsta minions are strong on this one though and another dude (we will call him Guy B) that used to be on here and seemingly became an overnight Facebook softball superstar (also was banned last year and he still doesn't know why :rolleyes:) is backing him because he has another agenda. The guy (guy A) that got into it with Monsta also got into it with guy B a week before about how big of an ass he is and how he runs his facebook page, told him off, successfully discredited his knowledge and showed how hypocritical and arrogant he is. On top of that, you guys should see all the terrible things guy B has already said in PM to me about Monsta but hasn't done so publicly. Hilarious.

My personal review of Monsta bats is that they are lacking in performance. They don't touch anything DeMarini has put out for ASA in the past 2-3 years. Just lackluster performance from what I've seen. and experienced.

Speaking from a completely unbiased opinion, I think the Monsta Black Widow is a great bat. I had read about them a few weeks ago and told my buddy about it. He bought a brand new one and brought it out to bp on Christmas eve. I was hitting shots over a 325' fence without even taking full swings. Now most of our bp balls are 375/44's and up, so you would expect them to fly but the Monsta hit just as good as my well broken in J3.

It was the first time I have ever swung a Monsta and I ordered one as soon as BP was over. For 129.00 I don't think you can beat it. I'm not sure about durability since we only hit about 30-40 balls total with it but I'll find out when mine comes in.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread and turn it into a bat review but I was very impressed and I get to swing pretty much every so called "hot" bat that comes out.

D.Morton

Addicted to Softballfans
I didn't care for the Tru One (yes, I've swung one that was broken in). I know some of you guys swear by them but I just didn't see it.

Any of the $99 (***) repainted Worths. I heard all those were paperweights.
Also that maroon and gold Titan.
I actually liked my pumpkin till it snapped in half at roughly 400 swings. I have even contemplated getting one of the newer editions they currently offer.

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
RipIt has the best customer service in the industry by a good stretch. But those of us who keep buying what we think is going to be the next Reap2 keep being disappointed. Not sure if the Air 1.20 was 2013 or 2014 but I'm very glad they have the customer service they do and I could send it back for a refund.

I think everyone gave up on them after the Prototype anyway as their customer service told me they are officially out of the slowpitch bat game.