true modified-mmmm

WI Modified

Addicted to Softballfans
well mr. wisconsin, the 3 drifton trips were for other reasons, hurricane one year, neck surgury ,and 1 year cause there was no more 9 man to go to other then that all asa nationals. does that clear it up a little
As I said, wasn't trying to start an argument... Was just curious!!!

10 man pitching rules r 10 man rules,

You are absolutely correct. An open 10 man pitcher should look very similar to C 10 man pitcher in their mechanics, that's the delivery of the ball if you don't understand the word mechanics. The only difference should be control, can throw a little harder, LEGALLY, may have a good knuckle ball, better offense and a better defense.

there was no more 9 man to go to other then that all asa nationals. .

There has been a 9 man National tournament advertised the last 2 years, OH YEAH, but you would rather sand bag into 10 man.

Diggity4223

Addicted to Softballfans
There has been a 9 man National tournament advertised the last 2 years, OH YEAH, but you would rather sand bag into 10 man.[/QUOTE]

Sandbag into 10man??? By the looks of it there was some damn good teams in it and could have been anyones tourny(minus the Degroots team) as we all saw no one was going to out hit them.

But take a look at the top 10 teams there???? Those were teams with solid hitters, pitchers and good defense. So that is sandbagging to you? Just asking for clarification so I don't become a sandbagger lol

It's about the pitching, which apparently no body knows there is a different set of pitching rules for 9 man. You are allowed to get a way with more as a pitcher.

KATMAN23

Addicted to Softballfans
justfish, i am 48 and playing modified before your time,i can throw 10 man , i know the diff have played both, just goand play, leave it up to the umps, if not dont go , its that simple. your 10 man rule banter is boring me.

So you are older than me and that makes you smarter and more knowledgeable about the game. With age comes wisdom and you have seen it all!!!

Here's the catch

Let's do some math, if you can add. I started playing when I was 18, I have been playing for 31 years. That makes me how old. I'll give you a hint. I'm one year older than you.

Last edited:

buildingmaint

Addicted to Softballfans
I wonder if any of the women from Team USA's fast pitch team[ Cat Osterman, Jenny Finch, Monica Abbott, Lisa Ferandez, Michelle Smith ,Natasha Watley, Bustos , Lovie Jung, ect] would ever think about playing women's modified, or c fastpitch, just a thought. Or would that be below their talent level?

kodiak17

Addicted to Softballfans
justfish, i am 48 and playing modified before your time,i can throw 10 man , i know the diff have played both, just goand play, leave it up to the umps, if not dont go , its that simple. your 10 man rule banter is boring me.

Wiley this guy is the coed champ of matamoros who let me pitch in his league when I played with Zubi this tart is a fruit cake . I have talked to a couple of people that know him, all he does is try to stir the pot to make it look like he has been there and done that ....

gofisch

nope , i have pitched in drifton 3 times with mixed reviews,and 3 10 man nationals 04,05 and my one game last year. it depended on the ump i had wether i got called. you know i got to watch alot of pitching out in huron, iwould have to say if you called it liked the fish twins would like, you would lose half of the teams there then what another 12 15 team national, you will never make everybody happy, one thing though both , i and kodiak will never shy away from any type competition, if your worried about speed get radar :eek: guns do away with rules and use a gun find a speed people are happy with ,your only bitching because steve throws hard, if he didnt we wouldnt be talking about this at all.

Do you even read what you type? IT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH SPEED OR LEVEL OF COMPETITION. Did you understand the all cap's? Its about following the rules and not trying to "get away with something". Most guys could care less about the way you pitch, IF IT WAS AN OPEN TOURNAMENT. But when the Slingers come into a 10 man tourney and want to show off or "get away" with pitching illegal, thats what pisses guys off. Get a freakin clue. What are you 12? I throw harder than you do, nanny nanny poo poo.

