Turf question-cushion

SlushyBOB

Noodle Arm
I'm looking for some light mid-turfs for an infielder that have extra cushion for my old tired feet! What is a good one to get? My feet have been hurting after games so I'm trying to find some with some good cushion.

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
Mizuno Blasts with a insole...... The toe box is pretty narrow, though, so if you have wide feed you might have to go up a size.

Audiyoda

I Likee Do da Cha Cha
My only problem with Mizuno's turfs - any of them - is the narrow toe box. But I love their durability.

Boombah IMO has the most comfortable turf on the market - They lasted me about a year which is their only real negative. Otherwise they fit/feel like a good athletic shoe.

pwrbomb1970

Addicted to Softballfans
Boombah makes nice turfs/trails. Do not expect longevity though....5 or 6 months are bout the best I can get outta them but they are comfortable.

mikenfanatic

Star Player
My only problem with Mizuno's turfs - any of them - is the narrow toe box. But I love their durability.

Boombah IMO has the most comfortable turf on the market - They lasted me about a year which is their only real negative. Otherwise they fit/feel like a good athletic shoe.

^^This exactly. I currently have the boombahs and I am waiting on the durabilty. I like the wide fit at the toe. I had the mizunos and they lasted me a long time but the fit was snug.

BigShep

Who's Your Daddy!
Buy Miz Blasts. Go to a store that sells good running shoes and buy closed-cell foam Spenco inserts. Take out the insoles that come with the Blasts and put in the Spenco's. That's what my podiatrist recommended and it works well.

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
I've been suffering through narrow blasts and finally ordered some vengence turfs from boombah.. they said go a half size up but with my wide feet, I went with a 13 instead of a 12... Looking forward to trying them. My Resistance trails before the Mizunos were great, they just didn't last an entire season but for the price on closeout, they couldnt be beat.

SlushyBOB

Noodle Arm
Buy Miz Blasts. Go to a store that sells good running shoes and buy closed-cell foam Spenco inserts. Take out the insoles that come with the Blasts and put in the Spenco's. That's what my podiatrist recommended and it works well.

thanks, I'll look into the spenco inserts.

Still haven't decided what to try yet.

Garus

Addicted to Softballfans
Beebe turfs are really comfortable shoes. Don't know the durability of them yet, but the comfort is great.

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
I had the Mizuno Blasts and thought they were pretty comfortable and switched to the Boombah Bullet 3's and they were far more comfortable and this year I tried the 3n2 Momentums and My feet have never been more comfortable.

Audiyoda

I Likee Do da Cha Cha
I do like my Mizuno Blasts - but my foot is so damn wide I can only wear them for doubleheader and no more. Even ordered them a full size wider. As nice as they are I'll be buying some Boombahs soon. I read somewhere the Rage Mids have a much more durable sole.

SlushyBOB

Noodle Arm
I had the Mizuno Blasts and thought they were pretty comfortable and switched to the Boombah Bullet 3's and they were far more comfortable and this year I tried the 3n2 Momentums and My feet have never been more comfortable.

I have had a pair of the momentums and I liked them, but they didn't last very long.

HAVOC34

NorCal COMbatant
I'm looking for some light mid-turfs for an infielder that have extra cushion for my old tired feet! What is a good one to get? My feet have been hurting after games so I'm trying to find some with some good cushion.

Sounds like someone's not gellin'!!:D

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been using my adidas kanadias, light weight and comfortable

I played in my Nike Air Alvords the other day and I think that's all I'll ever play in. Boombahs hurt my feet, my 3n2s have lasted, but Blasts are the most durable and best turfs overall. Pitching, the narrow toe box is starting to kill me though. Where I played soccer my toes fold under each other, and after backpedaling all day my bottoms of my last two toes are raw. The closest I'll come to turfs again are like the Nike Elite pregames the store sells which are really like tennis shoes. It's all trail shoes for me. At least as long as they last.