USSSA Men's Upper League/Spokane County

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
LOL, I just realized something. The ASA and USSSA leagues will be using the same ball. USSSA is upper and ASA is middle to lower/rec leagues. The only problem is the ASA bats are hotter. SMH

LEGENDARY17

Star Player
Thanks for the input keep it coming guys and if I get enough feedback, quick enough, it'd probably be easier to secure Franklin than Merkel.

Your gonna get a pitcher hurt pretty bad if Utrip is at Franklin an I'm pretty sure you'll have less team that would wanna play next season

Thompson

Addicted to Softballfans
Since all the teams playing Usssa are really D teams maybe we should use the state D rules for home runs 2 then outs. That will keep the balls in the park more an give teams the chance to play the way they would in a real tourney.

ShaneDuncan

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree with Brewser. I actually like Plantes alot. The location is awesome. The fields arent horrible but they need to be upgraded greatly though. With the costs we all pay to play I would think upgrades shouldn't be that tough. Fences should be added which wouldn't be that diffecult of expensive. Those mesh net fences they have are garbage, all the holes and tears I have seen lead to some nasty falls when people run into them or flip over them.

I was working in the Tri-Cities for a month and took alot of BP while out there. All of the complexes I found out there put plantes and Franklin to shame.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Since all the teams playing Usssa are really D teams maybe we should use the state D rules for home runs 2 then outs. That will keep the balls in the park more an give teams the chance to play the way they would in a real tourney.

Horrible idea........I can tell you this. When the homeruns are gone.......I'm going middle. Middle is the biggest hole on the field and I guarantee you if we're hitting well......I'll be shooting middle four times a game.....And I ain't the only one. Someone will get hurt.

LEGENDARY17

Star Player
Horrible idea........I can tell you this. When the homeruns are gone.......I'm going middle. Middle is the biggest hole on the field and I guarantee you if we're hitting well......I'll be shooting middle four times a game.....And I ain't the only one. Someone will get hurt.

True that... :eek:

Maybe Joel can buy the pitchers some hockey gear. Lol
I wouldn't wanna pitch at Franklin let alone field a ground ball on those nasty as.s Infield in Utrip play

hairy bear

spitting up a hair ball
thanks joel. i will bring my stuff down to have it tested. how long should it take to get 3 or bats tested.

eblockman

Starting Player
5 minutes to test bats! Also, I've received enough feedback on here and by phone and we're going to play at Plantes if Merkel falls through. What is everyone's thought on the homerun levels?? I know you can ALL hit them, but what do you think about 5 homeruns then dead ball out?? It would make it way more defensive and more about TRUE hitting. I mean we were already chasing ball after ball even at Merkel! Obviously, those are my thoughts. What are yours?!?

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
5 minutes to test bats! Also, I've received enough feedback on here and by phone and we're going to play at Plantes if Merkel falls through. What is everyone's thought on the homerun levels?? I know you can ALL hit them, but what do you think about 5 homeruns then dead ball out?? It would make it way more defensive and more about TRUE hitting. I mean we were already chasing ball after ball even at Merkel! Obviously, those are my thoughts. What are yours?!?

True hitting of me driving right back up the box in the 2nd inning when all of our homers are gone......

Matty...OOOOOOO

Addicted to Softballfans
5 homeruns then DBO's is good. Won't make it that much more defensive in my opinion though. Two years ago USSSA at merkel, with the same homerun limits, was seeing 30 and 40 run games happening almost every night. I don't know about other people, but to me, slow pitch is an offensive game.

Also, to help protect pitchers, allow them a "floating rubber" 6 feet from behind the pitchers mound. And with the bat testing, you are up to date on all the procedures to test the bats correct? Different procedures for usssa and asa. And also, will the tester be available during games?

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
5 homeruns then DBO's is good. Won't make it that much more defensive in my opinion though. Two years ago USSSA at merkel, with the same homerun limits, was seeing 30 and 40 run games happening almost every night. I don't know about other people, but to me, slow pitch is an offensive game.

Also, to help protect pitchers, allow them a "floating rubber" 6 feet from behind the pitchers mound. And with the bat testing, you are up to date on all the procedures to test the bats correct? Different procedures for usssa and asa. And also, will the tester be available during games?

The problem with allowing people to get bats tested now, is that morons will get them tested....Approved and then send them out to get shaved...Down the line anyone questions they point to the sticker and say, "Look.....It passed the test....." :D:eek:

eblockman

Starting Player
True, but we have to do ALL that we can. If a guy goes to that length they'll find a way no matter what we do. Also, I WILL hold random bat checks so hopefully they know that! I agree with MATTY...OOOOO that softball is offensive and by offensive I mean placed hits and line drives not HRs. 30-40 HR games aren't what any ball is about, but if the majority wants more we'll go that route.....just my opinion. I won't have the tester available at games as we usually have nearly 200 teams and we couldn't possibly be at every game. I believe the floating rubber is already a USSSA rule anyway, right??

ShaneDuncan

Addicted to Softballfans
The problem with allowing people to get bats tested now, is that morons will get them tested....Approved and then send them out to get shaved...Down the line anyone questions they point to the sticker and say, "Look.....It passed the test....." :D:eek:

Isn't the purpose of the new 52/300 too make the game safer and combat against altered bats? Shaved bats with the softer balls are not nearly as effective.

The only reason I want to get mine tested is I purchased a new ASA stamp only bat and want to make sure they are going to test them properly with the new settings ASA released prior to using the bat. If I will need to return the bat because of it not passing NIW I would like to know ASAP for return reasons.

Matty...OOOOOOO

Addicted to Softballfans
Not 30-40 HR games, 30-40 runs per game. Many of which are not scored by home runs. I'm just trying to say that raising or lowering the HR limit will not make the game more defensive. If a team is hitting well, it doesn't matter what the HR limit is.

