Vegas Military NIT/Nevada State April 11th & 12th

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
I thought they were eliminating one of the days entirely (maybe it was one of the tournaments)... believe I read it on Military Softball page on FB.

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
I think they were in fact going to one tourney as opposed to an NIT and a state. I am not sure what the exact format will be but pretty sure the format continues to permit a 4GG.

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
I think they were in fact going to one tourney as opposed to an NIT and a state. I am not sure what the exact format will be but pretty sure the format continues to permit a 4GG.

Are the running it as an open or will they still split divisions?

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
I am guessing they will have round robin and set up the brackets so the Varsity A teams were mostly on one side of the bracket and B on the other side. I am only speculating. Anyone know how many teams are registered up to this point?

RedFalcon_27

Ball Collector
Anyone want to fly a poor SSgt down for this one? I'd be more than willing to hit the occasional bomb and drink all your beer...:)

RedFalcon_27

Ball Collector
What will you do when there are no bombs left to hit....Mr. DBO....haha :biggthumpup: How's life at Scott treating ya?

Haha...hope the wind isn't blowing out at 40 mph I guess....haha. Life sucks up here bro...I'm sick of this cold weather crap. Should've stayed in Tucson.

bdunn12

Addicted to Softballfans
Haha...hope the wind isn't blowing out at 40 mph I guess....haha. Life sucks up here bro...I'm sick of this cold weather crap. Should've stayed in Tucson.

I wish I could've stayed in Tucson as well! Not liking Keesler so much!

Last edited:

FTLGuzzler

Addicted to Softballfans
D Rock said its Directors decision on using a net on the mound. Anyone talk with the director any. My guy hasn't received a reply from him. Guess we will pay online and just show up that weekend. Lol

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
Are you saying you would rather play with the screen? I could possibly see it being used if an A team plays a B team. A vs A or B vs B I would not imagine would have the screen. Just my opinion, not anything mentioned by the director.

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
Yea, anyone else having luck contacting the director for this or the Band Aid? We can't get through to either one of them...

reid13

R2W!!!!!!! Look it up...
Jeff Miller can be hard to get ahold of sometimes. Last year the screen was only used when 2 Varsity A teams squared off.

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
You could probably get a good rate if you stayed on Nellis AFB. It's not the strip but very affordable. Anyone have a list or tally of teams for this one yet? I will say that between this tourney and now the Band Aid (since it is now on good turf fields) that these are probably the best two opportunities to play USSSA military ball where you have nice complexes and where weather will not be a factor. It may be a bit of a cost to get to these two places, but I would much rather plan to play somewhere knowing that we will play no matter the weather. You cannot say that for any other military tournaments that I can think of. Additionally, I think these two tournaments allow for a good amount of points to assist with seeding later on. If all teams out there are not planning on coming out to Vegas and the Band Aid, you are really missing out on a great time. Hope to see the maximum amount of allowable teams in Vegas in a few weeks!

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
Big J I doubt there is a host hotel out there. With the lack of funds this year for the tourney and for some reason not a lot of promotion going on for this one I don't think they have set up anything for a host hotel. But it is vegas and you easily get a decent group deal out there. Old strip is always the easiest and cheapest if you want to stay on the strip.

Jeff I hear you on these tournies. I really hope that we have a good turn out. We need better promotion. Has anybody contacted Jeff Miller. I know my base needs the flyer for this tourney to show their leadership its legit.

Thanks Jeff and Edspanish. Vandenberg AFB Hawks will be there. I've been telling my guys to stay either on base or at the super 8 right off base.

Hoodles25

Addicted to Softballfans
I was in contact with Jeff but he has not answered my last few emails. His name is down as the director for this tournament but with him not answering I am beginning to wonder. Since Dustin Roberts is the military director I would suggest that we try to contact him to see what is going on with this. The sooner the better since the tourney is a little over two weeks . Gov't Issue will be in Vegas this weekend playing in the Major tournament and maybe Dustin will be there. If not I have some military guys on my team and others that will be there where we can ask BLD manager if it is booked and set. I will keep you all informed by this weekend.

Hondell

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
I was in contact with Jeff but he has not answered my last few emails. His name is down as the director for this tournament but with him not answering I am beginning to wonder. Since Dustin Roberts is the military director I would suggest that we try to contact him to see what is going on with this. The sooner the better since the tourney is a little over two weeks . Gov't Issue will be in Vegas this weekend playing in the Major tournament and maybe Dustin will be there. If not I have some military guys on my team and others that will be there where we can ask BLD manager if it is booked and set. I will keep you all informed by this weekend.

Hondell

Man, I hope this is still ongoing... would hate to see it vanish after all these years.