Thoughts/Comments...L2 vs Izzy???

DeanH

Coach
So..I usually always hit Miken...love the big endload...and I recently received my Psycho Izzy and it's "getting there" but the sweet spot seems to be soooo small. Last night we played men's and some of the guys we played were SMASHING the ball with what appeared to be a Wegman L2. I didnt think those new Easton's were that good.

Comments? anyone swing both an L2 and Izzy? I know my Izzy will open up soon..but damn...when I see a 160lb guy smash a 370 ft bomb...almost makes you think twice.

Any info is appreciated.

thanx,

Illini_Doc_19

Addicted to Softballfans
Never swung the Izzy and I'm usually a worth guy but bought a L2, brought it to league last night, by the 3rd inning all ten guys were swinging it, has a great feel and sound and balls were flying off the barrell

Dowty24

Starting Player
I've got an Izzy and I absolutely love it. I'm not usually a home run guy (hit them occasionally) and I hit 4 out in the first 6 swings I took with it. Field was 320 to left field where I hit them all. The only problem I have is all of the durability issues I've been reading about on here. I only have about 70 cuts on mine and it still looks practically new.

The Eastons tend to hold up alot better so I'm looking for an L2 right now. It'll see alot more BP than my Izzy will. I swung one a couple weeks ago with about 200 cuts on it and I hit it about as well as I do with the Izzy. I don't think you can go wrong with either IMO

DeanH

Coach
cool..thanx guys..hopefully my Izzy opens up a bit more soon...other people have the sweet spot is huge..so maybe I got a bit of a stiffer one.

It may not hurt to have an L2 in the bag as well...

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Wes21's L2 is flat sick. Its the only bat that can hang with my 3000+ hit catty and my Red PST 120. It is spiderwebbed after only 3 months though.

musiclife_7

Star Player
I have both...the Izzy is better out of the wrapper but the L2 is more durable. If you can get your hands on a St100H (the L2 precursor) do it...it's much better.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I have both...the Izzy is better out of the wrapper but the L2 is more durable. If you can get your hands on a St100H (the L2 precursor) do it...it's much better.

st100h is the L1 precursor. the scn20bw is the L2 precursor. i only have 50 hits or so on my L2 and its just ok for me. not crushin yet, but ima give it a chance.

TurboLumpy

Hum it in there
Just got an Izzy back from Miken. Haven't liked a Miken in years but this thing is fantastic from the first swing. 100 swings and it's right where my OG Psycho was, no hype. Does also have webbing within 100 swings though so we shall see...

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
st100h is the L1 precursor. the scn20bw is the L2 precursor. i only have 50 hits or so on my L2 and its just ok for me. not crushin yet, but ima give it a chance.

It shouldn't take long to get nasty. I dropped one 410' with Wes21's L2. One of the sickest legal bats I've touched. Shouldn't take long to blow up either. Probably under 500 hits and it's spiderwebbed up.

HOPP31

Addicted to Softballfans
It shouldn't take long to get nasty. I dropped one 410' with Wes21's L2. One of the sickest legal bats I've touched. Shouldn't take long to blow up either. Probably under 500 hits and it's spiderwebbed up.

The white paint shows terrible spiderwebbing. I wouldn't these bats stay hot for a very very long time.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i used my l2 again last night and its feeling better and better. i didnt hit any for distance, but smashed a few threw the gaps in the OF. ball is coming off real good. its the first time ive been excited about either of my new bats so far this year. i probalby have 75 hits on it now. the sweetspot seems like its softening up a little bit

-Six-

Weiner
One of my favorite sticks. most of the tournaments around here are nsa. But my league ball is all asa. I need to play on the weekend more.

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
ive seen a few in my league. they seem pretty nice

I've got the balanced model (because that's all I swing) It's not even close to fully broken in and I'm hitting backside missles with it. I usually hit 28oz's, but I got this in a 27oz for more bat control and it's working out just fine. I can't wait to see what it does when it gets broken in. :eek:

I'm honestly not surprised though, Every Miken or Worth (Because they're owned and operated by the same company) I've ever had is better than any Easton, Demarini, Mizuno, or Combat I've ever owned or hit.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I've got the balanced model (because that's all I swing) It's not even close to fully broken in and I'm hitting backside missles with it. I usually hit 28oz's, but I got this in a 27oz for more bat control and it's working out just fine. I can't wait to see what it does when it gets broken in. :eek:

I'm honestly not surprised though, Every Miken or Worth (Because they're owned and operated by the same company) I've ever had is better than any Easton, Demarini, Mizuno, or Combat I've ever owned or hit.

thats a pretty bold statement. i think overall, easton has been my favorite. but my favorite bat of all time is teh rawlings rush120 which was a repainted miken.

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
thats a pretty bold statement. i think overall, easton has been my favorite. but my favorite bat of all time is teh rawlings rush120 which was a repainted miken.

It is.. but you could take the best bat of each company that they ever made and if you were to ask.. Which companys bat would come out on top?.. All time?

Miken U1 and Miken U2 are the best composite bats of all time. Period.

That's why they own the title as being the best.

Easton makes good stuff, The L2 is nice(I swung one at BP in a 30oz) and I had a few shots with it.. but then again, that bat had 1000 hits on already and they take for-ev-er to break in. Too expensive on 1st sale and re-sale.

The newer Mizuno's are pretty good. The only one I haven't swung is the Blackout and I hear all kind of things about those. Reasonably priced.

The Combats are hit a miss IMO. Some like em, Some hate em... They have a very soft feel and hit decently. They have short break in times and the re-sale on them is horrible. Resonably priced.

People are really liking the Louisville Slugger Z2K's, They seem good but their previous track record for bats hasn't been that good. They seem to have found a good bat series now and hopefully they can continue this trend. Really pricey stuff too.

Demarini makes good metal bats. I remember using the Doublewall Distance and hitting bombs with that bat before the Mikens were out but... They have some good bats out but they're a little on the too expensive side if you ask me.

Mikens stuff (at least the stuff I've owned over the years) has been the picture and model of consistency.