U Trip

JDuB24

Addicted to Softballfans
I am gonna be pitching I'm my first U Trip tourney coming up soon here. What are some different things I can do to keep the hitters off balance?

jgoodew

Addicted to Softballfans
fake pitches, pitch from different angles, pitch from anywhere within 6' of the rubber, etc., etc.

riotact

don't pitch, learn to hit
Fakes. Fast pitches with some pitches that have decent arc (8ft) mixed in....even though it says 10, you won't get it in my experience.

Jabroni21

Addicted to Softballfans
You only get 3 fakes correct?

You have 5 seconds to do whatever you want to do after you present the ball to the ump... Just as long as your foot remains on the pitching rubber... You can fake 100 times if you can do it in 5 seconds

timyoung

Panda Smash!
learn a knuckle quick, a curve helps, high arc, low arc, it's not illegal if the batter swings

change things up a lot. Pitch behind the rubber, on the rubber, left side, right side, etc...

DRock88

What's the problem here?
I've seen a guy do multiple variations of a fake then kick dust towards the plate. You literally can't see the ball, then it comes flying out of the cloud of dust. It was done very smoothly, too.

Chris_R

I Thought I Reacted Well
I've seen a guy do multiple variations of a fake then kick dust towards the plate. You literally can't see the ball, then it comes flying out of the cloud of dust. It was done very smoothly, too.

That sounds like a good way to catch one in the nuts on the mound. :D

DRock88

What's the problem here?
That sounds like a good way to catch one in the nuts on the mound. :D

I, honestly, don't get caught up in all of the shenanigans that a pitcher does on the mound when I'm at the plate. The ball still has to be thrown 3'-10' and will more than likely end up being hittable. But, it was very entertaining nonetheless.

WISEGUY18

Not Very Wise
I like to do the windmill, spin your arm around like a fastpitch delivery and keep it going, after letting go of the ball continue the arm movement, but get that glove ready.

NorCal5150

Rep for GS Sports
Change speeds and eye levels! Jukes are only good if you can actually throw strikes while juking.... When in doubt keep the ball as flat as the umpire will let you get away with.