The War by the Shore is on tonight at 8 PM eastern time

huzzdog

retired
The harder it is to play defense the more important it becomes. I didn't say I was good at it. I said I enjoyed playing it.

Some things are similar between your level and mine but this isn't one of them. I'm pretty confident in saying that the difference between your glove and my glove is greater than the difference between our possible bbs. I'm not saying I can hit like you because I don't and bbs isn't everything, but the speeds I'm expected to field with today's equipment is just wrong to me.

i got hit in the head by luis reyna with a stadium ball when pitching.. guess my glove isn't that good

uniballer

Addicted to Softballfans
So I'm sitting here watching the Dbacks play the Rockies and after 7 innings its the same score as the war by the shore game I watched in the same innings. I read all the stupid comments about how the war by the shore was so fun because it showed how the major players were not so great on a baseball field with a **** ball. Well that's great. You and your small ball and small chest can feel better about yourself but it's fing not fun to watch!!! When I want to watch baseball I don't want to see a softball score and when I watch major slow pitch I don't want to see a baseball score!!! If I want to see a bunch of no talent bitches slap the ball around I'll go watch some drunk, high morons trying to be gangsta in their local broke richard league be big shots with their over priced, cool look at me exclusive bat!! Give me hard hitting offense in slow pitch or forget it!!!!

Last edited:

ShortYellowBus

So I'm sitting here watching the Dbacks play the Rockies and after 7 innings its the same score as the war by the shore game I watched in the same innings. I read all the stupid comments about how the war by the shore was so fun because it showed how the major players were not so great on a baseball field with a **** ball. Well that's great. You and your small ball and small chest can feel better about yourself but it's fing not fun to watch!!! When I want to watch baseball I don't want to see a softball score and when I watch major slow pitch I don't want to see a baseball score!!! If I want to see a bunch of no talent bitches slap the ball around I'll go watch some drunk, high morons trying to be gangsta in their local broke **** league be big shots!! Give me hard hitting offense in slow pitch or forget it!!!!
No more beer.

uniballer

Addicted to Softballfans
And I'm a 51 year old outfielder who fing hates haveing puss shots hit at me with mush balls!!! I want rockets hit at me to see if I'm good enough to field them!!! If not then go play shuffle board or golf!!!

Normy

Different strokes for different folks I guess. While I do enjoy a good offensive game, it was nice to see hard earned points on the board for a change. Some of them made the adjustment well(Filip Washington) while others were totally out of their element(Kyle Pearson). Yes, it can make it boring to watch at times but it's much better than a dinger derby imo. But, that's just me and I've always been an odd duck. No drinks needed.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
And I'm a 51 year old outfielder who fing hates haveing puss shots hit at me with mush balls!!! I want rockets hit at me to see if I'm good enough to field them!!! If not then go play shuffle board or golf!!!
The problem is you see way more judy shots now because if you hit the ball hard you'll accidentally hit it out. Those guys weren't hitting judy shots, they were thinking they could just mash it over the fence and they were hitting warning track shots.

And you're in the outfield.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wanna see your posts on this subject after you drink ...lol

I agree...softball is fun when its a high scoring, offensive heavy game...
It's not a high scoring offensive game with hot bats and balls and homerun limits though. Especially now that they end the inning and eject the player half the time.

uniballer

Addicted to Softballfans
5 to 6 seconds? And I play outfield because of speed. You guys crack me up. Been in and around the game for 30 plus years and at one time played at a high level before cancer cut me down. And all I'm saying is watching the so called best major players in the world have 3 games where both teams stayed in single digits is not good for viewership of the sport. A final game of 5-3!!! I don't want to see 40s plus scored and unlimited hr's either. So rip on me all you want but major slow pitch should not be baseball.

Sloth91

5 to 6 seconds? And I play outfield because of speed. You guys crack me up. Been in and around the game for 30 plus years and at one time played at a high level before cancer cut me down. And all I'm saying is watching the so called best major players in the world have 3 games where both teams stayed in single digits is not good for viewership of the sport. A final game of 5-3!!! I don't want to see 40s plus scored and unlimited hr's either. So rip on me all you want but major slow pitch should not be baseball.

you strike me as the type of person to go on vacation to an exotic location, get mad when there isn't a kfc around the corner like you have at home, then go whine about it and ruin everyone else's nice time

dunkky

i am with uniballer. this is not baseball nor rec level hitting. there's no justification to this. don't matter if is hardball or mushball. dont matter if the stadium is big or small. you have the hottest bat in the world and pitcher is lobbing the ball to you. this is a sport with one thing in mind, "OFFENSE". you can't generate double digit score in this condition, then wth?? I don't think this will repeated again though. I just can't imagine they gonna put out this type of performance again.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
If mush balls and full sized stadiums were the norm, you'd see guys make adjustments and the scores would go up. The number of HRs would fall significantly, but the amount of base hitting would go up quite a bit.

The issue with war by the shore was that you had guys repeating the same mistakes swing after swing. Trying to mash a mushy ball out of a huge field through a headwind in a muggy climate. Over time they'd learn they simply can't go yard and start going for base hits.

Hard to really define a method of softball over one 5 games worth of ball.

I agree it was good to get these guys out of their comfort zone and make them do something different.

uniballer

Addicted to Softballfans
you strike me as the type of person to go on vacation to an exotic location, get mad when there isn't a kfc around the corner like you have at home, then go whine about it and ruin everyone else's nice time

That's is actually pretty funny. Nice pull. But your personal attack is moronic. I hate KFC and live on 170 acres in the Rocky mountains with no fast food anywhere near me, which I love not having it around. And I work too much to go on vacation lol

Last edited:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
So basically, the border battle? The asa game with these rules but 300' fences? Where the best from Canada and the u.s. score between 10 - 20 on average?

The thing I hate about the normal stadium game is the hits seem to be chopping the ball into the dirt so they don't accidentally hit a homerun.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
So basically, the border battle? The asa game with these rules but 300' fences? Where the best from Canada and the u.s. score between 10 - 20 on average?

The thing I hate about the normal stadium game is the hits seem to be chopping the ball into the dirt so they don't accidentally hit a homerun.

I think big games between good/powerful teams should always be played on full sized baseball fields whenever possible. Having a couple major teams slap the ball around on a 300' field trying NOT to hit HRs is stupid and not fun to watch. I'd rather watch a bunch of guys fly out to the fence on a full sized field than a bunch of guys slapping oppo.

ASA should move their major series to bigger fields. 300' fields anymore are just silly. Use a good .52 300 ball and let the guys swing out of their shoes. Make HRs unlimited, but make guys earn them on big fields.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's all I've ever wanted, plus make the game a little safer for all fielders and base runners. Lessen the hr restrictions, but make them a little harder to hit.