Price Check Vincis In General

jennd

So I am pretty new here and have been reading a lot in regards to Vinci gloves. There seems to be such a polarization in what people feel about this line of gloves. People seem to either really like them or seemt o not like them at all. There seems to be a lot of comparing them to other lines such as Mizuno or Wilson. I have tried a lot of brands of gloves and have owned a couple of Vinci. Just recently I unload my PJV-M which honestly I had a love hate relationship with. I play a lot of infield and unfortunately a trap is not the best web to have on the infield I believe. That may have been a big part of the problem. The glove itself felt great on the hand and had a fantastic pocket. However, The ball seemed to have a way of squirming out of the pocket and hard hit grounders. Again, that may have been more of a product of the web than the glove itself.

I was wondering peoples opinions of Vincis here. Really I would like opinions more geared to what people think of the gloves in regards to their cost. What do people think of their patterns and the leathered used. Not so much as to how they compare to other lines. Additionally, I would like to hear anyones impressions of Vinci's new leather the Optimus leather. I am very interested in possibly buying a Optimus glove but I am hesitant to drop that large of an amount of money sight unseen. Any input would be appreciated, thank you.

gofisch

I'd give you my opinion but everyone would say I'm biased. I do agree with you on the trap, I never liked them for infield. I like H web's or Net T's.

HuskyDribbler

All Glove...No Game
Not sure how constructive this thread will be because it seems like what you're asking for are people's subjective opinions which differ from person to person. If 3 people think that Vinci's are a value and 3 people think they are a ripoff, how does that benefit anyone here? Not trying to sound like a jerk, it just sounds like a recipe for more of the "polarization" that you're talking about.

For example. I'm not a fan of the limited leather. For me it's just so tight and even after it loosens up it just doesn't have the kind of give I like. I personally love the CP2 leather. Most people here would probably say that the 22 gloves are second rate, or bottom of the line. For me, while they may not last as long as other gloves the leather just envelopes whatever you catch. Play some infield with a 1923 and you won't have a problem with any balls squirming out.

As for cost...I think they're fairly priced. I wouldn't mind seeing the CP Kip go for $199 and the Limited for $179 or so. Isn't that what the Limited used to cost? Anyways, while I'd like to se them be a tad cheaper, I've owned an RV56 and I've seen first hand how well built and absolutely bulletproof that glove was.

I'd recommend anyone who is interested in a Vinci to find a local rep. Check a bunch of models out. Try playing with a couple models that you're interested in and if you like them, use one. If you don't, stick to the other makers. You can see in my sig that I no longer have a Vinci, although there are a couple models I plan on picking up.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
The thing I noticed about Vinci naysayers is most of them were Vinci fanboys at one point and the Vinci hype was silly for awhile, it turned me off while I was first lurkimg the boards.These same guys moved to much more expensive gloves ($400 mizzys and custom japan glove) and are now in pursuit of the rare unicorn glove (currently ~$1k nike, I'm sure it will change again) above all others just like bats, it's silly.

I was given a Vinci 22 series glove while I had A2000's HOH's and Nokona's. I was impressed enough by the quality and pattern of the glove I've swapped out my gamers for Vinci and became a player rep. I am not one of the guys who can sell you a glove either unless you live close by, it doesn't benefit me to tout the glove for any reason. I just think the ones I've had experience with have been great gloves. Far as pricing goes I thinknthey are very competitively priced, I know everyone wants more for less but I think we're already getting that if we look at comparable gloves.

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
The thing I noticed about Vinci naysayers is most of them were Vinci fanboys at one point and the Vinci hype was silly for awhile, it turned me off while I was first lurkimg the boards.These same guys moved to much more expensive gloves ($400 mizzys and custom japan glove) and are now in pursuit of the rare unicorn glove (currently ~$1k nike, I'm sure it will change again) above all others just like bats, it's silly.

I was given a Vinci 22 series glove while I had A2000's HOH's and Nokona's. I was impressed enough by the quality and pattern of the glove I've swapped out my gamers for Vinci and became a player rep. I am not one of the guys who can sell you a glove either unless you live close by, it doesn't benefit me to tout the glove for any reason. I just think the ones I've had experience with have been great gloves. Far as pricing goes I thinknthey are very competitively priced, I know everyone wants more for less but I think we're already getting that if we look at comparable gloves.

Amen, I feel/felt the same way.

MaverickAH

For example. I'm not a fan of the limited leather. For me it's just so tight and even after it loosens up it just doesn't have the kind of give I like. I personally love the CP2 leather. Most people here would probably say that the 22 gloves are second rate, or bottom of the line. For me, while they may not last as long as other gloves the leather just envelopes whatever you catch. Play some infield with a 1923 and you won't have a problem with any balls squirming out.

I feel pretty much the same way about the 5.0oz kip. I'm not saying that the Limited's are bad glove. It's just the least favorite of all the Vinci Series. The grain on the kip is extremely tight & remains so for a long, long time. For me, the 5.0oz kip has to get a bit beat up before it become truly nice. There is a period where the glove goes through the, "squirts". This is where the ball feels like it's not secure & may squirt out of the glove. It passes.

I won't necessarily say that they were fanboys. I would say that most of them have never gamed them long term, if at all. They also have an annoying habit of comparing their $400 to $500 gloves solely to the Limited Series. Their criticisms don't hold up when a Custom Pro, Custom Pro Kip or Optimus is brought into the discussion.