USSSA Men's Upper League/Spokane County

Matty...OOOOOOO

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm hearing that the Upper division of Spring Fling this weekend might be ASA now instead of USSSA? Is there any truth to this? Would like to know as soon as possible so I know if I need to pick up an ASA stick

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
I'm hearing that the Upper division of Spring Fling this weekend might be ASA now instead of USSSA? Is there any truth to this? Would like to know as soon as possible so I know if I need to pick up an ASA stick

That's what I was told as well. Apparently some teams were going to try to convince Joel to make it USSSA but I haven't heard how that went.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
This would be bull****.........From the very beginning it's been Utrip and it's all we've practiced. If some other fools didn't prepare, then tough for them.

ShaneDuncan

Addicted to Softballfans
Not to mention the website shows Usssa, b, c, d, and e leagues.... I was under the impression b league = usssa....

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
the good thing is no one is guessing what ball we will be playing with only 3 days left until the tourney :rolleyes:

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
:eek: Spokane tournaments :mad: :mad:

I know I'm ranting a little bit here, but........It's been on the website since January that it was going to be Utrip. We've been practicing Utrip pitching and hitting.......And now they change it on a Wednesday?? Really??....Tough **** for the ones who didn't prepare for it. Now, because of their lack of preparation, the tourney changes format. Seems kind of silly to me.

WARNECKE57

Addicted to Softballfans
WOW thats awsome...nothin like get bats tested play utrip now not utrip..ASA what the hell is going on...Thats to badd..You are not ranting George just telling truth!!!!!!

ShaneDuncan

Addicted to Softballfans
Other question for the tourny I guess.... Are the fences or nets going to be put up? Had BP there tonight and still no nets.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
So........................Anyone know where this is going to be?? Plantes?? (I f'ing hope not) or Merkel????

UpperTankStank

Extra Hitter
The city won't rent the fields to the county because the city parks department is ran by morons. Their excuse is that the county has the lowest priority for city field rentals, so they'd rent Merkel to a private party before the county. Such a joke.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
i'll play this because of the commitment to friends and teammates.......But, Spokane softballi is a ****ing joke. No wonder the activity is dying in Spokane.

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
So........................Anyone know where this is going to be?? Plantes?? (I f'ing hope not) or Merkel????

The city won't rent the fields to the county because the city parks department is ran by morons. Their excuse is that the county has the lowest priority for city field rentals, so they'd rent Merkel to a private party before the county. Such a joke.

What the city said was they already had games scheduled on Monday. They told Joel we could play at Merkel onMonday nights but we couldn't start until 9 p.m. We all know they turn the lights off at 11 so there's no point.

i'll play this because of the commitment to friends and teammates.......But, Spokane softballi is a ****ing joke. No wonder the activity is dying in Spokane.

Yup I Agree

x3

eblockman

Starting Player
Guys I APOLOGIZE that I was unable to secure fields at Merkel for your upper/USSSA leagues. I can't say that I didn't try my hardest, but they found a "way" to say yes, but NOT REALLY!!! I will continue to try to get in there......maybe for our Mid-Summer USSSA League? Either way, I appreciate your support for our county leagues and depending on the success of the city league this year we may have a better opportunity in 2014 to be at Merkel a ton! If I had the ability to assign games there I TRULY think I could help revive or start up the existence of elite-level softball in Spokane(-: