The War by the Shore is on tonight at 8 PM eastern time

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Greinart is a great hitter. dude smacked the balls all night. but everything he hit was ****ing liners. if those had little of lift, all of them could have easily been bombs. In my perception, monsta won the series. I mean look at the roster for sake. if they had dale on the team, i have no doubt they would have won the series. sis chocked big time, no double digit score for any of the games.

problem is that he smacked em for outs...

He’s not that great of a hitter if he can’t make the adjustments needed to get on base..Flip hit better than Grienhart

Even Harvey started making great adjustments and started hitting hard liners in the gaps...

KP hit like garbage...

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Most of the SIS hitters definitely got exposed hitting the 52/300.

Hitting .52s out of a field that size is no small accomplishment. You really do have to hit them perfectly. I think it was cool to see these guys try (and somewhat fail) to hit the .52s on a baseball field in FL rather than hitting stadiums and hitting 15 HR per team per game. A little humility in softball can go a long way.

If they ever have a series like this again I'd keep it the same format. Same venue, same ball. Let these guys make adjustments and see who the hardest/longest hitters in the game really are. Bring some technique back to the game and make guys work for power.

4xtra

Player/Coach
Most of the SIS hitters definitely got exposed hitting the 52/300.
They got spoiled hitting them stadiums...
and it seems like everyone around here is going with the 52.
I'm 100% cool with that.

I played in a game this week (ASA, 52/300) with a 5 HR per team max and there were only 2 HR's that were hit in that game.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
Hitting .52s out of a field that size is no small accomplishment. You really do have to hit them perfectly. I think it was cool to see these guys try (and somewhat fail) to hit the .52s on a baseball field in FL rather than hitting stadiums and hitting 15 HR per team per game. A little humility in softball can go a long way.

If they ever have a series like this again I'd keep it the same format. Same venue, same ball. Let these guys make adjustments and see who the hardest/longest hitters in the game really are. Bring some technique back to the game and make guys work for power.

There was a lot of hype and drama surrounding this whole event. But, I agree the format was fair given the teams play in dif associations and I think it would be a cool tradition going forward to see the USSSA champion and ASA champion play each other every year.

FranDog33

Coach
Greinart is a great hitter. dude smacked the balls all night. but everything he hit was ****ing liners. if those had little of lift, all of them could have easily been bombs. In my perception, monsta won the series. I mean look at the roster for sake. if they had dale on the team, i have no doubt they would have won the series. sis chocked big time, no double digit score for any of the games.

and if SIS had Purcell pitching Monsta wouldn't score nearly as many runs.
don't play the If, Then game.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
and if SIS had Purcell pitching Monsta wouldn't score nearly as many runs.
don't play the If, Then game.

Um, were we watching the same games? I thought their back up did an outstanding job. He kept Monsta to low scores and fielded his position. The Monsta team is no slouch and to keep them to the scores they did was awesome. SIS just didn’t hit.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Um, were we watching the same games? I thought their back up did an outstanding job. He kept Monsta to low scores and fielded his position. The Monsta team is no slouch and to keep them to the scores they did was awesome. SIS just didn’t hit.

Monsta played great...solid defensive players and good place hitters...theres a reason why their ASA Champs!

dunkky

anyway, this was good. they should do this every year. and perhaps, asa all star vs utrip all star would be awesome as well.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
They got spoiled hitting them stadiums...
and it seems like everyone around here is going with the 52.
I'm 100% cool with that.

I played in a game this week (ASA, 52/300) with a 5 HR per team max and there were only 2 HR's that were hit in that game.

Most of the leagues and tournies I play in use .52s. I like them a lot better than .44s. I do notice that I have to work harder at hitting HRs. Spin is absolutely essential with .52s. If you don't hit them right they knuckle all over the place.

That said, I don't see league guys having much trouble hitting .52s out. Anyone with a half decent swing can still put them over 300' with regularity.

Granted, I'm in CO. In FL I have no clue how .52s fly. I figure it would take me a BP or two with them to get a feel for the proper swing to use for power/distance.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
He did, but he's still not Purcell. Maybe Carl will challenge resmondo in two years when he had 50k to lose again.

legend4130

Addicted to Softballfans
Most of the leagues and tournies I play in use .52s. I like them a lot better than .44s. I do notice that I have to work harder at hitting HRs. Spin is absolutely essential with .52s. If you don't hit them right they knuckle all over the place.

That said, I don't see league guys having much trouble hitting .52s out. Anyone with a half decent swing can still put them over 300' with regularity.

Granted, I'm in CO. In FL I have no clue how .52s fly. I figure it would take me a BP or two with them to get a feel for the proper swing to use for power/distance.

Not sure if you saw any of the games, but the field they were playing on was 325ft in the corners, 365ft in the gaps and 385ft to center. If they were playing on a field that was 300ft all around, there would of been a TON of homeruns in that game.

wizkid2016

I watched a few innings and heard Helmer say that they are releasing a 10 and 11 inch barrels this summer. Did anyone else hear this or know anything about it?

Sloth91

I watched a few innings and heard Helmer say that they are releasing a 10 and 11 inch barrels this summer. Did anyone else hear this or know anything about it?

i heard that but i have no idea what he was talking about. easton is all over the damn place this year with the exclusives and canadian stuff i can't keep track anymore

Hiltz

Built for comfort
There was a picture on this forum somewhere of Helmer swinging the 10" prototype. Someone mentioned that the 11" model is gonna be this year's Kirby.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
He did, but he's still not Purcell. Maybe Carl will challenge resmondo in two years when he had 50k to lose again.

Not sure he had it this time to begin with. Lol. He may need to presale a few batches of bats to pay SIS.

Country469

using worth hot dots in that windy stadium was the issue...........use evil or dudley and on a field where the win doesnt blow in most of the time, different story. The conference champs were low scoring, it wasn't the ball.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Not sure if you saw any of the games, but the field they were playing on was 325ft in the corners, 365ft in the gaps and 385ft to center. If they were playing on a field that was 300ft all around, there would of been a TON of homeruns in that game.

I didn't watch any of the games. I was playing a tournament Saturday and Sunday. Sounds like they used the right ball though. A few HRs were hit. Isn't that how it should be? Should a softball game have 18 HR? Make hitting a HR a feat of strength and skill.

I bet if you asked the players how they liked using the .52, most of them would say they liked it. Any player at that level should appreciate a good challenge. I've hit .52s on big fields before and I will readily admit its very hard to hit them out. It CAN be done though.

I think they could have used a better .52 ball for this event. Hot Dots are probably on the lower end of the spectrum as far as performance goes. Something like a Decker Shark or Tattoo NX3 would have provided a few more HR. Even a Hycor composite would be a good ball.

Sloth91

I didn't watch any of the games. I was playing a tournament Saturday and Sunday. Sounds like they used the right ball though. A few HRs were hit. Isn't that how it should be? Should a softball game have 18 HR? Make hitting a HR a feat of strength and skill.

I bet if you asked the players how they liked using the .52, most of them would say they liked it. Any player at that level should appreciate a good challenge. I've hit .52s on big fields before and I will readily admit its very hard to hit them out. It CAN be done though.

I think they could have used a better .52 ball for this event. Hot Dots are probably on the lower end of the spectrum as far as performance goes. Something like a Decker Shark or Tattoo NX3 would have provided a few more HR. Even a Hycor composite would be a good ball.

this is the ball carl was insistent on using and the event was contingent upon it