VIDEO REVIEW: Wilson TF21 GOTM 12.25" Todd Frazier glove review

SWING BOSS

Extra Hitter
Nice review...might have to move some stuff to get one.

Thanks Felks. Lois like you already game a 1781. Same glove but the wrist, thumb and pinky stalls are more snug. I used to have a 1781 but wasn't a fan of the I web. H web on this is perfect. I highly recommend one but your 1781 is also a nice piece too.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks Felks. Lois like you already game a 1781. Same glove but the wrist, thumb and pinky stalls are more snug. I used to have a 1781 but wasn't a fan of the I web. H web on this is perfect. I highly recommend one but your 1781 is also a nice piece too.

I find the hand opening fine on the 1781, but the finger holes are humongous.

The TF21 looks great. I got an A2K KP92 for Christmas that fits my hand perfectly.

Emperor

Star Player
just got this when it came in last week. really digging it, not sure if i want to break it in/use it yet though

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
You know Emporer, yourself and Swing Boss both made that statement. What is giving you guys reservations? It seems like a positive review.

SWING BOSS

Extra Hitter
You know Emporer, yourself and Swing Boss both made that statement. What is giving you guys reservations? It seems like a positive review.

Considering you can't create a duplicate of this on the custom site and there are only limited QTY's. Once they're gone, they're gone and the price is going to jump significantly. Or, they could make this a stock model down the road and the value is marginal at best. It mimics the MC24's value in a lot of ways and they're fetching $350+ easy.

BaseballFan2010

Addicted to Softballfans
Considering you can't create a duplicate of this on the custom site and there are only limited QTY's. Once they're gone, they're gone and the price is going to jump significantly. Or, they could make this a stock model down the road and the value is marginal at best. It mimics the MC24's value in a lot of ways and they're fetching $350+ easy.

That's why I bought 2 :biggthumpup: :)

jd10

Came to make a bang
nice review boss. I think i might have to hunt one of these down. I bought a custom 1781 a few seasons ago, gamed it for a year playing a few games a week and by the end, a hard line drive could knock it off my hand. tried tightening it, tried a batting glove underneath, once it got really broken in, it stretched too much for me. If the hand stall is tighter than your 1781, this might be a good option for me. I keep asking wilson to make a 1781 with the DP15 fit, but nobody cares what i ask for :)

bigjbowski16

Addicted to Softballfans
Tightening the hand stall is such a simple fix, it shouldn't even be on the list of concerns. It definitely shouldn't detract anybody from purchasing a glove, never understood that. JD10, if you want me to do it for you just pay for shipping. Ill have it back in the mail the next day.

jd10

Came to make a bang
BigJ, thanks for the offer bro. I actually tightened it myself, but it didn't fix it. everything about it just felt too big on my hand. I have a PI 1781 that fit perfect, after a few seasons with it, i figured I'd order a custom, thinking it would have the same fit, but from the second i got it, it was too big on my hand. just got worse as time went by.

bigjbowski16

Addicted to Softballfans
Thank makes sense. The wrist part is an easy fix, but you cant really do anything about too big finger stalls

SWING BOSS

Extra Hitter
I agree about the Pedrioa fit on the larger gloves. Maybe make it an option on the Custom gloves at some point.

I punched a hole in my 1781 to make the wrist fit better and it made the break in point more awkward then it did help it stay on my wrist. It's the only Wilson that has disappointed me the way it fits. Everything else has been spot on.

this TF is nice and snug on the wrist but the finger stalls are very wide. But, tbh, the larger the gloves, the longer the finger stalls, the larger they're going to be. you can't really expect to have a 12.75" glove with the fit and feel of a 11.5 DP15 or 1787.

