Thread for Players in Iowa

MF'N MGR

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm in Anamosa/Cedar Rapids tonight and I'm sure ball is done here, but anything happening tonight? Leagues?

dodge1

Addicted to Softballfans
I just moved back after about 7 years away so I have not played much yet. I understand the majority of league and tournament ball is ASA.

22justin82

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm surprised with all the teams and events in Fort Dodge no one on this board is from there. USSSA over there.

RC#2

Addicted to Softballfans
Davenport is the main usssa place in Iowa. Pretty much the rest of the state is ASA. Sioux City was usssa until couple years ago when they switched back to ASA.

teamriot38

UNKNOWNachilles
Looking for a tourney this year in Des Moines area, someone from there locally wanna keep me posted if anything pops up

i forgot to ask when i signed us up. i dont think the girl at the desk would have known anyway. didn't see anything in the book they gave me. if i had to guess, i would say not enforced in league play. let you know if i find out. im close to the office. sunday e here.

hotcorner42

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm a La Vista guy on Sundays. hopefully ill find a team on this side of the river another night. Got a lonely j2u not getting any use in ASA land!

BudBo

Addicted to Softballfans
I live in the cb and omaha area. I know omaha is not enforcing the new stamp. Most likely cb will follow omaha regulation.

Powersoftball

Extra Hitter
Just moved to Spirit Lake Okoboji area anyone know any teams here looking for a league player gonna play tourneys most weekends with a MN team but looking for a league

jdub_4

Addicted to Softballfans
I live in the cb and omaha area. I know omaha is not enforcing the new stamp. Most likely cb will follow omaha regulation.

This is partially false information. The open leagues WILL enforce the new stamp rule in league play. Only the lower level leagues will be allowed to swing the old bats.

All sanctioned tournaments for USSSA held in NE WILL enforce the new stamp rule. I have spoken to Rex a bit on this and I believe he will be doing the same in some of his tournaments as well.

Good site to get the latest information on is below...

http://nesoftball.forumotion.com/

Also if anyone from IA has any input on tournaments in the past that were held in NE and your experience in those tournaments please feel free to contact me. I am aiming to fix alot of the issues caused by the previous directors and I am out to do what is best for the teams. Hopefully we will see some of you all make it out this way a few times.

One big thing we are doing is separating the E teams so that everyone is on a more level playing field. We have bumped quite a few of the E teams from last season and created a Competitive E and a Recreational E.