Thinking of buying a Bmb

Gatorbait08

Addicted to Softballfans
Right now i have a jd73 that i use for ss, which i really like but it looks like i will be playing 3rd/2nd for now on. Just by using the search, it looks like the bmb is the way to go. Just wondering if any of you are thinking of selling theirs before i dish out on a new one? Color isnt a deal breaker but i must say the white is very nice looking.

seniorss

Addicted to Softballfans
I used a BMB-M at SS and love the glove. Then I went with the AB 74 which I prefer the pocket better. Finally settled on the Optimus with the Mod Net T Web. Couldn't be happier, just throwing that out there so that you may consider these models also.

nissben

Freakin Ninja
bmb's are where its at...of all the vincis i use to own the bmb was by far the nicest of the bunch...i had the cousin to the white you want lol, the tan one

Gatorbait08

Addicted to Softballfans
I used a BMB-M at SS and love the glove. Then I went with the AB 74 which I prefer the pocket better. Finally settled on the Optimus with the Mod Net T Web. Couldn't be happier, just throwing that out there so that you may consider these models also.

cool, ill check out the ab74. Is it 13 1/2 inches?

nissben

Freakin Ninja
i didnt have a bmb in optimus but i did have a JC that i custom made into a 13" using optimus, and it didnt feel super heavy, but the leather is definitely a notch above the limited

PHILTHY19

Addicted to Softballfans
I picked up a rv1961 in tan, dual welting very nice stamped 12.75" looks like it will play like a 12.5". I think the BMB might play too big for middle infield and 3B.

seniorss

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine is 12 and 3/4" but it plays with a wide and deep pocket. It weighs 3 oz. more then my AB 74, both are mesh. The Net-T weighs 26.5 oz. As stated above the leather on the Optimus is superior and the break in period is much faster. If I'm not mistaken I believe you can order the Net-T in 13 and 1/2". You may want to check with a Rep on this. I tried one on but if felt a little big for me. Hope this helps.

seniorss

Addicted to Softballfans
Also I didn't like the D-Ring holding the wrist strap on my BMB, it would not keep the glove tight on my hand. Had to keep adjusting it to tighten while I was playing.

sbfreak

D Nation ALL DAY!!!
I use the bmb-ob at third and I love it. It is by far my favorite glove for 3rd, and I tried a bunch of nice gloves before it. I already have a back up just in case it starts to get floppy :)

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
What size glove to use at each position is such personal preference. My two BMBs measured 12 5/8" - 12 3/4", but with the deep pocket , they actually played with a length more like a 12.25" glove. Here mine is next to a 12.25" Glovesmith. Same length, but the BMB is deeper and measures 3/8" longer.

jstn8887

Addicted to Softballfans
I use a BMB-L for P, 2B, SS, and 3B and it works great for all of them. I don't play 1B enough to justify a 1B mitt (and to let it take up space in my bag), but when I do, it's even serviceable there.

Kramit

The bmb is the "jack of all trades" Vinci glove. Its a great glove that can be used at any position and it won't hurt your game

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I wanted a BMB for 3rd, but got a killer deal on a 13.5" Optimus mod trap or net T or whatever you call it. That thing is legit. Glad I tried it out.

midnight89

Bat Huer
You are wise to look for one that's starting to break in. Nice for someone else to do the work (as long as its done properly).

I have an older BMB-L (with an open back....yes, I realize almost every BMB-L you find will be the closed back) and love it. It's advertised at 13", however as Rous noted above, mine measures shorter and the deep pocket makes it feel like it plays even smaller.

Thought I would want something that played a tad longer so I ordered a 13.5" Custom Kip BMB-OB with a mesh back and the size is very nice however the glove is still stiff as a board. Going to take a VERY long time to break this one in. This could easily become my new favorite if/when it ever gets to the point where I can close it.

MaverickAH

Right now i have a jd73 that i use for ss, which i really like but it looks like i will be playing 3rd/2nd for now on. Just by using the search, it looks like the bmb is the way to go. Just wondering if any of you are thinking of selling theirs before i dish out on a new one? Color isnt a deal breaker but i must say the white is very nice looking.

I may have what you're looking for. Shoot me a pm.