Need Help usps

matt_lucero54

Banned User
Shipped a package that never tracked and just wondering if you just take the guys word he never got it and refund the money due to usps not being able to verify if it was lost or delivered today. It was shipped last monday.

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
USPS Tracking is horrible. I'd give it at least an additional week maybe 2. Also, call USPS with the number to see if there's anything they can do

markcarranza80

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd go w/J's advice. I'm n same boat. Bro sent me pix of bat being post marked and tracking #, but it shows no trail. Bro is GTG, so I'm not too worried. Been in constant contact w/him so we're jus gonna give it another week or so

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
I had the same problem about 3 weeks ago, I shipped the bat out to TX from NC, "supposedly" it was suppose to take 2 days. On the 2nd day the buyer had not received the bat, no tracking was to be found, 6 days later same thing. On the 9th day the bat shows up and still no tracking.

doubles

Addicted to Softballfans
I would definitely wait and/or call USPS. They can do a little more digging behind the scenes then what we can see.

hit50more

Addicted to Softballfans
This seems to be a Major problem of late. I guess the employees don't take the time to punch it into the system so the reason it can't be found.
I've had couple in the last month & this was explained as the problem. Its sucks because you are referred to the central distribution center & for
the most part nobody really gives a Damn. They just keep passing the buck!

cpl40475

Coach
I have a bat supposed to been delivered yesterday, today no bat but Tracking says it was to be delivered yesterday. When I checked tracking online still shows leaving a sort facility in Tampa. Guy I traded with already has his bat. Gotta love when USPS screws up

markcarranza80

Addicted to Softballfans
The whole deal sounds like it flat out sux for both buyer and seller. What's proper wait time before refund is issued? Tomorrow will b 2 weeks and I'm n same boat w/a GTG bro. Tracking # doesn't show up on USPS at all

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
I did a trade before w/a guy in Cali...he got the bat I sent him in 2 days, I didn't get the bat he sent me for 13 days...both shipped same day w/priority insurance USPS....and I bought a bat from a guy in Cali once that he shipped USPS priority and it got to me in less than 24 hours....gotta love good ol' usps

matt_lucero54

Banned User
yeah usps said it was miss placed and box might have gotten distroyed, this was a very thick hard box, no way it gets distorted. insurance claim is in. just waiting. tomorrow was 2 weeks, i believe the guy is stand up guy, if he gets the computer he will either send it to me or the money. sad for him cause i cut him 1 heck of a deal and he needs a computer now for online school.

markcarranza80

Addicted to Softballfans
My guess is that somebody at USPS has a sweet new laptop!

I hope the insurance claim goes through quickly for you.

I hope thats not the case. but chances are, it is. How does the insurance thing work? Did you insure it for alot more than it was sold for? how do they determine the value for it

Sonic625

An Admin
Staff member
You have to have proof of value (receipt) they then depreciate from the time it was bought.
So you can insure it for $600 but if the receipt says $500 and was from 4 years ago you will probably get around $250