Waiting on pitch

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
First off, pulling every time isn't so bad if you can still hit the line or shoot the 5 hole every time on demand. Otherwise, it's BP and more BP. Nothing we say will be much help unless you go out and practice it til you can't screw it up.

Also need to adjust on the fly. If their 2B is weak, you'll want to pick on him but if the pitch is on the inside edge of the plate be ready to make the adjustment and send it down the line.

I can usually go anywhere I want if I really try to. If I just think I'll swing hard and hit a bomb, no aim and swing my ass off, I usually won't (not enough power :( ). But if I aim I can usually hit my target. The mental issue is choosing singles over (much less likely) home runs.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
First off, pulling every time isn't so bad if you can still hit the line or shoot the 5 hole every time on demand. Otherwise, it's BP and more BP. Nothing we say will be much help unless you go out and practice it til you can't screw it up.

Also need to adjust on the fly. If their 2B is weak, you'll want to pick on him but if the pitch is on the inside edge of the plate be ready to make the adjustment and send it down the line.

I can usually go anywhere I want if I really try to. If I just think I'll swing hard and hit a bomb, no aim and swing my ass off, I usually won't (not enough power :( ). But if I aim I can usually hit my target. The mental issue is choosing singles over (much less likely) home runs.

I agree with this. There's no magic thing anyone can say that will help you wait on the ball longer. You simply have to delay your swing more than you are now. Hitting a softball isn't rocket science. If you're out in front, wait longer or perhaps use a bat 2 ounces heavier. I also agree with making adjustments as you go. Some hitters get in such habitual ruts that they're unable to correct a couple bad swings in a row, which translates into several games of lost ABs.

I guess my one bit of advice for waiting on the ball would be to hit the ball deeper in the zone than you usually do. Bring your hands in and almost try to fight it off and get inside it. You make a habit of doing that and you'll start hitting the ball harder, further, and you'll never be in front anymore.

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
Have had this issue for awhile myself.

Too inpatient when I try to go oppo it winds up being a middle shot because of it.

Live BP does help though