The floating rubber rule is more of a choice than a rule. Would just like to make sure it is available to help the pitchers.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
True, but we have to do ALL that we can. If a guy goes to that length they'll find a way no matter what we do. Also, I WILL hold random bat checks so hopefully they know that! I agree with MATTY...OOOOO that softball is offensive and by offensive I mean placed hits and line drives not HRs. 30-40 HR games aren't what any ball is about, but if the majority wants more we'll go that route.....just my opinion. I won't have the tester available at games as we usually have nearly 200 teams and we couldn't possibly be at every game. I believe the floating rubber is already a USSSA rule anyway, right??

I agree that line drives and placed hit are important to the game........But, when teams run out of homers, they adapt to the situation. You hold the homerun limit down and guys tend to place those line drives right back up the middle and the pitcher is standing closer to hitters than anyone on the field. I'm not saying that you should let us hit all that we want, but progressive would give that pitcher a bit of a break when there is one to hit. That's just my take.

Isn't the purpose of the new 52/300 too make the game safer and combat against altered bats? Shaved bats with the softer balls are not nearly as effective.

The only reason I want to get mine tested is I purchased a new ASA stamp only bat and want to make sure they are going to test them properly with the new settings ASA released prior to using the bat. If I will need to return the bat because of it not passing NIW I would like to know ASAP for return reasons.

I'm not certain of anything........I've heard shaved bats, outperform stock with any ball, but the bat companies and associations tell you they don't so you won't swing them......I've also heard that they perform worse. So, can't say either way what is what......Only that I want to play. :)

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep

5 HR's is good IMO. If you make it progressive you have to make sure that all the umps go by the same rules. Every game we played last year it seemed that we had the same argument. Can the home team go up a HR in the bottom of the last inning.

My personal preference would be a flat 5 HR's.

True hitting of me driving right back up the box in the 2nd inning when all of our homers are gone......

We get it George, you are going to kill someone. :rolleyes: Come on dude, we all know you have enough bat control and aren't that guy.

Floating rubber is allowed in USSSA so you don't need to make any special rule, you just need to make sure the umps understand. Of course that floating rubber isn't going to help someone when George comes up and all 5 HRs are gone. ;)

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
We get it George, you are going to kill someone. :rolleyes: Come on dude, we all know you have enough bat control and aren't that guy.

Well.........It wasn't a threat of any kind, but you get 10 guys on a team all thinking like me and driving middle because there are no homers left....That's a lot of balls back near the pitcher...Someone will probably get hurt. Besides, some of my most impressive DBO's have been hit while trying to drive a liner back middle....:(

BTW..........You just smartassed your way out of seeing a video I have.........

hairy bear

spitting up a hair ball
i think that 5hr is going to be good. i also think that we should eliminate the batters box. that way the umps don't make the same crummy call that they pull out of their butts. one guy in particular loves to call it at the best times.

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
Well.........It wasn't a threat of any kind, but you get 10 guys on a team all thinking like me and driving middle because there are no homers left....That's a lot of balls back near the pitcher...Someone will probably get hurt. Besides, some of my most impressive DBO's have been hit while trying to drive a liner back middle....:(

BTW..........You just smartassed your way out of seeing a video I have.........

My account was hacked. :eek: ;)

Pumacat35

Professional Hitter

I know I dont play up there any more but my .02 do soemthing like 5 bumps and progressive to unlimited for league. We have ridiculous numbers for HRs down here and the only guys going middle are those that opps something or literally have no bat control.
It also makes league more fun, show up have a "soda" or 2 with your buddies and swing from your arse!!! Bp is for working on going middle and back side work.

We take bp here before games and I promise you that every pitcher we face is uneasy for a couple of innings if they show up early and see guys peppering the screen. Game time though and guys are trying to yack balls, solos don't matter because you get 5 of them and then progressive. We hit Zs so they jump too.

jerryg10

Addicted to Softballfans
ulimited homeruns no questions asked :) Im with 5 and progressive I always fear for pitchers when we are out of homeruns. Either im excited to start playing this year.

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
Is it really that hard to not go middle? This is a league and the guys you are facing are your friends and in some cases maybe your enemy but regardless it is guys you see every week. Unless Jimmy is on the mound no one should be trying to go middle. :D I know you *******s can avoid hitting the pitcher so don't give me that ****. You just want to be able to hit the long ball because chics dig the long ball. I will keep hitting my bloop singles and still get chics but not everoyne is as sexy as I am so you have to make up for it I guess. :D

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Is it really that hard to not go middle? This is a league and the guys you are facing are your friends and in some cases maybe your enemy but regardless it is guys you see every week. Unless Jimmy is on the mound no one should be trying to go middle. :D I know you *******s can avoid hitting the pitcher so don't give me that ****. You just want to be able to hit the long ball because chics dig the long ball. I will keep hitting my bloop singles and still get chics but not everoyne is as sexy as I am so you have to make up for it I guess. :D

I love you guys................But, I'd knock the beer and cigarette out of my alcoholic mothers hand to get a hit...I'm not going to give up a hit, hit into a shift or stay out of middle just because my friend is out there. I wouldn't expect you to either Jamie. :D

Thompson

Addicted to Softballfans
I love you guys................But, I'd knock the beer and cigarette out of my alcoholic mothers hand to get a hit...I'm not going to give up a hit, hit into a shift or stay out of middle just because my friend is out there. I wouldn't expect you to either Jamie. :D

That is awesome. Lol U should get that saying patented before someone else does. :)

Big D

In the Batter's Box

careful George or you will get the Jesse treatment:
"your not going to have any fun the rest of the day" and was walked every ab from then on