To those scared of water still...

DIRTY 30

Some are cut with it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUYtRa2sz-k"]Mizuno Baseball Gloves 미즈노 야구 글러브 제작과정 - YouTube[/ame]

SUITSS06

Addicted to Softballfans
61lDc.gif

Just Ron

Addicted to Softballfans
I used a combination of hot water and steam (plastic bag in my car) to shape my new TPX Pro Flare. The Horween leather is much harder to shape than any glove I've had before. After leaving it in the car for about 45 minutes, the glove was nice a pliable. I shaped and pounded the pocket with a weight/softball and after drying it now fits like a glove should, IMHO. Great tip, thanks again.

grubd

Banned User
They cut the leather with a water jet like a knife in the old days. They weren't dunking or steaming whole new gloves or whatever crazy like that. This title is misleading.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Guess my problem with the water dunk is that I associate that with reshaping a glove. But that's a big reason you picked a quality glove and shelled good money for it, the great pattern they have developed. Aso uses it for molding to your individual hand and how it closes with your hand. Do whatever you want with your glove, I don't think it's bad, just don't see it as anything other than a shortcut or geeking out with leather. I don't need it for my glove and I geek out on my leather shoes.

Only potential negative I can think of but don't know that it's bad, is getting the padding wet rather than affecting the leather. I'm under the impression that felt stiffness is due to physical composition and how it's treated. Get it wet and it softens, does part of that glue/chemical/whatever bleed out to the leather, does the felt retain every bit of stiffness once it dries? I don't think it's a major problem if these things do change, just takes away from why you got the high end glove in the first place.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a piece of 1/4" steel plate cut. Just sent them a CAD file and they used a water jet to cut it. Wicked.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
There are all sorts of pronunciation rules when you go from one language to another. The French don't say Paris the way we do, and to the Italians, it is Roma, not Rome. If you are one of those people who say you went to Par-ee on vacation, then by all means, start saying Miz-no.

blov10

Nortadakota
Wonder what happens when those leather needles go through a finger and they get blood on the glove. I want a "MIZNO" blem!