Turned 40

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Ooooh, 40. You are just hitting your prime. I don't see how this is considered senior in many states. I am ready to retire from the youngin's, and I still have 3 years to go for seniors here(50+).

shawn400ft

Retired Army Vet
What if I feel 50 plus? I hurt myself sleeping just the other day. I was out of commission for a whole week

Dogue

Evil Genius
You can't come into the Senior section and complain about being 40. I'll be 49 in 2 wks and can tell you...it only gets worse! As you get older you buy ibuprofen in bulk, show up early for games so you can stretch, only dive/slide when absolutely necessary, and you learn that all-day tourney's are the devil's work.

batter4u

Addicted to Softballfans
sorry guys but at 72, I can t consider anyone in their 40's as being a senior softball player and needing a senior bat to hit a softball 300 ft. your should realize what the motivation for 40$ senior ball really is all about. junior -senior ball sounds about right.... keep playing and have fun,

stork

So when you whipper-snappers get to be our age, you can go 'damn, they were right'. You are expected to carry this on. It's how things work.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bought a SR bat because you could swing them sometimes in GA at 40. Up here it's 50+ only. Thank goodness I kept it in the plastic.

stork

I have a Legit and Elder still in the plastic. I will break them out soon...

shawn400ft

Retired Army Vet
I was just wondering, some young 20 something the other day said I should be playing senior ball. I figured he said that because I sucked, not because of my age.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm trying not to buy any seniors right now although I want to try some but around here I'll be eligible next year to play (juniors) senior ball lol..

I'm only allowed to use singlewall aluminum until I hit 57 then I can use double wall aluminum and if/when I hit 63 I can use anything except outlaws..

1STUNNA

Addicted to Softballfans
sorry guys but at 72, I can t consider anyone in their 40's as being a senior softball player and needing a senior bat to hit a softball 300 ft. your should realize what the motivation for 40$ senior ball really is all about. junior -senior ball sounds about right.... keep playing and have fun,

I am 45 and play 3B so the reason why I bought and swing senior bats is to return the favor to the opposing team not to hit 300+ FT bombs.