Verlander

Softball.com:

Stout33

Addicted to Softballfans
I predict he blows out his arm this year. He will then become the second coming of Frank Tanana.

dubes23113

Addicted to Softballfans
Man last year right before he went nutso and his what should've been a perfect game, I stated that he was the best pitcher in the game. So many wanted to argue and tell me that I was crazy. Well a year later I'm back to remind all u haters that well looks like I was right with my statements. 1mvp and 1cy young later and the triple crown for pitchers, he comes out 8in 7ks and gets a ND. May I remind u it's only April and his breaking ball was nasty.

dubes23113

Addicted to Softballfans
Second biggest sham of an MVP since Jose Canseco beat Mike Greenwell.

How can u say that! Back to back starts,that started his win streak, were a no hitter(ump pinched his perfect game) and a no hitter thru 25outs! Take him out of the equation and the tigers don't make playoffs. Last I knew that was considered valuable

3XC

Big Truss
Who should have gotten the MVP then? Granderson? Ellsbury?

MVP on a team that finished the year by collapsing and missing the postseason? No thanks.

He deserved it. Put it this way. Had he missed 3 months, would the Tigers have made the playoffs? I wager no. Had Ellsbury missed 3 months, would the Red Sox have finished with the exact same record? Maybe. Surely wouldn't have changed their spot in the standings.

3XC

Big Truss
Probably doesn't hurt that they won 12 division games in a row as they swept four consecutive series against their division in September.

Sure, the Twins were awful, but the rest of the division wasn't terrible, just overmatched.

Its not like Detroit had the highest payroll in baseball for a decade plus. Thats that other division.

3XC

Big Truss
Its called Whirl, and the non-weaponized version is still legal for sale in states that don't have bans on trans fats.

Marshenko

My sister worked for Little Caesars in Oxford, North Carolina. She would bring home the pizzas that people never bothered to come pick up after they were ordered.

Little Caesars is ****ing disgusting. I think I'm going to stop at one on the way home from work today.

3XC

Big Truss
I worked for a Dominos franchise. The franchisee was a Korean guy named Byung. He was awesomely sexist and bigoted. That said, that was the cleanest, best managed, best run pizza shop around. We would have delivery times under 10 minutes when it wasn't too busy. He made us run from our cars back to the store and would assault us if we screwed up.

Swear to God, he threw one of those mesh pizza screens like a frisbee at a driver that mouthed off. It flew through an open door, hit him in the temple, and sent him to the pavement. I also saw Byung spin kick the grille of a Ford Ranger and make both headlights stop working.

Then I worked for a corporate owned Dominos store, and you could get from the makeline to the walk-in without touching the floor if the roaches were tactically positioned.

Marshenko

Ahh good ol' Dominos. I was fortunate enough to not get suckered into working for my friend's various franchises in Oregon. Didn't stop me from making my own wings though.

3XC

Big Truss
Oh, and the new-ish Domino's Philly Cheesesteak pizza is the best major chain offering out there, bar none.

3XC

Big Truss
Ahh good ol' Dominos. I was fortunate enough to not get suckered into working for my friend's various franchises in Oregon. Didn't stop me from making my own wings though.

We had a colorful manager at the one store. Dude was a pasty, fat white guy, about 5'5" maybe, with the Rodman ankh tattoo around his belly button. He liked to tear off his shirt a lot.

One day he refused to serve pizza to walk in customers, and was cooking ground beef in the deep dish pans in our oven. He made "Uncle Alberts sloppy joes" and was trying to ply customers with his creation.

We put live lobsters in the pizza oven too. Came out quite good.