VIDEO REVIEW: 2016 Miken Freak Black ASA SWING BOSS

sscroggin

Yada Yada Yada
Watch this guys other videos on youtube. He can smash. Personally I love his swing. In my minds eye that's what mine looks like. In reality no where near.

SWING BOSS

Extra Hitter
Thanks sscroggin. I'd like to see your swing sometime, send me a video if you can. I catch a lot of flak for having a baseball swing, but guess what, so does Ryan Harvey and I think we can all agree he hits the ball pretty well with that swing.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpvEEaohEG4[/ame]

SWING BOSS

Extra Hitter
Here's the gloves I'm wearing Skew12

freak-batting-gloves

DStandridge

OHIPAL
SB, I have a baseball swing too. I feel most comfortable using this type of "swing". Hell, I've even been told I stand like Pujols.

Redman

Great swing in the review haha but did not like the HR swing for some reason.

Any comparison with it to the AM or Z3 Asa's?

Needs me some DC41 Asa lol

SWING BOSS

Extra Hitter
We hit 52/300's in tha tDerby except the last swing Money Ball, those were launch 650 Stadium balls. The pros were hitting them into the second parking lot in left lol.

SWING BOSS

Extra Hitter
Loving the Freak Black ASA. has about 100 on it. I've seen some guys on FB who's have around the same and are webbing already. Very good sound and pretty hot out of the wrapper. Only takes about 20 swings to feel it open up. Hoping they don't have any durability issues.

SWING BOSS

Extra Hitter
It was about 40 degrees that night in the derby, two handed follow through so I didn't lose the thing on my follow through! I'd compare it more towards a AM then a z3. a DC41 ASA, who knows, this could open up and feel like one after about 300-400. Hoping that happens.

BTW I'm still new to this forum thing so if I respond without quoting or am doing something wrong, my apologies. I'm still a noob here.

Great swing in the review haha but did not like the HR swing for some reason.

Any comparison with it to the AM or Z3 Asa's?

Needs me some DC41 Asa lol

Redman

It was about 40 degrees that night in the derby, two handed follow through so I didn't lose the thing on my follow through! I'd compare it more towards a AM then a z3. a DC41 ASA, who knows, this could open up and feel like one after about 300-400. Hoping that happens.

BTW I'm still new to this forum thing so if I respond without quoting or am doing something wrong, my apologies. I'm still a noob here.

Thattt would explain the swing difference hahaha. For sure, thanks for the input on the other 2 bats.

doing fine and didn't get all up tight to the bull**** comments, so that's a great start

SWING BOSS

Extra Hitter
Hitting in tunnels is never fun and never give a true view of ball and exit speed. It's a good bat, it'll get better after a few hundred swings. I know it doesn't seem like anything special from the video but I do urge you guys to get out and swing one if you can. I swung the dual stamp EL z4000 tonight and that so far is one of the 2015's I'm hooked on for ASA ball this far.

10-10. Great hitting there. But like JPG said and what I was getting at with my douche OG comment is that the way you were hitting in the cage doesnt make me want to swing that bat at all. I personally didnt listen to the sound b/c im at work but the "exit speed" just wasnt there.

Last edited:

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
OP- Your swing looks fine. Thanks for the review. I popped my head in here to ask 1 question and it got answered. Is this anything like an DC41 but for ASA..... Your answer depressed me.

SWING BOSS

Extra Hitter
Teammates of mine have swung my Freak Black ASA and their first impressions are ASA DC41 for sure. I'm not quite sold on it being at that level yet. That's why i said hoping putting a couple hundred more swings on it will open it up and get on that DC level everyone is looking for in an ASA bat.

OP- Your swing looks fine. Thanks for the review. I popped my head in here to ask 1 question and it got answered. Is this anything like an DC41 but for ASA..... Your answer depressed me.

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans

Nice review...don't mind the haters here. Keep us updated on the black asa would like too know what it does with more hits on it.

brewcitydude25

Addicted to Softballfans
I've watched some of your vids and you can definitely swing it. With that said, everyone on SBF hits .700. How does the ASA Freak Black compare to the DNA? What are your leaders for 2015 ASA gamers? Looking forward to your Easton reviews cuz it seems you are unbiased to any one manufacturer.