Tournament teams in Rec Leagues?

Our league is fun...tons of tourney teams show up (E/D) - full unis, pitcher in full gear, lots of **** talking and bravado. My team - t shirts/tank tops, whatever attitude...kill everybody. Could help that half the roster is current/former Conf. players ;) Boy do those E players get pissed.

ThroughbeingIAN

Starting Player
Came up against the specific team that brought on this thread for me, last night in 2nd round of fall playoffs. They picked up two ringers to make 10. We played with 9 because there weren’t supposed to be pick ups for playoff. They went up a lot in the bottom of the first and just piled on. Game over after 3 and half.

I get it though. They’re trying to win it all. Put another trophy in the case and shame a few guys just trying to have fun along the way.

Donger73

Addicted to Softballfans
That's my frustration too. The manager (yes they have one) for the team in my league offers a bat for the player with the best average at the end of league season. This team takes league night exceptionally seriously. They were up 18 on us and still tagging up on fly balls, taking extra bases, etc. annoying

What kind of bat? Asking for a friend........

bndawgs

President-Elect
my team scored 20 runs in one inning to beat a team 40-25. this was after being down by 19. so i might be tempted to tag up on fly balls

Came up against the specific team that brought on this thread for me, last night in 2nd round of fall playoffs. They picked up two ringers to make 10. We played with 9 because there weren’t supposed to be pick ups for playoff. They went up a lot in the bottom of the first and just piled on. Game over after 3 and half.

I get it though. They’re trying to win it all. Put another trophy in the case and shame a few guys just trying to have fun along the way.

I’m sure the had fun too.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
It's a fine line though. You can also piss of the other team by not trying, going station to station no matter where the ball is hit. Losing teams tend to get pissy no matter what. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Just play the game and don't be a **** (win or lose).

jkwoody22

League ball huer

Is it really their fault, why where they allowed to pick up 2 guys and you weren't? Is there a roster or not, maybe you need to blame ld, scorekeeper ump, etc and call them out, I wouldn't pay to play in that, but all my leagues have tourney players teams etc, even the single wall leagues, roster is 18-20, locked after 4th game have signed roster, so atleast one game played, and we usually have 11-12 paying guys, pretty much all playoff teams have one of there "subs" who is on roster and is a ringer, I would prefer all players play 4 games to be eligible for playoffs, but that doesn't happen becaus of the amount of leagues around here, teams will move around, there are leagues that are tourney teams that play for practice and generally all play the same level of comp, 18 runs is nothing for a lot of teams so running up the score isn't running up the score, now if your team really sucks, maybe it's time to be realistic and find a different league, night etc, or start recruiting better players and play With there rules

desperados

Addicted to Softballfans
around here in the over 40 it is welcome - it ups the competition and league as a whole for the guys who could compete in tourney ball but can't give away weekends (kids, sports, family commitments etc) also the tourney teams rarely field their complete team due to who played all weekend and is hurt or sore....so their entire "team" doesn't show up until the playoffs (when tourneys have slowed) and then it turns into a glorified tourney.....which they win.....LOL

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I usually don't see much trouble in league here with roster stacking. Like I said, good players WILL play league, but they often spread themselves out and you'll have maybe 1-2 C players playing with a bunch of scrubs. Having the C players around is (IMO) a good thing for the lower players. Gives them something to aspire to, while giving them some motivation to up their game a bit. However I do fully agree that a full league team of C players wouldn't benefit anyone. Hence the reason no one here does it.

Most leagues here aren't really geared toward upper teams either. That's why as an upper player you have to just find a few guys you want to play with and roll with it.