Ufc 156

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
the only way i see jones losing is getting caught running into something trying to do something flashy. he does take a few chances trying to land something spectacular every so often.

Jones is bigger and younger than Silva so he may do it rather easily. I see him cleaning out the light heavy division and then getting his clocked cleaned as a heavy.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
Jones is bigger and younger than Silva so he may do it rather easily. I see him cleaning out the light heavy division and then getting his clocked cleaned as a heavy.

This. I really don't want him to move up. He's just not big enough. And puttin on 20-25 lbs to try to even the field is not a good thing for him. He needs to stay put and just go to heavyweight every now and then against a bottom feeder like silva does at 205

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
This. I really don't want him to move up. He's just not big enough. And puttin on 20-25 lbs to try to even the field is not a good thing for him. He needs to stay put and just go to heavyweight every now and then against a bottom feeder like silva does at 205

But he is one guy I see trying that challenge. He is 6-4 and has the frame to carry 230. As he gets older, it's going to get harder to make the cut. He looks decidedly bigger (shoulders, lats and height) against every light heavy he faces. He is going to get bored at that division and try to the the greatest of all time by moving up. That's what I see in his future.

Unless there is one or 2 young light heavy superstars that come up through that division soon, I don't see him hanging around fighting has beens. After (assuming) he rolls through Silva, what is left?

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
Exactly why would Pettis drop down to fight a guy who is damn near unbeatable when the champion of his own weight class he has already beaten in a 5 round title fight?

You people make so little sense when it comes to MMA it's hilarious.

Doesn't really matter. Dana has a cash cow of a fight in Pettis/Bendo II. "The Kick" Rematch. They are fighting next. Pettis has already been named #1 contender.

Where we at with this Mr. MMA Insider?

juice64011

Addicted to Softballfans
So many things wrong with this. You say Belfort let go??? Stop it. Jones is damn good in bjj that's why he got out of it. And guess what not being on your back means your really good at take down defense. Not that you're not good at it. Chuck Liddell was probably the best wrestler in 205 forever but did you see him use it??? And because he got hit you're saying he has whole in his stand up??? Everyone gets hit. Everyone. He does not have any holes. Not one. He wins the fight everytime, no matter where it goes. To say he has holes is just crazy. Anderson silva said he has no holes. But you think he does??? Ill take Anderson's opinion.

Vitor said that he felt and heard the pop and eased up a bit because he didn't want to cause more damage and thought that it would be over. That led to Jones getting out. TDD doesn't have anything to do with how comfortable you are on your back. You might not end up there as much but great wrestlers like Cormier have the power and skills to do it so that could be a hole in his game.

Also Machida said that he has found some holes in Jones' game, I will take his word for it since he has fought the man before, hit him harder than anyone else, and is widely considered to have won that first round in a fight that he took on short notice.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
Vitor said that he felt and heard the pop and eased up a bit because he didn't want to cause more damage and thought that it would be over. That led to Jones getting out. TDD doesn't have anything to do with how comfortable you are on your back. You might not end up there as much but great wrestlers like Cormier have the power and skills to do it so that could be a hole in his game.

Also Machida said that he has found some holes in Jones' game, I will take his word for it since he has fought the man before, hit him harder than anyone else, and is widely considered to have won that first round in a fight that he took on short notice.

So you're telling me the guy that lost has an excuse to why he lost??? Now way!!! That's a first. No Belfort did not let up. No one of his experience lets up until he's stopped. No one. That's mma 101. Don't stop until you're told. And if machida found holes why didn't he win?? Getting hit is not a hole. Everyone gets hit you're arguments are terrible.

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
I'ma get me some horse meat fo sho!!! And yes that was ****ing awesome when he went back just to talk ****. Best part of the entire card. I think Velasquez will fight jds again. It's the only fight that makes sense. No one in the division is on a winning streak really. Stephan Struve is but he isn't a top 5 guy. Jds is really the only one that makes sense. It would t surprise me to see Cormier get a shot though. They love that champion vs champion ****. Oh and I think Edgar got ****ed on the cards last night. He clearly won 4 and 5 and 3 was a draw but he pushed the pace he entire time so I gave him 3 also. 49-46 is absolutely retarded judging.

I'm happy to see that they gave the title shot to Silva, that way we get to see JDS beat the **** out Overeem.

stickem

after seeing the weigh in pics side by side of the bigfoot and brock fight he definatley wasn't as cut and looked flabby in the mid section. still big as **** but you can tell a difference. i bet he keeps a hand or two up this time.lol

rockhold got one hell of a welcome to the ufc with vitor on brazil.