U2 max vs. Bass Assassin

BRAIN

Rookie
Me and Macho went to take some BP today off a tee. First of all I am not a tee person and I had trouble hitting the balls. My swing is usually a high leg kick swing. Off a tee I have to take a short stride and swing away.
My Assassin has over 400 hits on it. Has a slight rattle (ever since about 50 hits but has not gotten worse) but no webbing, paint chipping or cracks. Very solid bat. The U2 max I just got from Curveball. It looks like it has several hundred hits. We were hitting well worn Dudley Elites, Worth Toxic M's, and Worth Hot Dot M's. I have a measuring wheel and measured the furthest ball I hit with both bats. The wind was not blowing at all so it was perfect.
U2 = 343'
Assassin = 335'

All of the balls I hit with the U2 were shorter than the Assassin I just happen to hit that 1 ball further. Call it luck I guess. But 9 of the 10 balls were hit further with the Assassin. My conclusion would be Assassin > U2. FWIW. :)

BRAIN

Rookie
Macho's furthest hit ball was with the Assassin as well. 318' vs about 300' with the U2 max.

rightsideswine

Banned User
Aree these distances where the balls rolled to or where the first hit the ground? Somehow I belive its after the roll measurements...way to stroke. Roll the U2 and the Bass and see what happens, Bass will break in 5 swings afterwards and the U2 will hit 50ft further than it is currently...fact.

BRAIN

Rookie
macho = 318' :confused:

oxymoron ftl?

He is definitely not a tee guy. It took him a half dozen swings atleast before he hit the ball and not the tee. :D We usually take live BP but with only 2 guys my 4 year old sons tee seemed like a good option. Neither of us like to hit off the tee.

BRAIN

Rookie
Aree these distances where the balls rolled to or where the first hit the ground? Somehow I belive its after the roll measurements...way to stroke. Roll the U2 and the Bass and see what happens, Bass will break in 5 swings afterwards and the U2 will hit 50ft further than it is currently...fact.

You think it is after the roll? LOL. I don't roll that way. ;) It was where the ball first landed. No need to roll 2 of the hottest bats made. Plus with a few hundred hit each, they should be GTG.

Morris 14

explain how your hitting off of a tee then walking out 300 and some feet and knowing where the ball landed

Country35

Banned User
I hit the ball further with a recoil then I did a shaved psycho my buddy brought to BP last time....the problem is that your 400 hit assasin could bust at any given moment and you know what people would say "how the hell did it last that long"

BRAIN

Rookie
explain how your hitting off of a tee then walking out 300 and some feet and knowing where the ball landed

This is dumb but if you must know. Me hitting the ball and Macho 300+ feet away marking where they landed. And vice versa. It's not rocket science. ;)

BRAIN

Rookie
I hit the ball further with a recoil then I did a shaved psycho my buddy brought to BP last time....the problem is that your 400 hit assasin could bust at any given moment and you know what people would say "how the hell did it last that long"

I must have got a lemon. :D

BRAIN

Rookie
lol just wanted to see the answer...alot of ppl lie ya know:D

I hear you. I will say this. I have hit some shots during games that I swore were close to 400'. Hitting on an open field I hit some balls that looked just as far as those 400'ers but only measured in the 330' range. It makes you wonder about some of the distance claims on here where they don't actually measure but rather assume. ;)

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
I hear you. I will say this. I have hit some shots during games that I swore were close to 400'. Hitting on an open field I hit some balls that looked just as far as those 400'ers but only measured in the 330' range. It makes you wonder about some of the distance claims on here where they don't actually measure but rather assume. ;)

It is much better on the ego to assume than to actually measure. :D

PracticeSquad7

Addicted to Softballfans
It is much better on the ego to assume than to actually measure. :D

That goes for many things in life.. hence why women shouldn't be in construction.

| |

Men have been telling them that the distance between those lines is 6 inches their whole life. :D

I can't hit off a tee either. Just feels weird and I can't get the distance away and in front of me right. Live BP ftw.

MachoBarracho

Hispanic causin' Panic
I was there doing the measuring and some of the hitting, I was having problems hitting off of the tee. I was very impressed with the Assassin, the difference between that and the U2 Max was negligible. We were also being very conservative with the measurements.

FWIW, I also have a Assassin with about 250 hits on it, it rattles but still no webbing or cracking. It still feels a little odd but when you make contact with the sweet spot the ball explodes off of the bat.

Last edited:

Country35

Banned User
FYI board bros who play tounrey ball........if the assasin is that great it will be outlawed soon, no to mention dont even begin to hope its gonna pass a compression test.