USA vs. Canada Selects

Chudder

Addicted to Softballfans
After watching LSXFreaks video last night I went in to the vault and watched some old videos because I'm a total loser and have no real personal life.

I've watched this game a dozen times, was one of the best games I've ever seen.

Top 7 Ryan Wood makes the best play I've ever seen live on Denny Crine, and then the next 2 balls could have been outs as well, and then the US squad turns on the jets and never looks back.

Most people never would have seen it so I thought I would post the link.

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=70FhGjbNoo4[/ame]

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Love watching games. Hard to find them anywhere so when I do I always make sure and watch them. I'll have to mark this one for later.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
I watched this last week some time and was surprised/excited to see you playing Chudder. I hollered at my wife and told her "I know that guy, I talk to him on softballfans" she didn't understand why I was jumping up and down on the bed JK. I loved seeing your back side gap swing, it was a thing of beauty. I also watched the HR Derby where the announcers might have had something to drink.

Chudder

Addicted to Softballfans
I watched this last week some time and was surprised/excited to see you playing Chudder. I hollered at my wife and told her "I know that guy, I talk to him on softballfans" she didn't understand why I was jumping up and down on the bed JK. I loved seeing your back side gap swing, it was a thing of beauty. I also watched the HR Derby where the announcers might have had something to drink.

Hahaha...thanks... I jump up and down on the bed too... lol

I ended up watching it again right now on my tablet, such a good game.

As far as softball is considered this was the most meaningful game I've ever played in. It was the 1st time my father and son both had the chance to watch me play live. I had the privilege of being able to play against a long time good friend as well as the honor to be asked to play in the game by Softball Canada.

Plus, we were so close to winning that game and every single second of it was nail biting. .. something I'll remember forever...

PHX5054

Addicted to Softballfans
What happened to the pitcher in the top of the 7th? Did the ball hit him or did he glove it? The camera cuts to a different angle and hard to tell because of the fence post.

Chudder

Addicted to Softballfans
What happened to the pitcher in the top of the 7th? Did the ball hit him or did he glove it? The camera cuts to a different angle and hard to tell because of the fence post.

We thought it drilled him right in the hip when it happened but it actually hit him right in the palm of his glove, Idk how it didn't break something..

It dropped him like a stone and then he saw the ball, did a barrel roll and got the ball to 1st for the out... Was honestly the best play I have ever seen a pitcher make in such a massive clutch moment ..

ramrod55

Famously unfamous
That was a great game to watch. I bought the link to play all of them.
I wanted to watch parr and yourself play mostly.
Kinda felt like a groupie.

Jomatty

Starting Player
It's always fun to watch a softball game with announcers and decent camera work. Does anyone know what glove Jeff mcgavern is using?

Last edited:

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I love how I just watched Kirby and Helmer take walks, but the douchers I play league with are too good for that....... :rolleyes:

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I came to swing the bat bro.

I ain't your bro bro........

A couple of things I noticed:

Not all hitter are hitting away from the 5th man, or the shift. They're going with the pitch and the count rather than force it. So, I'm not totally wrong when I don't do it, even though there are guys who say to always go away from it.

Great hitters, are not above taking a walk for their team.

Great hitters sometimes fly out, but don't feel the need to throw their bat and yell, "****!!!!!!" at the top of their voice

When an outfielder has to move left or right for a ball, the runner is looking to get two and not just trotting out their hit.

Canada's uniforms are better looking.

I saw at least one dude still rocking the mullet haircut.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
If a person can't

A) suck their pride up and take a walk
B) contain their tantrum because they popped out swinging at a pitch at their eyes
C) not run stuff out

They earn their way onto my **** list pretty quick.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
This was a great game Chudder! I actually am just like you I have watched this game a pile of times also. lol

Woody well lets face it he is plain awesome at defending the middle always has been! With that huge out he makes on Crine then my boy Lee takes that extra second to throw (not sure if he lost the grip or what) but he had the second out. Then well Hook never misses a ball and wouldn't you know he misses one of the most important ones in his life. And like you mentioned the US puts down the pedal and never looks back. lol

But still a great game definitely the best one of the weekend at this event!

It was a pleasure to watch some of the guys I have had the opportunity to play against for a number of years at the CC's. Going to make my return this year with Jeff and Fuel so we will need to have a couple cold ones and chat bud!

See ya in August!

MB (Chad):cool:

ryanclink

goes hard your way catch
I ain't your bro bro........

Not all hitter are hitting away from the 5th man, or the shift. They're going with the pitch and the count rather than force it. So, I'm not totally wrong when I don't do it, even though there are guys who say to always go away from it.

Great hitters sometimes fly out, but don't feel the need to throw their bat and yell, "****!!!!!!" at the top of their voice

When an outfielder has to move left or right for a ball, the runner is looking to get two and not just trotting out their hit.

I read this and saw only one glaring thing - "Great hitters sometimes fly out, but don't feel the need to yell ***"...
I respectfully disagree as every single popout of mine goes like this - :soapbox:

Chudder

Addicted to Softballfans
This was a great game Chudder! I actually am just like you I have watched this game a pile of times also. lol

Woody well lets face it he is plain awesome at defending the middle always has been! With that huge out he makes on Crine then my boy Lee takes that extra second to throw (not sure if he lost the grip or what) but he had the second out. Then well Hook never misses a ball and wouldn't you know he misses one of the most important ones in his life. And like you mentioned the US puts down the pedal and never looks back. lol

But still a great game definitely the best one of the weekend at this event!

It was a pleasure to watch some of the guys I have had the opportunity to play against for a number of years at the CC's. Going to make my return this year with Jeff and Fuel so we will need to have a couple cold ones and chat bud!

See ya in August!

MB (Chad):cool:

I completely agree with your breakdown of the game.

Beers are a must!

Chudder

Addicted to Softballfans
I love how I just watched Kirby and Helmer take walks, but the douchers I play league with are too good for that....... :rolleyes:

lol'ed. so true!

these pitchers are the best there is, you go up with a game plan but if they get up on you things change a little

kinda true, however these great hitters are also told that you're playing for your country and it's televised and to not embarrass yourself/country

and players and women and nation and so on :)

called hockey hair, we rock it with confidence

fives55

Addicted to Softballfans
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But you do have to give credit to "All American Tent and Awning" for being able to outfit Filby and Helmer.

M

MJL 00

Of course you do, wouldn't know unfortunately don't care for malt liquor, bring out he Crown and Vodka LMAO