SWING BOSS

Extra Hitter
I think we can all agree that we want our gloves to fit like a nice new pair of shoes. Snug, maybe a bit tight and uncomfy the first week, but once they form to your feet from use they become the most comfy pair you own. I'd rather a glove fit tight and snug at first and then relax into a better fit over time and break in.

jd10

Came to make a bang
Yeah boss, you hit it on the head. Id like it to be alittle tight early on, knowing it will form to my hand better once broken in. I get the whole "bigger the glove bigger all over", but a snugger fit on a 12.25 should be an option (i know u agree with me). Outfield gloves, yeah, hard to make that an option on a 12.75, but theyre still pitching the 1781 and the tf21 as infield gloves. Tighten up, wilson!

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
I tried on a dozen TF21's today. Half of them had snug finger stalls. The other were loose like the retail 1781's.

Emperor

Star Player
not so much the value, as few get into this hobby and actually make any kind of turn around.

while i have the GOTM's, the last couple I broke in I didn't care for the leather, seemed to get floppy very quickly. The leather was almost plastic-y. The TF21 certainly doesn't feel that way nor have the last several, which is a good thing but I'm still gunshy. With my custom PP Pro1000 I got over Christmas that 12.25in hole has been filled. I don't HAVE to break in and use the TF21.

Part of it is too, the nice looking ones I like to keep that way. Sometimes it almost seems a shame to dirty up such a fine piece of craftsmanship.

SWING BOSS

Extra Hitter
not so much the value, as few get into this hobby and actually make any kind of turn around.

while i have the GOTM's, the last couple I broke in I didn't care for the leather, seemed to get floppy very quickly. The leather was almost plastic-y. The TF21 certainly doesn't feel that way nor have the last several, which is a good thing but I'm still gunshy. With my custom PP Pro1000 I got over Christmas that 12.25in hole has been filled. I don't HAVE to break in and use the TF21.

Part of it is too, the nice looking ones I like to keep that way. Sometimes it almost seems a shame to dirty up such a fine piece of craftsmanship.

Ahh yes, the dilemmas of being a leather head right? To game or not to game.

I never brought this up on here before but I've talked with teammates and local leather heads about this topic and the general consensus is agreed. When Wilson begins getting crazy with there leather colors on stock gloves, I feel as though the leather is not the quality of the stock leather in black/tan/blonde. My theory is when they start to color the stock glove leathers in red or royal blue, it degrades the leather and gives it that "plasticy" feeling we all know all too well. Do you guys agree?

The GOTM's or customs however I feel the quality of the colored leather may be better due to the craftsmanship of the limited amounts rather than pumping out thousand upon thousands of the sane glove. No? Maybe that's just me.

Emperor

Star Player
if i part with mine i assume someone here would like it. place out by me only ever gets 1. Doesnt SBF get the gloves of the month now?

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
I've contacted many many stores here and none of them are GOTM dealers apparently. So frustrating.

beeblebobble

Starting Player
I've contacted many many stores here and none of them are GOTM dealers apparently. So frustrating.

Just do a google search for wilson glove of the month dealers, probably 4th result down has a pdf you can view and download, its from 2014 so some changes. Most are more than happy to ship, provided you pay for it, and it might give you an idea of the closest to you geographically. If you're on instagram or facebook usually the first of the month wilson will post a picture of that months glove and have a link in their profile to the most recent list, and who knows maybe someone here has a recent list they can pm ya?

Whoops just saw you're in Ontario: on that list W&P Sports in Richmond Hill is the only store I see listed...

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Just do a google search for wilson glove of the month dealers, probably 4th result down has a pdf you can view and download, its from 2014 so some changes. Most are more than happy to ship, provided you pay for it, and it might give you an idea of the closest to you geographically. If you're on instagram or facebook usually the first of the month wilson will post a picture of that months glove and have a link in their profile to the most recent list, and who knows maybe someone here has a recent list they can pm ya?

Whoops just saw you're in Ontario: on that list W&P Sports in Richmond Hill is the only store I see listed...

Thank you! Should be in hand tomorrow.

Last edited: