Unsanctioned Super Blue Dots

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Worth has made Blue Dots for probably 30 years. The ball itself is nothing new. However, in the last few years I've noticed some Super Blue Dots produced that have no sanction stamp on them. In fact, there's no info at all on the ball in relation to cor/compression.

In the old days, Blue Dots were always .47 525 or .47 500.

I don't know what the new Super Blue Dots are rated at, but they are freaking MISSILES. Even compared to other high cor/compression balls these things stand out. I've hit many other variations of Blue Dots in the last 20 years, and the unsanctioned ones are probably the best I've ever seen.

These balls combine compression and cor well. They have a hard, yet somewhat bouncy feel off the bat. I added one to my BP bag recently, and it immediately drew my attention for how well it flew. The unsanctioned Super Blue Dot is on par with mircocell X Rocks. It outflies stadiums fairly easily. It also outdid an Ultimate Evil.

I guess my point in creating this thread is to let everyone know how good unsanctioned Super Blue Dots really are. For those who play in unsanctioned tournies, this ball is very much worth a look. Synthetic cover too, which makes it even more impressive.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The super blue dots i had back in the day were rated minimum 47/525. They were called super dupers i believe, and i think i even had some red dot super dupers.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
The super blue dots i had back in the day were rated minimum 47/525. They were called super dupers i believe, and i think i even had some red dot super dupers.

I have a Super Duper Blue Dot, but I've never hit it. The ball is well over 10 years old. I may bring it out next time I go for BP. I haven't seen a Red Dot in years either.

Hiltz

Built for comfort

I have a couple Super Duper Red Dots that I found in a clearance bin. White leather cover, white stitching, .50 COR. They don't have the compression labelled but they feel like golf balls, I'd guess well over 500#. The covers are super tight and the balls seem slightly smaller than regulation.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I have a couple Super Duper Red Dots that I found in a clearance bin. White leather cover, white stitching, .50 COR. They don't have the compression labelled but they feel like golf balls, I'd guess well over 500#. The covers are super tight and the balls seem slightly smaller than regulation.

My Super Duper has a SYCO cover and blue stitching. It says MINIMUM .47 cor. Doesn't list compression. Next time I hit I'll throw it in the BP bag and see how it does.

I found this particular ball like 10 years ago at a (now defunct) park north of Denver that was bring your own ball. They literally allowed anything. I'd find all sorts of unsanctioned hot balls up there.

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
Blue Dots single handledly caused our leagues to go metal only back in the early days of composites when everyone was hitting them 350-400' with Ultra's and OG Synergy's lol

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
TW, there is no new secret poly core out there. Once you get in the high 500s for compression you risk cores shattering, thats why I laugh at the Worth 650. Just enough to "Out Spec" the Ultimate Evils. A true 650 comp ball may not last more than 100 hits before the core started to powder.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
TW, there is no new secret poly core out there. Once you get in the high 500s for compression you risk cores shattering, thats why I laugh at the Worth 650. Just enough to "Out Spec" the Ultimate Evils. A true 650 comp ball may not last more than 100 hits before the core started to powder.

I think some of what makes a ball "hot" is its weight. These Blue Dots seem a tad on the heavy side. They penetrate well and come off the bat like missiles.

Some of the lighter weight balls don't fly as far, despite being hard.

Platinum Dots are still the furthest flying thing I've ever hit. They're smaller than normal, hard, and heavy.

jhitman

Worth has made Blue Dots for probably 30 years. The ball itself is nothing new. However, in the last few years I've noticed some Super Blue Dots produced that have no sanction stamp on them. In fact, there's no info at all on the ball in relation to cor/compression.

In the old days, Blue Dots were always .47 525 or .47 500.

I don't know what the new Super Blue Dots are rated at, but they are freaking MISSILES. Even compared to other high cor/compression balls these things stand out. I've hit many other variations of Blue Dots in the last 20 years, and the unsanctioned ones are probably the best I've ever seen.

These balls combine compression and cor well. They have a hard, yet somewhat bouncy feel off the bat. I added one to my BP bag recently, and it immediately drew my attention for how well it flew. The unsanctioned Super Blue Dot is on par with mircocell X Rocks. It outflies stadiums fairly easily. It also outdid an Ultimate Evil.

I guess my point in creating this thread is to let everyone know how good unsanctioned Super Blue Dots really are. For those who play in unsanctioned tournies, this ball is very much worth a look. Synthetic cover too, which makes it even more impressive.

Me and a buddy of mine got some last year to help speed up breaking in some new bats. You are right these things fly. I was assuming they are 47 cor 525 comp but I don't believe their is a marking on them. I will have to look next time we hit. But I think the site I got them from stated 47 cor 525 comp. Not only to break in bats we hit them to help our egos....LOL After hitting dead 52's it's a nice change of paste.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Me and a buddy of mine got some last year to help speed up breaking in some new bats. You are right these things fly. I was assuming they are 47 cor 525 comp but I don't believe their is a marking on them. I will have to look next time we hit. But I think the site I got them from stated 47 cor 525 comp. Not only to break in bats we hit them to help our egos....LOL After hitting dead 52's it's a nice change of paste.

