Utrip Mamba vs the Dual stamp Mamba

4_everABN

--[[[-----]]]-- Too Easy!
Hey guys, is there any difference between two? Reading the specs they both sound like they are the same bat. Has anyone hit both?

4_everABN

Ah... so the weighting is heavier or lighter on the dual stamp? Exit speed and distance is the same on both?

4_everABN

Good to know right there... Now I can make an informed decision. Looking for 28oz since they seemed to be more balanced then the blackout

fowlball75

Addicted to Softballfans
IMO they are not that balanced. I dropped a weight on mine. I was told by one of the Taylormade guys that it was weighted like the taylormade blackout. That's not true IMO. They swing more like the EL blackout and maybe a little heavier feel to me. It was the first thing I noticed when I got my first Mamba. I sold that one and got a ounce lighter.
That being said I love the Mamba Bat (usssa). I have close to a 1200 swings on mine and I just love the way it feels. It hits all balls well and doesn't take as long to break in. Just my perspective but I am swinging it over my Z's and Legit.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
I didnt like the feel of the utrip....................performed great, just something was off
Love the dually! So much better that the last attempt

Geezer000

Addicted to Softballfans
Everyone will have different opinions on the bats. I found the Black and Green swung the same weight wise. There will be slight variances between all bats from being manufactured but I find Mizuno to be one of the closest between bats. All three Mambas I have all weigh within .2oz of each other. I feel the Green is much stiffer out of the wrapper and doesn't do as well hitting the harder ball (anything over 52/300). The Black Mamba just absolutely crushes anything I've hit with it from 52/275 to Launches...Granted the black does have a softer feel than the green but in no way does it feel as soft as Combat or Mikens. So far we have broken 1 green and 2 No Doubts by hitting harder balls like Wickeds or Launches while I've put about 100 hits on those with my Black which has 700-800 hits total and still passed compression testing last event (at 240)

But as in anything about bats, this is all in MY opinion.
:biggthumpup:

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
USSSA Mamba is HOOOOT. Way hotter out of the wrapper then previous Blackouts. With that being said I still swing my Blackouts over it. It has an awkward weighting. Not as balanced as the TM Blackout and not as endloaded as the OG blackout. Kinda swings slow during begining of swing and then whips though at the end with my swing, making it hard to control. I find myself hitting the taper on the mamba, not to mention getting under the ball where the Blackouts I'm hitting ss with more control cutting the ball. Also the Mamba is much stiffer on miss hits towards the handle over Blackout. Its weird cause miss hits on it towards the handle feel worse but actually come off with better exit speed then blackout.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
USSSA Mamba is HOOOOT. Way hotter out of the wrapper then previous Blackouts. With that being said I still swing my Blackouts over it. It has an awkward weighting. Not as balanced as the TM Blackout and not as endloaded as the OG blackout. Kinda swings slow during begining of swing and then whips though at the end with my swing, making it hard to control. I find myself hitting the taper on the mamba, not to mention getting under the ball where the Blackouts I'm hitting ss with more control cutting the ball. Also the Mamba is much stiffer on miss hits towards the handle over Blackout. Its weird cause miss hits on it towards the handle feel worse but actually come off with better exit speed then blackout.

Agreed

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
I won a mamba a while back and I swung it just joking around. The first 5 hits wit 52/300s I hit 2 off the fence and 1 out on a 315' field. I think the 4th 1 hopped the fence. The bat felt kind of stiff. I kept swinging it throughout league nights and I kept having success with it. Its a 26oz where I usually swing 28s but I still love it. It hit the ball fairly well after the first couple swings but now it has 500+ hits on it and it is pretty nasty.