TPS Powerdomes?

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
This is the first year I have been in a league with any kind of real ASA bat rules. Do your leagues allow Powerdomes even though they don't have the stamps or does your league follow the rules to a tee and not allow any bats without the 2001 or 2004 stamps?

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
Generally that's deemed to be in the umpires discretion. Whatever he says is the rule that day

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
Check to see if it's on the ASA approved bat list on ASA's website (you can search by model number, I.e. TPSD, SB31). If so print out a copy of the list and show it to the ump (or show him via directly accessing from your smartphone). I would think most leagues would allow the ASA approved Powerdomes if they go by the ASA website bat list. A lot of singlewall leagues are very bat specific so definitely check with your LD.

FYI There are a few models such as the TPS Outlaw Powerdome which are not on the ASA approved list & would probably not be allowed

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is the first year I have been in a league with any kind of real ASA bat rules. Do your leagues allow Powerdomes even though they don't have the stamps or does your league follow the rules to a tee and not allow any bats without the 2001 or 2004 stamps?

It's a 2000 ASA Stamp, and if the bat is made before 2000 logically it won't have one. You can either call the ump names, or print out the ASA bat list that shows it's legal and was made before 2000.

The Outlaw says exceeds 1.20 bpf all over it so they shouldn't allow that one, although I've owned two and wouldn't say boo if you brought it up to hit off of me.

pontiacfb78

Star Player
Ill be interested to see how many times my bats get checked this year. My first year in a league with paid umps. I've played 4 years in two leagues where we just ump our selves, so no one ever checks the bats.