U trip or asa bat against .52 300

Linedrive83

Addicted to Softballfans
For some reason our league is allowing u trip bats now. My question is we hit 52 core 300 balls. Is a u trip bat good against this ball vs a top asa bat? What's the difference?

Dan411

Star Player
The difference, if any, is negligible. We too, hit 52/300 balls, under ASA rules, and are allowed to hit both ASA and Utrip bats (no seniors, nothing on the banned list). I see a lot of seasoned players here who choose to game both Utrip and ASA stamped bats. Both stamps perform well with that ball. Of course there are some turds in the ASA punch bowl as well as the Utrip's.

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
Our league has done this also. Cant really tell a huge difference between the two when hitting the 52/300. Can the same be said for utrip leagues? ASA only bat better for utrip ball? Haven't played utrip in years which is why I ask.

Dan411

Star Player
Our league has done this also. Cant really tell a huge difference between the two when hitting the 52/300. Can the same be said for utrip leagues? ASA only bat better for utrip ball? Haven't played utrip in years which is why I ask.
Most new stamp ASA bats will smoke the utrip balls, but durability will be a problem hitting those harder balls (like the classic M).