Using Nets in games???

massn8v

Addicted to Softballfans
One of our church leagues around here also uses a net.. If a batter hits the net its an automatic out.. and if someone is throwing the ball home or something and hits it... its a dead ball.

So if you have a play at home and you hit the net, what happens to the runner? Does he have to go back to third or take home? Either way, it seems like a huge disadvantage for one of the teams. I think it's a lame idea.

joshnewman05

Addicted to Softballfans
So if you have a play at home and you hit the net, what happens to the runner? Does he have to go back to third or take home? Either way, it seems like a huge disadvantage for one of the teams. I think it's a lame idea.

The runner would get home in that case. But honestly we used the net all last year and so far the season this year.. and I have never saw 1 ball hit the screen by someone trying to throw the ball home or anything like that. The only thing I have saw alot is people hitting it for an out.

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran

How is it a disadvantage for ONE of the teams, they are both playing on the same field with the screen in place?

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
We should really reevaluate what technology has done to the game. I would rather play with wood bats then with a net.

^^ This ^^

Composites just help to many bad hitters to hit better.

I would rather see league-supplied wood bats than a screen.

But doubt we could now get people to give them up after so much $ spent...

tnichols

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah this ^^^^ - we had a wood bat tourney here at the begining of the season and 95% of what I call the "lady schick players" wouldn't come play - matter of fact their whole team dropped out... scared someone might see what they really are... There were only two of us that hit one out all day. Plus wood bats make me look good at 3rd base!!!