Wiley this guy is the coed champ of matamoros who let me pitch in his league when I played with Zubi this tart is a fruit cake . I have talked to a couple of people that know him, all he does is try to stir the pot to make it look like he has been there and done that .

If that was directed to me, you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Co ed, not in 25 years. Matamoras, never played there. Who have you talked to that knows me.

Mattx10x

Addicted to Softballfans
There has been a 9 man National tournament advertised the last 2 years, OH YEAH, but you would rather sand bag into 10 man.

Having been on the 9 man circuit for the past 10 years, there is not enough pitchers to play 9 man. You play the same 5-7 teams over and over. ASA advertises the tournament but we all know it will be 5-10 teams.

KATMAN23

Addicted to Softballfans
i am done, if you want to go -go,you dont want to go dont , if i get called or i dont get called so be it, i get it , all your banter ,hope to see u in the nats next year good luck to u and your team.:rolleyes:

bostonpete

Addicted to Softballfans
Great Stuff

Do you even read what you type? IT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH SPEED OR LEVEL OF COMPETITION. Did you understand the all cap's? Its about following the rules and not trying to "get away with something". Most guys could care less about the way you pitch, IF IT WAS AN OPEN TOURNAMENT. But when the Slingers come into a 10 man tourney and want to show off or "get away" with pitching illegal, thats what pisses guys off. Get a freakin clue. What are you 12? I throw harder than you do, nanny nanny poo poo.

This is awesome!!! Gofisch I have been saying this for years and getting called a crybaby! Let those type of pitchers play in OPEN events, what we call "true modified" is a great, fun game if the other guys stay out. They have theirs, let us have ours. Why is it so damn complicated? Oh yea . . . SANDBAGGERS.

This is awesome!!! Gofisch I have been saying this for years and getting called a crybaby! Let those type of pitchers play in OPEN events, what we call "true modified" is a great, fun game if the other guys stay out. They have theirs, let us have ours. Why is it so damn complicated? Oh yea . . . SANDBAGGERS.

OH YEAH, one more for the good guys.

Legends15

Addicted to Softballfans
If someone can conform to what the tourney allows, what is the problem? Both Steve and Wiley would gladly play 9 Man if there was a legit National. It's the bonehead directors and umpires that allow it to become a circus.

Jubb21

Addicted to Softballfans
Lets clear some stuff up mouth wiles was not throwing hard at all nor was he illegal ar aaallllll. Fish lets play each other get in a tourney lets settle it on the field instead of running OUR mouths on here!

KATMAN23

Addicted to Softballfans
i understand, very well. to my two buddies ,the fish boys. first off i do understand that the umpires at this years national deamed steve and i legal on about 97 % of our pitches, so i would have to say that we were legal. we thru between the both of us about 500 pitches in our 4 games and got called 7 times combined .so if we were really trying to gain an advantage, dont you beleive there would have been more. there were alot of guys that got called more then us together, r they not aloud to play to. let blue handle it that is all you can do . i coach in high school and because a girl gets called illegal, she shouldnt be aloud to pitch, think not boys. you go out and tell your pitcher to adjust to what the umpire is calling. the end

KATMAN23

Addicted to Softballfans

by the way yes i do throw harder then you nanna poo poo

Diggity4223

Addicted to Softballfans
I love that out pitcher threw hard for Little Creek and no one complained about him :) He was called illegal and not to be biased but he was one of the most legal pitchers in the tourny. He probably had 3-5 K's a game too. Love how some people just like to make a stink about a list or just cause a pitcher may own that team and they get their panties in a bunch :)

Just show up and let the UMP's do their job and if they are afraid to call it then shame on them. BUT our pitcher in the game against Degrodt was called illegal by the same up in the championship game. They both uped third and he never call Platt and called out guy, so you see we adjusted and kept playing. Yes during the game there was some complaints by us but we said screw it play he ended up getting pulled and they let our slinger pitch lol

What I am saying just play and worry about scoring more and playing great D. Let the pitching be called and see how it gets played out.