Trying to borrow a bat.

2nQ19

Manager
Ok this wk end I have a modified state tournament. In Pa we are not allowed to use any bats that have the new ASA stamp on them even if they also have the old stamp. I'm trying to find someone that would be willing to let me borrow a z1k or z2k with just the old ASA stamp 26-28oz preferably endload. They use sb12 44/375 balls so they are mush and wont beat up the bat. I have some utrip bats I can send as collateral until after the tournament is over. 28 and 30oz 100h and an old stamp 26oz 454. My buddy has some og antivirus's he could send also if we find a z. Thanks for your help.

2nQ19

Manager
I would buy one if I had the money. Im moving from pa to nc in 2 wks so about all my money is tied up in that. And my gf would kill me if I bought a bat right now.

Dieselmike

Addicted to Softballfans
So you want to borrow a bat known at times to be fragile and you have OG anti-virus's available for cloaderal? might be just me but the AV's have the old stamp and why not just swing them? other wise you might want to just pickup a Z from the boards.

2nQ19

Manager
Thats what we are hoping for. The av's dont hit the sb12's like a z. Nothing really hits them like a z.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Bet you could trade one of your 100H's for one. ;)
But you would have to ship first so that would not leave a lot of time. Guess you'll get to work on your base hitting this weekend.

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
It's gotta suck to play a tourney with no teammates. Prob. look for those first and I bet a few of em have a bat you can swing.

M22KLARS

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
I have a bad ass Easton Hammer that I'll let you try out but if you break it it's gonna cost you $35234523464

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
You might have to suck it up on this one and swing something else. That would be a major inconvenience to pack up a bat for a complete stranger to use and put wear and tear on for free. Maybe someone would trade you one for an AV if that option is available. If I had one, I would probably do it for you but I don't find those bats all that impressive, plus they sound funny. This past weekend, an ump pulled one that a team mate hit with and asked if it was legit! I said no, it just sounds like that

Pete D

Addicted to Softballfans
Use what you have - this is a team sport comprised of individuals - everyone is expected to fend for themselves and you are no different ......a borrowed glove is not going to help you on defense ...... borrowed cleats aren't going to help you cut/run better/faster......do good with what you "got' - if you can't then no borrowed bat is going to help you. overcome that.....

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Does anyone have some turfs I can borrow? I have this undiagnosed fungus on my feet and I don't want to pollute my new turfs until I can figure out what it is. Please clean them and shine em up before you send em cuz I gots to look good out there.

Spear13

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Shouldn't this thread be in the "Softball Bats - Borrowing and Lending" forum? Damn mods not doing their jobs......