All the new Blue Dots I have don't have any association stamp, nor do they list cor/compression.

I assume they're .47 525. They're legit. They fly at least as well as stadiums, maybe even better.

jhitman

All the new Blue Dots I have don't have any association stamp, nor do they list cor/compression.

I assume they're .47 525. They're legit. They fly at least as well as stadiums, maybe even better.

I spoke to the rep I got them from and they are 47 cor 525 comps. I had stadium balls, but these were far better IMO. The older stadium balls were legit, but the new ones I purchased about a year ago stunk. They were not much better than my 52's. Maybe got a bad batch?

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
They are not going to make a New core and compression mixture for an unsanctioned ball that wont sell more than 10000 dozen per year. Goes to show you the so called 650 ball is 47-525 as well.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I spoke to the rep I got them from and they are 47 cor 525 comps. I had stadium balls, but these were far better IMO. The older stadium balls were legit, but the new ones I purchased about a year ago stunk. They were not much better than my 52's. Maybe got a bad batch?

I've definitely seen lousy batches of stadiums before. You really notice it in the heat. A good stadium ball won't mush up, but a bad one will.

jhitman

I've definitely seen lousy batches of stadiums before. You really notice it in the heat. A good stadium ball won't mush up, but a bad one will.

The batch that I got when I hit the ball there was not a good carry at all no matter what temp was outside. Also, noticed they didn't roll out at all. The ball would hit the ground and roll way less distance that the 52's or my Super Blue dots. The originals that I got about 6-7 years ago would fly great even after being hit for 2-3 years. Not sure what happened with the newer stadium ball, but will never buy them again.

Last edited:

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
The batch that I git when I hit the ball there was not a good carry at all no matter what temp was outside. Also, noticed they didn't roll out at all. The ball would hit the ground and roll way less distance that the 52's or my Super Blue dots. The originals that I got about 6-7 years ago would fly great even after being hit for 2-3 years. Not sure what happened with the newer stadium ball, but will never buy them again.

I find stadium balls down in Viera every year. I probably have a couple hundred of them. There are almost endless batches of stadiums. The great majority of them are hard and perform very well.

I haven't seen "bad batch" stadiums in years. A couple years ago there were complaints that too many HRs were being hit at the major world series in Viera. I found some of those balls, and they're rock hard.

jhitman

I find stadium balls down in Viera every year. I probably have a couple hundred of them. There are almost endless batches of stadiums. The great majority of them are hard and perform very well.

I haven't seen "bad batch" stadiums in years. A couple years ago there were complaints that too many HRs were being hit at the major world series in Viera. I found some of those balls, and they're rock hard.

The ones I had were hard, but had no umph to them at all. The ones I bought 6-7 years ago would fly a mile even after hitting them hundreds of times. I must have gotten a bad batch. I distance tested them side by side with 44's and 47's and the stadiums were flying far less distance even though they are advertised at something like 600 comp. I ended up losing a few and trashed the rest.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
The ones I had were hard, but had no umph to them at all. The ones I bought 6-7 years ago would fly a mile even after hitting them hundreds of times. I must have gotten a bad batch. I distance tested them side by side with 44's and 47's and the stadiums were flying far less distance even though they are advertised at something like 600 comp. I ended up losing a few and trashed the rest.

Stadiums definitely are NOT advertised at 600 compression. They're .47 450. Stadiums definitely aren't the hardest balls out there. They combine higher cor and mid compression to make a pretty solid ball overall.

Blue Dots are harder than stadiums, and I think they fly slightly further.

I have seen a few of the mysterious, dead stadiums you speak of. They feel like .44 375s and get exponentially worse when it gets hot out.

tonys1

You seem to post a lot about bad softballs, you must have terrible luck

jhitman

You seem to post a lot about bad softballs, you must have terrible luck

It seems that way. The 47 cor 525 comp Super Blue dots were great. They are great for loosening up or breaking in new bats and fly way better than the stadium balls.

jhitman

Stadiums definitely are NOT advertised at 600 compression. They're .47 450. Stadiums definitely aren't the hardest balls out there. They combine higher cor and mid compression to make a pretty solid ball overall.

Blue Dots are harder than stadiums, and I think they fly slightly further.

I have seen a few of the mysterious, dead stadiums you speak of. They feel like .44 375s and get exponentially worse when it gets hot out.

I would agree they are not as advertised. Those 47 cor Blue dots really fly especially with a good Utrip bat. I was hitting them the other day it was giving me flashbacks of the days of the Ultra2.